Latvia is a Schengen state in Europe, along with 25 other countries. Both Travel Latvia Visa for Indian and Business Latvia visa from India come under the Schengen short-stay visa, allowing visitors to stay for a maximum period of 90 days.
A holder of a Schengen visa, granted by any of the Schengen Area member countries, is eligible for free movement within the entire Schengen Zone, within the validity and period limitations of the visa. Different types of permits issued by the Embassy of Latvia have other restrictions on travelling and length of stay
Tourist Visa for Latvia
Short Stay Travel Latvia Visa from India is granted to people who wish to enter Latvia for tourism, travel, and leisure purposes. Visitors are allowed to stay in Latvia for a predetermined amount of time.
This Latvia visa from India does not permit to work or engage in any business activities in the host country. Thus, if you are travelling for tourism purposes, you must use the travel Latvia visa for Indian visa application, which is valid for a travel period of fewer than 90 days.
Business Visa for Latvia
A business Latvia visa from India allows the bearer to enter a foreign country and engage in business activities without joining that country’s labor force, temporarily or permanently.
Visitors must first prove that they do not receive any government income. Latvia visa for Indian nationals are granted business visas to meet with business corporations, participate in scientific, educational, or professional meetings and conferences, work out an estate or negotiate an agreement in Latvia.
This is valid for a period of fewer than 90 days. If the applicant intends to engage in professional activities in Latvia, they must apply for a work permit, even if the work is not financially compensated.
Requirements for Latvia visa for Indian
The following documents are required Latvia visa for Indian irrespective of which visa type you are applying for.
- Travel document
- Application form
- Covering letter
- Travel Medical Insurance
- Proof of Means of Transport
- Proof of Lodging
- Proof of Financial means
Here are some additional documents you will require to get a Latvia visa from India.
If the applicant is employed:
- Current employment contract
- Copy of recent bank statement of the latest six months to get Latvia visa from India.
- No-objection certificate from current employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary from the applicant
If the applicant is a company owner or self-employed:
- A copy of their business license
- Copy of the company bank statement of the latest six months to get a Latvia visa for Indian.
- Income Tax Return (ITR) of the Company
If the applicant is retired:
- Pension statement for the previous six months to get Latvia visa from India
- Proof of regular income received from property or rent for the last six months (if any)
For Latvia Tourist Visa
- If the applicant is being sponsored, an invitation letter with the address and phone number from the family or Company that is investing in is required.
- Bank statement of the last six months to get Tourist Latvia visa for Indian
- Passport copies of the applicant
- A certificate from the travel agency confirming the booking of an organized trip of the applicant (if any)
- Any other appropriate document indicating the travel plans of the applicant, including period and reason of visit.
- If the applicant is married and cannot provide evidence of marital status in the passport, a marriage certificate must be submitted to get a Latvia visa from India. If applicable, a copy of the ration card can also be submitted.
For Latvia Business Visa
- Invitation letter from the Latvian Company which the applicant will be visiting and their complete address along with the dates of the visit
- A No Objection Letter from your employer allowing the business travel and stating the details about the trip to get a business Latvia visa for Indian.
- Both invitation letters, as well as a letter from the employer, must confirm the following information: i) The applicant’s identity;
ii) The purpose of the visit, such as meetings, conferences, training, or business-related events.
iii) The period and place of the intended stay of the applicant while in Latvia.
- Proof of previous trade relations between the two companies, if such events have occurred.
- Bank statement of the last six months of the Company to get Latvia visa from India.
- The coverage of the applicant’s expenses during their stay in Latvia must be proved by either the employer or the host company who is hosting the applicant on the letter or invitation.
- During their stay in Latvia, the applicant must always have valid Schengen travel insurance. When entering the Schengen Area or Latvia, border authorities may request proof of adequate insurance.
- All documents should be provided in A4 size of paper to get a Latvia visa for Indian.
- If the documents are not originally in English, they must be accompanied by good English translations.
- Although the Embassy reserves the right to request the original of any document provided at any point during visa processing, please submit only photocopies of all forms. Do keep in mind to carry original documents at the time of submission at the Visa Centre to get a Latvia visa from India.
- It must be noted that the Latvian Embassy has the right to ask for additional documents or the personal appearance of the applicant for an interview in exceptional cases.
- The application may be rejected if the applicant submits incomplete documentation or refuses to appear for a special visa interview.
Latvia visa fees
Here is the Latvia visa for Indian fees. The cost for a Short Stay Schengen Visa for travel and business purposes is:
- For children below six years of age- No Charge
- For children between the ages of 6 and 12 years- INR 2800
- For regular applicants- INR 4700
- For spouse or children of a European Union National – No Charge
You will be charged a service cost of INR1607/- (Inclusive of all Tax) to get Latvia visa from India that must be paid in cash or by debit/ credit card at the Visa Application Centre. There is an optional courier facility available at Rs.450/- (Inclusive of all Tax) per application.
The current exchange rate dictates the visa fee in Indian Rupees, and it is subject to change without notice, as per fluctuations in the economy. All fees for Latvia visa for Indian are non-refundable, regardless of whether the visa is granted or not. Applicants exempt from paying the visa fee are not exempt from paying the service fee at the respective Visa Application Centres.
How to apply for Latvia Visa
Step 1: To get a Latvia visa for Indian visit the official website of VFS global : Click on the tab ‘Online Application’ from the homepage.
Step 2: You will be redirected to the application form. There, you must follow the instructions. Click the box indicating that you have read and accepted the service’s terms. Then click the ‘Fill the Visa Application Form’ button.
Step 3: You will be asked for the Visa Type you are applying for and from which country you are using. It will then select the Embassy automatically. It would help if you then chose the language in which you wish to fill in the application.
Step 4: Fill in the application form carefully to get a Latvia visa from India
Step 5: Fill out the presence validation form that appears on your screen. Then press the ‘Save’ button. Your Application Number and Security Code, as well as your application summary, will be displayed.
Step 6:The applicant must then take a printout of the filled-out application form to get a Latvia visa for Indian and go to the Visa Application Centre. They must choose a centre in their application which is nearest to their residence. Applicants must keep in mind that they must bring the required supporting documents and the center’s visa service fees.
Step 7:At the visa application centre, your picture will be taken by the service centre personnel (for all applicants). A biometrical process will then take your fingerprints. All Schengen short-stay Latvia visa for Indian applicants must appear in person at the centre. To have their fingerprints and photograph taken.
Step 8:After the staff checks the integrity of the application; they will record your application information in the system. You will have to pay the fees to get a Latvia visa from India at this point. They will then generate an acknowledgement receipt which you can use to track the status of your application.
What do I do After Submission?
After applying, you can track the application for a Latvia visa from India by visiting the following website- http://www.vfsglobal.com/Latvia/India/after-submission.html.
Next, you must click on the button that says ‘Track your Application.’ You will be redirected to another page once you click this button. You have to enter the application reference number (found on the receipt) and your last name. The screen will then display your application status.
You may collect your passport from the respective VAC office after your visa application is approved. It would help if you managed your passport yourself. Please ensure you bring the receipt issued to you on the day of your appointment during the collection of your passport.
The documents or passport of the applicant will not be handed over to third parties, except if the following people do the collection:
- Immediate Family Member such as Parents, Children, or Spouse of the applicant
- A person is collecting the passport on behalf of Government officials if so mentioned on the Government letterhead.
- Red Carpet Representatives of the applicant, if authorized on the Company’s paper.
If any of the above people come to collect the Latvia visa for Indian or the passport, they need to carry any of the following documents:
- Original Government ID card
- Original Identity Proof
- Initial authorization letter from the applicant