A birth certificate is a vital record that documents the birth of a child. The term “birth certificate” can refer to either the original document certifying the circumstances of the birth or to a certified copy of or representation of the ensuing registration of that birth. A Birth Certificate is the most important proof of your Date of Birth. Usually the details like your Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Citizenship, Address etc. are mentioned on the Date of Birth Certificate.
The birth certificate is an important document that has to be present with an individual as proof of birth is needed in applying to any job or exam or even for PAN card or Aadhaar Card. But, getting birth certificate offline is full of hassles. You have to go to the concerned offices, spend a lot of precious time and face many difficulties to get these certificates. But these are the problems of past. Now you can get these certificates very conveniently and through online mode. If you are in Delhi and want to get a Birth Certificate, Delhi Government has availed a website on which you may apply online.
Procedure to get Birth Certificate Online in Delhi:
Step 1: Visit the official website
Go to the official website of Delhi Government to apply online for Birth Certificate. Visit http://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/ to get all the required information about applying for birth certificates online.
Step 2: Register Yourself
After login into the website click on “Apply For Certificates Online” in your right hand after redirect of the page, click on register button.
Step 3: Citizen Login
Fill in your name, house number, post office and locality. Also choose your gender in the page. Fill in the district from which you belong and also choose the birth certificate option from the many options that will be available to you. You will get sms of your password and user id on your registered number mobile.
After that login with that user id and password and now apply online for birth certificate.
Step 4: Print the Application Form
Print your application form and along with that you will be provided with the acknowledgement slip which will provide you with the information where you will get your certificate after the registration is complete. On the acknowledgment slip that you will be provided with, there will be a temporary number in it. Preserve the number for later use.
Step 5: Post the Application Form to the concerned Officer
Fill in the application form with all the correct details and send it with all the essential documents by ordinary post to the concerned officer. The sub division and district will also have to be selected in the form. The sub division can be found by clicking on on Find SubDivision button present in the main website.
Step 6: Unique 10-digit Application Number
After submission of the form, you will be provided with a unique 10 digit number which will help you to keep a track of the application form. The status can be found online in the Find Status button present in the main website.
Step 7: Collect the Certificate personally
Once the certificate has reached the concerned district from where you belong, you have to go to the office yourself to collect your birth certificate. By keeping a track of the status, you can check if your document is ready.
Essential documents for Online Birth Registration:
- Completed application form. One can download the form from official website or can collect the form from nearby registrar office.
- Affidavit in prescribed Proforma specifying place, date and time of birth signed by authorized officer.
- Supporting document for the present residential proof like Voter ID, Electricity bill/water bill/house tax on parent’s name/Ration Card for address proof.
- Copy of Ration Card/Aadhaar card/Voter ID card/Passport of parents.
- Copies of Parent’s identity and residential documents of parents attested by a Gazetted officer.
- Aadhaar card Enrolment No. and any one of the identity proof PAN / Passport / Driving Licence / Voters Card / Identity Card. The name of the applicant on the Aadhaar card should match with the Name of the Applicant.
- A letter written by Medical Officer In-charge, any officer authorized person of Hospital/Health Centre, Maternity Home where the birth has occurred.
- Photograph of the applicant that must match with applicant’s photo on the Aadhaar card.
Where to submit Birth Application Form in Delhi?
- International Inoculation Centre (HQ) Birth and Death Centre, Mandir Marg.
- Palika Suvidha Kendra, 48 Babar Road, New Delhi (N.R.C Hospital).
- Palika Suvidha Kendra Palika Bhavan, R.K Puram, Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi.
- SBS Place Gole Market L.H.M.C Hospital & R.M.L Hospital, New Delhi.
- Charak Palika Hospital, MotiBagh, New Delhi.
- Maternity Hospital, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
- 42, South Market, Kidwai Nagar, A.I.I.M.S, New Delhi.
- Sarojini Nagar Centre, Safdarjang Hospital, Shanti Aavedna Hospital & Trauma Centre A.I.I.M.S, New Delhi.
- Within 21 days of the occurrence of Birth – No Fee
- After 21 days to 30 days of the occurrence of Birth – ₹. 7/- as late fee
- After 30 days to within 1 year of the occurrence of Birth – ₹. 10/- as late fee
- Beyond One year of the occurrence of Birth – SDM Order from local area + ₹. 15 as late fee
Procedure for delayed Birth Registration:
You can go to your local municipal office and ask for procedure of delayed birth registration. Usually for birth registration which are beyond one year there is a requirement of Birth order by Executive Magistrate/ Sub Divisional Magistrate on basis of which birth is registered in municipal office after paying the requisite late fees. To get Birth Order you need to visit the local Executive Magistrate/ Sub Divisional Magistrate office and submit the required documents like identity proof, address proof and school certificates on basis of which Birth order is issued.
Do not delay to get a birth registered!
For more information log on to www.itzeazy.in