Many of us unaware of the procedure for Canada visa either offline or online. We always wonder how to get a Canada tourist visa and what are the steps required. However, it is still not clear which document will be required either soft copy or hard copy. Moreover, standing in a queue and getting a visa is quite difficult due to lack of time. Hence, here are the simple steps to apply online as well as offline at Visa Application Centre (VAC) for a single-entry visa.
Canada Visa types
First, make clear what type of visa you require because there are 4 major types of Visas are available for Canada:
1. Business Visa is mainly for Trade-people who have their own business and from whom Canada government get benefited
2. Work Visa is for people who wish to work in a company located in Canada and have required qualification for the same.
3. Permanent resident Visa is – the person who does not have above qualification but want to settle in Canada. It is evaluated based on educational qualification and work experience.
4. Student Visa is for the person who wants to study in Canada
5. Canada Tourist Visa is mainly for people who want to visit Canada for tourism
Canada Tourist Visa Requirement
For travel Visa from India to Canada, everyone must fulfill some requirement
1. Indian Citizen and have Indian Passport
2. Specify your purpose of visit and duration
3. Work experience in the respective country
4. Proof of income per month or yearly to meet the expenses in Canada.
5. Crime status (have you ever been arrested?)
Check eligibility for eligibility test available on any Visa application center.
Documents required for Canada Tourist Visa
For online and offline, some visa documents are required for Canada tourist visa. These documents can be in paper or scan copy of the document. It depends on which method you are applying for a visa. Here is a list of documents required
1. Scan or Xerox copy of passport
2. Soft copy of photograph and signature in case of online submission of the form
3. Credit/debit card for payment. Cash can be helpful in case of offline application
4. One blank page on the passport, if not available renew the passport.
5. If you are in a job or running your business, soft copy if earning proof.
6. If traveling to your relative, must have concerned letter or e-mail
7. Marriage certificate (if required)
8. Detail of current immigration status if applying form another country
9. Proof of financial support if you are not working
Canada Visa fee
According to the purpose of visit, either in-group or solo, there are different fee structure for Canada Tourist Visa for Indian citizen as per INR and Canadian Dollar.
1. Visitor visa for an individual – $100 = INR 5,060
2. Visitor Visa for family of 5 members – $500 = INR 25,300
3. Work permit for individual – $155 = INR 7,843
4. Work permit for group – $465 = INR 23,529
5. Student Visa fee – $150 = INR 7,590
6. For offline process biometric fee – $85 = INR 4,301 per person and $170 = INR 8,602 for family
Canada Visa Process from India
Before filling the form online for Canada Visa application, make sure you have a biometric device attached to the system for fingerprint and scanned copies of documents.
1. After checking eligibility online, a reference number will generate for Canada visa online application of form (note it down)
2. Download the application form for Canada tourist visa for India and start filling the form
3. Fill the form with correct details
4. Validate the form
5. Sing-in in an account or create an account using GCkey
6. Update information online after creating the account
7. Now choose the Visitor visa
8. Proof of financial support means office work document
9. Upload digital documents- Visa form, passport, photograph, and signature.
10. Mention purpose of travel
11. Family information if any and review application form
Canada Tourist Visa Fee Payment for Application
The payment of fee is in online mode with either debit card or credit card. It will require INR 5,060 for per person.
Canada Tourist Visa Fee Submission
After payment, click on the application submit button you will be redirected to the page showing ‘your application has been submitted’.
Canada Visa Process offline for Tourist
For the offline procedure, the eligibility criteria are same along with fee structure and documents. You can either visit VAC for more details and read instruction package carefully.
This package contains an information need to know before submitting the form and other information that you need to gather before filling the form
1. Get the application package that includes an application form with instruction and forms that need to fill out.
1. Do read the instructions carefully before filling the form as the fee will not be refunded after any error.
2. Submit the complete application form for Canada Visa
3. Applicants below 18 must get signature on the form from their parents or guardians.
Process for Offline Canada Visa
1. Download the application form for Canada Visa
2. Fill the form with correct information as in passport and enter the validate button
3. The form is validated and barcode will be generated (barcode is must in the application form)
4. Paste the barcode at top of every page of the form and take out print
5. Sign the form with date and place
6. The print should be non-glossy, on white paper, and bond-quality
Offline Canada Tourist Visa Fee payment
For the offline process of Canada Tourist Visa from India, you need to visit the nearest Visa application center of Canada or Canadian Embassy in India with
1. Above mentioned documents especially passport
2. Two Photographs and on the back write date of birth and name
3. Printout of completely filled form
4. Application and biometric fee
5. Financial proof and marriage certificate
6. Purpose of visit document
Where you can pay either in cash or via debit/credit card and payment, a receipt will be generated. Keep the receipt for future use.
Canada Visa Status Tracking
You can track your application status via online or subscribe mail or message for status. The Canada visa application center will update you on your current visa status click here for more information- https://www.csc-cvac.com/en-us/selfservice/status