As a sovereign state, Bangladesh requires all non natives to get consent to enter its region. Bangladesh Visa is issued by Bangladesh missions situated all through the world or on entry to Bangladesh.
A Bangladesh visa is required for all Indians wishing to visa Bangladesh. Indians can easily apply for a Bangladesh visa for tourist or business purposes. The Embassy of Bangladesh will confirm or determine the type, category of visa and the duration of your stay in Bangladesh. According to the purpose of your visit, length of stay and bilateral arrangement between India and Bangladesh, the type and category of your visa may vary. Any change in rules and regulations made by the Government of Bangladesh will apply to the visa being issued.
If you have obtained the business visa, you will have the right to stay in Bangladesh for a maximum of 180 days. The business visa is mainly for people who want to participate in business meetings, conferences, etc in Bangladesh. A business visa allows the holder to enter a foreign country and engage in business activities. However the person must not join that country’s labour force, temporarily or permanently. Visitors must show that they are not receiving any income from the country. Business visas have the single, double and multiple entry option.
You have the right to stay in Bangladesh for a maximum of 60 days for leisure or recreational purposes if you have obtained the tourist visa. You will be granted a tourist visa only in the event that you wish to enter a foreign country for tourism, travel and leisure purposes. Visitors are allowed to stay for a fixed amount of time. These visas do not permit the holder to work or engage in any business activities in the host country. Tourist visas for Bangladesh are issued only for single or double entry.
Bangladesh visa requirements
- Travel document– The applicant’s passport must be valid for a minimum six months after the intended departure from Bangladesh. It must contain at least two blank pages and must have been issued within the last 10 years. The passport should not have any observation regarding the front data page.
- Application form– The applicant must submit a completed application form. Applicants must note that any incomplete information or false statement in the application could result in delay in processing or rejection of the application. The application form has to be filled out in the English language only.
- Photograph– Applicants require three recent original passport-size colour photographs with a white background. The photograph should not be more than six months old.
- Covering letter– The applicant must submit a covering letter to the centre, with details such as the applicant introducing himself/herself, explaining the purpose of visit, duration & schedule of the visit in brief.
- Proof of Means of Transport – Applicants need their flight reservation of return or round ticket. Applicants must note that the tickets do not have to be paid for; only the booking receipt needs to be submitted.
- Proof of Lodging – The applicant’s hotel reservations, receipt of renting a holiday home or campus residence reservation are required as proof. Proof of sponsorship and private accommodation from the host is required, in the event that the applicant intends to stay with a family member or a friend in Bangladesh.
- Proof of Financial means– The applicant’s original bank statement showing their transactions in the last three months, stamped and signed by means of the bank authority, or Indian income tax return statement acknowledging returns for the last two assessment years are required.
In addition if the applicant is employed:
- Current employment contract
- Copy of current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from current employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary from the applicant
If the applicant is a company owner or self-employed:
- A copy of their business license
- Copy of the company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR) of the company
If the applicant is retired:
- Pension statement for the previous 6 months
- Proof of regular income received from property or rent for the last 6 months (if any)
If applying for a Tourist Short Stay Visa:
- In the event that the applicant is being sponsored, an invitation letter with the address and phone number from the family or company that is sponsoring is required.
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies of the applicant
- A certificate from the travel agency confirming the booking of an organised trip of the applicant (if any)
- Any other appropriate document indicating the travel plans of the applicant, including period and reason of visit.
If applying for a Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from Bangladeshi company which the applicant will be visiting and their complete address along with the dates of the visit
- A certificate from your employer allowing the business travel and stating the details about the trip.
- Both invitation letter as well as letter from employer must confirm the following details:
- The applicant’s identity;
- The purpose of the visit, such as meetings, conferences, training or business related events.
- The period and place of intended stay of the applicant, while in Bangladesh.
- Proof of previous trade relations between the two companies, if such events have occurred.
- Bank statement of the last 6 months of the company
- The coverage of your expenses during your stay in Bangladesh must be proved by means of either the employer or the host company who is hosting the applicant, on the letter or invitation.
- All documents should be provided in A4 size of paper.
- In the event that the documents not originally in English, they must be accompanied by valid English translations.
- Although the Embassy reserves the right to request the original of any document provided at any point during visa processing, please submit only photocopies of all documents. Do keep in mind to carry original documents at the time of submission at the Visa Centre.
- It must be noted that the Bangladesh Embassy has the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance of the applicant for an interview in special cases.
- The application may be rejected in the event that the applicant submits incomplete documentation or refuses to appear for a special visa interview.
- In the event that any of the above mentioned documents is missing, the application will not be accepted.
Bangladesh visa fees
No visa fee is required to be paid by Indian nationals applying for a Bangladesh visa in any category. In the event that any fees are asked for by an agency, the matter may kindly be brought to the notice of the high commission as soon as possible.
How to apply for Bangladesh visa
Step 1: Visit the URL https://www.visa.gov.bd/ to access the online Bangladesh Visa application form.
Step 2: Agree to the terms and conditions and read the instructions given on the page. Then click on ‘Proceed’ to access the rest of the application.
Step 3: Before you begin your application, you must complete the necessary security questions given. These questions have been introduced for your added security while you are online. The information you provide will be required in the event that you choose to save your Visa Application and need to return later. Enter your E-mail Address, Confirm your E-mail Address and Enter Security Code Shown in Image on the screen. Click on ‘Next’ to move onto the application form.
Step 4: Fill in the application form by stating the following details:
- Current Location (Country)
- Upload a photograph of yourself of 45x35mm in JPEG format. Maximum file size is 300 kb.
- First Name of the applicant (as in passport)
- Last name of the applicant (as in passport)
- First name which is to be printed on the Visa
- Last name which is to be printed on the Visa
- Permanent Address
- Contact Number at permanent address
- Address in Bangladesh
- Contact Number in Bangladesh
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Birth Country
- Present Nationality
- Nationality at Birth
- Marital Status (Married, divorced, unmarried or other). Please specify if ‘Other’
- Organization you work for (eg. WHO, UNICEF, UNESCO etc.). In the event that your organization is not listed, select ‘Other’ and please specify in the space given.
- Specify the Type of Visa Enrollment you require (new visa application, visa extension application, visa on arrival or no visa required)
- Your Login ID and Password will be generated at this step. Make a note of this for future reference or in the event that you wish to continue the application at a later time.
- Passport No.
- Passport Type (ordinary, diplomatic, other etc.)
- Passport Type if you had entered ‘Other’
- Place of Issue of passport
- Date of Issue of passport
- Date of Expiry of passport
- State whether you have visited Bangladesh previously. If yes, state the following details:
- Date of last visit to Bangladesh
- Last Visa Number
- Last Visa Issue Date
- Last Visa Date of Expiry
- Place of Issue of previous visa
- Type of Visa held previously
- Enter your payment information such as:
- Name of the Bank
- Name of the Branch of Bank
- Payment Mode by means of Cheque, Bank Transfer, Chalan or Scroll No.
- Payment Currency (such as INR, USD etc.)
- Amount Deposited (here it is zero, as there are no visa fees for Indians)
- Payment Date
- State the purpose of your Visit
- Specify Other Purpose, if not available in the drop down menu
- Mention the duration of Proposed stay in Bangladesh
- State the tentative Date of Arrival in Bangladesh
- Intended Number of Entries you require
- Select from which Bangladesh Visa Office you want to take the Visa
Step 5: Mark all the documents you have ready in the checklist. Once you check the summary of your application, you need to sign a declaration stating that the statement given above is true and you will not request for a refund of my paid visa fee even in the event that the application is declined.
Step 6: Take a printout of the completed application form and sign it. Then submit it along with all the documents to the selected Bangladesh Embassy. You will have also received a confirmation email to your registered email ID.
Bangladesh visa status tracking
To track your Bangladesh visa application, visit the URL https://www.visa.gov.bd/ViewStatus.aspx . You will be redirected to a tracking page once you click this button. Here you have to enter the application reference number (found on the receipt), your password and the verification code shown on the screen. The screen will then display your Bangladesh visa application status.
After your Bangladesh Visa application is approved, you may collect your passport from the respective embassy or office. You must collect your passport yourself. Please ensure you bring the receipt issued to you on the day of your appointment, during collection of passport.
The documents or passport of the applicant will not be handed over to third parties, except in the event that the following people go to collect it:
- Immediate Family Member such as Parents, Children or Spouse of the applicant
- A person collecting the passport on behalf of Government officials, if so mentioned on the Government letter head.
- Red Carpet Representatives of the applicant, if authorized on the Company’s letter head
In the event that any of the above people come to collect the passport, they need to carry any of the following documents:
- Original Government ID card
- Original Identity Proof
- Original authorization letter from applicant
- For Tourist visa, the time taken is 2 working days.
- For Business visa, the time taken is 2 working, same as tourist visa.
- For Work permit Visa, the time taken is 3-4 days, varies.
Bangladesh High commission in India
High Commission for the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
E P- 39, Diplomatic Enclave,
Dr. S. RadhaKrishnan Marg, Chanakyapuri,
New Delhi – 110 021
Tel : 011- 2412 1389 – 94
Fax : 011- 2687 8953
Office Timings : Mon to Fri, 0900 to 1700 hrs
Visa Timings : 0930 to 1100 hrs
Collection Timings: 1630 to 1700 hrs
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Deputy High Commission for the People’s Republic of Bangladesh in Kolkata
9, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Sarani,
Kolkata – 700 017
Tel : 033- 4012 7500, 2290 0341
Fax : 033- 4012 7555
Office Timings : Mon to Fri, 0900 to 1700 hrs
Visa Timings : 0900 to 1100 hrs
Collection Timings : 1630 to 1700 hrs
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy High Commission for the People’s Republic of Bangladesh in Mumbai
Jolly Maker Bunglow No. 08, Cuffe Parade,
Tel : 022- 6657 4329
Fax : 022- 6657 4327
Office Timings: Mon to Fri, 0900 to 1700 hrs
Visa Timings: 0930 to 1100 hrs
Collection Timings: 1630 to 1700 hrs
Territory: Visa is handled for Maharashtra, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Goa, Union Territories of Puducherry, Daman and Diu.
Kunjaban, Near Circuit House,
Agartala – 799 001
Tel : 0381- 232 4807, 222 5260
Fax : 0381- 232 4807
Office Timings: Mon to Fri, 0830 to 1300 hrs and 1400 to 1630 hrs
Visa Timings: 0830 to 1630 hrs
Collection Timings: 1530 to 1630 hrs
Email : email@example.com