If you lost pan card and not sure what to do, Itzeazy has got you covered. What to do if I lost my pan card and I don’t know the number? will be discussed in this article. Along with the procedure for how to get pan card number if lost? How can I get my pan card reissue?
Lost pan card, the procedure to apply? How to apply for a duplicate pan card? So, keep reading.
PAN applicants can now apply online for a duplicate pan card or Reprint of PAN card (only when there is no change required in data) by clicking the following link Online NSDLPAN holders whose latest PAN application was processed through NSDL e-Gov and/ or e-filing portal of Income Tax Department can use this facility. Option for an update of PAN details will not be available through this facility.
I lost my pan card and I don’t know the number
In case of “I lost my pan card and I don’t know the number” No, need to worry you just have to reissue your pan card. Follow these simple steps for how to get pan card number if lost (reissue pan card).
- Step 1- Visit the TIN NSDL online portal
- Step 2- Select ‘PAN’ from the ‘Services’ menu bar
- Step 3 – Under ‘Reprint of PAN Card,’ click ‘Apply.’
- Step 4 – Enter the details hit the ‘Submit’ button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Step 5 – When the application is successfully submitted, an acknowledgement number is provided, which allows the application to be tracked.
That’s all about I lost my pan card and I don’t know the number, what to do? So, even if you don’t know the number, this is how you can retrieve your lost pan card. Just apply for pan card reissue.
How to get pan card number if lost
How to get Lost Pan Card Online
If you find yourself in the situation of “I lost my pan card and I don’t know the number” All you have to do is apply for pan card reissue. Here’s how to get pan card number if lost:
- Firstly, visit TIN-NSDL onlineservices.nsdl and select the application type as “Changes or correction in existing PAN data/ Reprint of PAN card (No changes in existing PAN data)”.
- Secondly, fill in the information marked as mandatory and then submit it.
- Thirdly, you will receive a generated token number in your email-id provided by you on the previous page.
Note that token number for future reference and continue with the application filing.
- Fourthly, select any one of the following modes of submission of your PAN application form.
1. Forward application documents physically :
Print the acknowledgement form generated after payment with the copies of documents required and sent by the registered post to the PAN services unit of NSDL .
2. Submit digitally through e-KYC & e-sign (Paperless) :
- This option requires the use of Aadhaar.
- All of the information from your Aadhaar card should be used solely in the duplicate PAN card application.
- An OTP will be sent to the Aadhaar registered number to verify the information provided.
- You are not required to upload any photos, signatures, or other documents.
- You will require to give your digital signature (DSC)to e-sign the form while submitting the final form through this option.
3. Submit scanned images through e-sign :
For this option, Aadhaar is mandatory but you will have to upload scan images of photograph, signature and other documents.
Only an OTP will authenticate the application form.
Fifthly, you have to select whether you need a physical PAN card or an e-PAN card.
If you select an e-PAN card, then you have to provide a valid email id.
The email-id provided will receive the digitally signed e-PAN card.
Sixthly, fill details in the “Contact & other details” and also the “document details” page and submit the application.
Seventhly, the site will direct you to the payment page and on completing the payment and generate a 15 digits acknowledgement number.
Furthermore, you can check the status of your duplicate PAN card using the 15 digits acknowledgement number generated. StatusTrack.
Finally, when the ITD receives the application<
The authorities will dispatch a duplicate PAN card within 2 weeks
This is where I’ll bring the discussion to a close. “I lost my pan card and I don’t know the number what to do as well as how to get pan card number if lost?”
Application Form : Duplicate PAN Card
Use form Request-for-New-PAN-Card-or-and-Changes-or-Correction-in-PAN-Data-Form for a reprint of PAN card or for making changes/correction in PAN data.
Fees: Lost Pan Card
Request for Reprint of PAN card submitted through the separate online link
Check out the previous section if you are in a situation – lost my pan card and I don’t know the number
- Dispatch of a physical PAN Card in India (Communication address is an Indian address) – 52 rupees
- Physical PAN Card dispatch outside India (when communication address is a foreign address) – 959 rupees
The application of a duplicate pan card should be used when PAN has already been allotted to the applicant but the applicant requires a PAN card. Therefore the Income Tax Department will issue a new PAN card bearing the same PAN details to the applicant.
When do you need a duplicate PAN Card?
A duplicate pan card is needed in any one of the following situations:
- Misplaced or theft
- Damaged PAN card
- change in name or address
You are facing the situatiion of I lost my pan card and I don’t know the number. You want to apply for lost pan card offline, here is a step-by-step guide to help you.
How to get duplicate PAN card offline
- Firstly, download and print the “Request for new PAN Card or/ and Changes or Correction in PAN Data” form.
- Secondly, fill the application form in block letters.
- Thirdly, attach 2 passport size photograph with signature. Do not sign on the passport size photograph
- Fourthly, send the application along with the payment, proof of identity, proof of address and proof of PAN to the NSDL facilitation centre.
- After receiving payment print the generated acknowledgement form containing 15 digit number
- Fifthly, the facilitation centre then sends your application to the Income-tax PAN services unit for further action.
- Sixthly, you can check the status of your duplicate PAN card using the 15 digit acknowledgement number generated. By clicking on StatusTrack
- Finally, when the department receives the application, they will dispatch the duplicate PAN card within 2 weeks
What should you do in these circumstances? If I lost my pan card and I don’t know the number, how to get pan card number if lost, lost pan card? Just apply for pan card reissue. However, there are a few points you should keep in mind.
Points to note: Pan card reissue online
There is no requirement of submitting an application form along with supporting documents for processing this PAN card reprint request.
Read the guidelines below to know more.
- For Changes or Corrections in PAN data, fill all mandatory fields (marked with *) of the Form
and select the corresponding box on the left margin of the appropriate field for required correction.
- If the application for issuance of duplicate PAN card without any changes in PAN related data of the applicant,
fill all fields in the Form but do not select any box on the left margin.
- In case of either a request for Change or Correction in PAN data or a request for re-issuance of a PAN Card without any changes in PAN data,
the ITD database will update the address for communication using the address for communication provided in the application.
As above discussed What to do if I lost my pan card and I don’t know the number? How to get pan card number if lost? How can I get my pan card reissue? Lost pan card, the procedure to apply? How to apply for a duplicate pan card?
In conclusion, the Duplicate pan card is a permanent account number with the same details as your previous PAN.
If you find yourself in the situation of – “I lost my pan card and I don’t know the number,” then just apply for pan card reissue. The procedure for how to get pan card number if lost has been mentioned above
The process includes submitting a duly filled form. With the required documents. Followed by payment of fees which generates the 15 digits acknowledgement number. Print out the receipt and acknowledgement receipt and then send the form along with documents and passport size photographs to the ITD- PAn department.
After approval of the application, the authority will dispatch the duplicate PAN card either by post or mail. Depending on the PAN card you have chosen.
Here I will wrap up the topic- What to do if I lost my pan card and I don’t know the number? How to get pan card number if lost? How can I get my pan card reissue? Lost pan card, the procedure to apply? How to apply for a duplicate pan card?
PAN. (n.d.). Retrieved September 26, 2020, from https://www.tin-nsdl.com/service/
(n.d.) retrieved September 27, 2020, from https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/
(n.d.) retrieved September 26, 2020, from https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/