In today’s article, we will discuss the fine for driving without insurance. According to the Motor Vehicle Act 2019, it’s far compulsory for a vehicle owner to take an insurance policy for his vehicle. A vehicle insurance policy protects you from financial dangers like accidents, robbery, or damages.
Therefore, you should purchase insurance to protect your vehicle against financial losses. But if you do not have insurance for your vehicle then you may liable for the fine for driving without insurance. Let’s begin with fine for driving without insurance
Fine for driving without insurance
If you’re stuck using without having motor insurance, you need to pay fine for driving without insurance. According to Indian law, a fine of Rs.2,000 may be incurred and imprisonment of up to 3 months. As in keeping with the old provision, Rs.1,000 becomes fine for driving without insurance.
For the second offence, a penalty of Rs.4,000 may be imposed. Alongside imprisonment of up to 3 months as in keeping with the discretion of law. Thus, all vehicles are without an insurance policy. They are subject to fine.
Other traffic fines for a different violation
Following all are the fines other than the fine for driving without an insurance policy:
1. Driving without a license
For driving, without a license, there is a fine of Rs. 5000 and/or community service.
2. Driving under the influence of an intoxicating substance
Fine for driving under the influence of an intoxicating substance is Rs. 10000 and/or 6months prison. But if Rs. 15000 and/or 2 years jail for repeating the violation.
3. Driving without a seat belt
Fine for driving without a seat belt Rs. 2000 and/or 3 months prison, community service. But if repeat the violation Rs. 4000.
4. Violating Road Regulations
For violating road regulations fine is between Rs. 500- ₹1000.
5. Dangerous Driving/Riding and Jumping Red Light
For the dangerous driving/ Riding and Jumping Red light fine is Rs. 1,000- ₹5,000 and/or 6-months to 1 year in jail, license seizure
6. Driving/Riding While on the Mobile Phone
Fine for the driving /riding while on the mobile phone is Rs. 5,000.
For knowing more about fine for driving without insurance read the full article.
7. Speeding, Racing
For the speeding, the racing fine is Rs. 5,000 and/or 3-months prison, community service. But if repeated the speeding, racing violation fines Rs. 10000 and up to 1 year in prison and community service.
8. Not Giving Way to Emergency Vehicles such as Ambulances, Fire Engines, etc.
Fine for not giving way to emergency vehicles such as ambulances, fire engines, etc Rs. 10,000 and/or community service.
9. Riding without Helmet
Fine for the riding without helmet Rs.1000, and or license disqualification, community service for 3-months
10. Overloading Two-Wheelers
For the overloading two-wheelers fine Rs. 2,000 and license disqualification and/or 3-months community service
11. Juvenile Offences
Fine for juvenile offences Rs. 25,000 with 3-years jail, cancellation of registration for 1-year, juvenile ineligible for the license unless of 25 years of age.
12. Driving/Riding Despite Disqualification
Fine for the driving /riding despite disqualification Rs.10,000, and/or community service.
13. Overboard Passengers
For the overboard passenger’s fine Rs. 200 for per extra passenger and/or community service.
For knowing more about the fine for driving without insurance read the full article.
14. Fine for Driving without a Ticket
Fine for the driving without ticket Rs. 500.
15. Fine for Offense Committed by Enforcing Authorities Such as Offering Bribes
For this type of violation, there is twice the penalty (varies according to traffic rules violated).
16. Fine for Unauthorized Use of Vehicles Without Licence
Fine for the unauthorized use of vehicles without license Rs. 1,000- 5,000.
17. Fine for Disobedience of Orders of the Authorities
For the disobedience of orders of the authorities fine Rs. 2,000.
18. Fine for Vehicles without Permit
Fine for vehicles without permit Rs. 10,000 and/or up to 6-months of prison, community service.
19. Fine for Oversized Vehicles
Fine for the oversized vehicles Rs. 5,000 to 10,000 and/or community service.
For the overladig fine is Rs. 20,000 + Rs. 2,000 for per extra tonne and/or community service.
21. Fine for Driving without Licence
Fine for the driving without license Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 1,00,000
22. Fine for Driving without Registration
For the driving without registration fine is Rs. 5,000. But if Rs. 10,000 for a repeat offense
23. Fine for Using Horn in Silent Zone
Fine for the using horn in silent zone Rs. 2,000. But if Rs 4,000 for a repeat offense.
Consequences of Driving without an Insurance
In case you’re stuck using without insurance via way of means of the traffic police. You’ll be requested to give your vehicle document like your user license and registration certificate. A challan may be issued via way of means of the traffic police officer which may be paid each online and offline.
To pay the fine online, follow the given steps:
1. Go to the official website of your state’s transport department.
2. Now, visit the traffic violation payment or e-challan section.
3. Provide required information concerning the traffic violation including challan
number, vehicle number, etc.
4. After you fill in withinside the information, input the captcha code.
5. You pays the fine via digital wallets, credit card, or debit card.
6. Lastly, you may acquire a receipt alongside a confirmation message.
To make the fee offline, go to your nearest traffic police station.
Tips to keep away from the Traffic Violations and Fines
For Car Owners & Drivers
- Ensure you and the individual to your front passenger seat are wearing a seatbelt.
- Ensure you`re carrying your driver`s license with you. If you best have a learner`s license, make certain a person with a legitimate license is seated with you withinside the passenger seat.
- Always drive within the speed limit and don`t get too filmy, racing round in town.
- Always give way for emergency vehicles such as ambulances, police cars, fire engines, etc.
- Even though a soft copy is sufficient, it`s continually higher to hold a bodily copy of your vehicle insurance in the dashboard. Additionally, continually take a look at your vehicle insurance expiry date and ensure you renew it maximum, one to 2 days earlier than its expiry.
For Two-Wheeler Owners & Riders
- Always make sure you and your pillion rider have a helmet on.
- If you only have a learner`s license. At least ensure a person with a legitimate two-wheeler license is seated at the back of you.
- Avoid using withinside the incorrect lane and comply with street rules together with by no means moving over the speed limit.
- Always give way for emergency vehicles such as ambulances, fire engines, and police cars.
In the above article we have discussed fine for driving without insurance.