Do you want to know how to change date of birth in Passport? Go through with this blog for complete information about how to change passport date of birth.
It is extremely rare for the passport issuing authority to print incorrect information, but if this occurs, the applicant can contact the passport office and request a correction in date of birth. After the passport is issued, the applicant may discover that the date of birth he or she submitted is incorrect. If the applicant provides incorrect information, a cost of Rs. 500 will be levied for the issuance of a new passport with the correct Date of Birth. Then you need to go through with the procedures for how to change date of birth in Passport.
Date of Birth in Passport can be amended under these conditions:
You need to follow some conditions for how to change passport date of birth.
- If you request a change of date of birth in your passport within 5 years of the date the passport was issued.
- If a minor holds a passport with the incorrect date of birth, he or she can request for a passport rectification after reaching the age of majority (18 years). The 5-year rule does not apply in such cases.
What are the documents required?
The following are the documents that you need for how to change date of birth in Passport.
- Birth Certificate issued by a municipal body or Registrar of Births and Deaths district office.
- Date of Birth certificate from the applicant’s most recent school or any other approved educational institution.
- Illiterate or semi-illiterate candidates must submit an affidavit sworn before a Magistrate/Notary stating their date of birth.
The format of the affidavit for how to change date of birth in Passport:
I Mr. ………………………. S/o ………………………………… aged about ____________ years, residing at……………………………….,do hereby solemnly affirm and state:
That my recorded name in school and college is ______________(YOURNAME), but I myself popularly known as _________________(New name).That after the completion of my studies I want to start a business in IT Sector. From the numerology point of view; I came to a conclusion that the business in my nickname as in the name of NICKNAME will helpful for my endeavours. By virtue of this affidavit, I changed my name from YOURNAME (old name) to CHOSEN NAME (new name) and henceforth I shall be known as the CHOSEN NAME (new name) for all purposes. That the facts stated above are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Certified that the above-named deponent being identified by ______________ (ADVOCATE NAME), do hereby solemnly affirm his knowledge and belief.
Notary Public, City Name
A passport can be updated with information for how to change date of birth in passport other than this, such as the name of a spouse, a change of address, and so on. However, in most circumstances, you will need to apply for a passport reissue.
How to change Date of Birth in Passport?
In India, how to change date of birth in passport is a reasonably simple process. In the application form, you must give your correct date of birth and provide proof of date of birth.
- The following documents which are needed as proof of date of birth:
- Birth Certificate issued by a local authority
- The Registrar of Births and Deaths office, or another recognized authority. It is necessary for applicants born on or after January 26, 1989, to provide this proof.
- In the case of an illiterate or semi-illiterate applicant, an affidavit from a Magistrate or Notary certifying the date of birth.
- It should be noted that a School Certificate with the date of birth on it is not legitimate documented proof.
- When you submit the required documentation, the authorities in India will update the date of birth in your passport and issue you a new one.
- To avoid such situations in the future, make sure you provide accurate information to the passport officer.
This procedure you must follow for how to change passport date of birth.
How to Change Passport Date of Birth?
- Register your account at https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink.
- Login your ID or Create a new ID if you do not have.
- You need to click on the passport type and fill out the form with all of your information.
- Then click on the next button to make an appointment with the passport office.
- Then, Select View saved/submitted applications.
- Select the application form and pay the appointment booking fees.
- Take a print of the paid-fee receipt.
This is the procedure for Offline and online of how to change passport date of birth.
I hope all the information provided is clear about the how to change passport date of birth is clear. But still if you have any doubts regarding this you can mention that in the comment box.