If you have misplaced your driving licence or it has been mutilated, destroyed, or torn, you can apply for a duplicate driving licence in Chennai. The mention of a duplicate driving license might have led you to have some questions such as how to apply for a duplicate driving licence in Chennai, what documents are needed, etc.
In a few instances, while the Original DL is misplaced or damaged, you want to Apply for Duplicate Driving License in Chennai. In this article, we included the Process of Applying for a Duplicate Driving Licence in Chennai.
Apply for a duplicate driving licence in Chennai
To apply for a duplicate driving licence in Chennai
- To apply for a duplicate driving licence in Chennai, you should visit the Sarthi Parivahan website. Go to the driving licence section of the website.
- Please choose “Online Services” from the menu and click on “Driver License Related Services”.
- You can be taken to a brand new display in which you need to choose “Tamil Nadu” withinside the drop down menu against “Please choose the State from in which the carrier is to be taken”.
- You will find “Services on DL(Renewal/Duplicate/AEDL/IDP/Other)” on this page.
- After submitting an application for duplicate driving licence in Chennai; click on continue.
- After that, you must enter your driver’s licence number and date of birth. After filling out the required information, click Get DL Details, then select your driver’s licence and click Proceed.
- Then choose your state and RTO. When you click on Proceed Now, your driving licence information will be displayed. Click “Confirm” if all of the information is correct.
- When the next page loads, you’ll be asked to choose from a number of options. Select “Issue of Duplicate DL” and click “Proceed”
- On the following page, you will be asked to explain why you are requesting a duplicate driver’s licence. Specify your reason
- Then, after downloading the pre-filled Application Form and Acknowledgement, make an online payment.
- After that, take the application fee payment receipt and the prefilled Application Form to your RTO office.
After you have done the Submission of the Receipt and Form there. Your duplicate driver’s licence will arrive in a few days, or you can pick it up from the office.
Offline Procedure to Get Duplicate Driving licence
Applying for a Duplicate Driving Licence in Chennai offline is simpler than online in case you live near the RTO that issued your unique Driving Licence. Check the steps given and get your duplicate Driving Licence from the Chennai RTO.
- Visit the RTO where your driving licence is issued to apply for a duplicate driving licence in Chennai.
- Fill out the Form LLD that is for the duplicate driving licence.
- Fill the details correctly
- Submit the details and add all required files withinside the preceding sections. Additional files may have to be submitted in case of any clarification.
- You could be required to pay a required charge for purchasing your duplicate driving licence.
- Once that is done, you may get a receipt which can be use for your duplicate driving licence in Chennai until you get a licence.
- The duplicate driving licence could be provided in your registered domestic post.
Documents Required for Duplicate Driving License
The very first thing that you have to do is to ensure that you have the all required documents for a duplicate driver’s license in Chennai for applying online for getting a duplicate Driving licence in Chennai.
Here are the necessary documents required for getting a duplicate driving licence in Chennai.
- Application and Purpose for Losing or Destroying Driver’s License in LLD
- Copy of Adhar
- Driver’s license details
- Police certificate (in case of theft). Police certificate obtained from the online portal of the police agency. Click here to download the certificate
- Passport size 2 copies
- The original license must be submitted if a duplicate driving licence in Chennai is requested on the basis of mutilation, tampering or damage.
- Photo ID and proof of residency are required. (Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Passport, etc. can be used for this purpose.)
The term of your duplicate driver’s license will be the same as the value of your original driver’s license. Remember that you do not renew or correct your license by requesting a copy of your driver’s license.
The information on your duplicate driving licence in Chennai will be the same as on your original license. In Chennai, you can get a duplicate driving licence online or by approaching a nearby RTO.
You have to submit the necessary documents for that. Hope you all got the information about the process for getting a duplicate Driving License in Chennai.