Ethiopia visa for Indian can be for two purposes – Tourism or Business. Indians have the facility of visa on arrival for visit purposes in Ethiopia. In this blog, we will discuss topics Ethiopia visa fees for Indian, Ethiopia visa for Indians, Ethiopia visa on arrival and Ethiopia visa requirements.
Tourist Visa to Ethiopia
Tourist Ethiopia visa for Indians which can be issued on arrival only at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport in Ethiopia.
A tourist visa can also be obtained electronically as a single-entry visa. Visitors intending to visit Ethiopia for tourism purposes must obtain a tourist visa from the Ethiopian government. Staying in Ethiopia after the visa’s validity period has been severely restricted.
Ethiopia Business Visa
The different types of Business Visas are as follows:
- Conference visa
- Investment Visa
- A foreign business firm employment visa
- Private Firm Visa
- International organizations/embassies work visa
In the further section, we will discuss Ethiopia visa fees for Indian, Ethiopia visa for Indians, Ethiopia visa on arrival and Ethiopia visa requirements. Let’s take a look at the validity of an Ethiopia Visa.
Validity of an Ethiopian Visa
Here is the validity for the Ethiopia visa on arrival/ Ethiopia visa for Indians.
- A single-entry tourist visa is valid for up to 90 days.
- The conference visa is valid for 30 days single entry visa.
- The Validity of the Investment Visa can range from 30 days, 60 days, 3 months, 6 months and 12 months.
- The validity of the foreign business firm employment visa is for 30 days.
- The validity of the international organizations/embassies in Ethiopia is valid for one month.
- The Validity of the Ethiopian Private Firm Visa is for a total period of 30 days.
That’s all regarding validity for the Ethiopia visa on arrival/ Ethiopia visa for Indians. In the next section, we will take a look at Ethiopia visa fees for Indian along with Ethiopia visa requirements.
Ethiopia visa fees for Indian
So In this section, we will discuss the fees for Ethiopia visa on arrival/ Ethiopia visa for Indians. So, let’s begin with Ethiopia visa fees for Indian.
Tourist Visa –
- Single Entry Visa valid for 30 days- fee is USD 52
- Single Entry Visa valid for 90 days- fee is USD 72
Business Visa –
- Investment Visa:
- For 30 days of Single-Entry Visa, the visa fee is USD 32.
- For 3 months of Multiple-Entry Visa, the visa fee is USD 42.
- For 6 months of Multiple-Entry Visa, the visa fee is USD 62.
- For 12 months of Multiple-Entry Visa, the visa fee is USD 122.
- Conference Visa: The conference visa application fee is USD 32.
- Foreign Business Firm Employment Visa: Single Entry Visa for one month costs USD 42
- International organizations/embassies work visa: For Single Entry Visa for one month, the fee is USD 52.
- Ethiopian Private Firm Visa: Single Entry Visa for one month costs USD 32.
Processing time for Ethiopia visa on arrival
The processing time for all types of Ethiopia visa for Indians is 3 working days under normal circumstances. Keeping this in mind, travellers should apply for an Ethiopia visa at least three days before their expected arrival date in Ethiopia.
So, that’s all about Ethiopia visa on arrival processing time. In the previous section, we discussed Ethiopia visa fees for Indian. Now, let’s talk about Ethiopia visa requirements.
Ethiopia visa requirements
Here are the Ethiopia visa requirements
- The covering letter issued from the applicant’s organization in India.
- Duly filled in visa form
- Passport-size color photograph
- A copy of the Return Air-ticket to India
- A copy of the Yellow fever vaccination certificate
- A copy of the OPV Polio Vaccination Certificate
- Proof of accommodation
- If you will be visiting friends or relatives in Ethiopia, an invitation/sponsorship letter must be submitted
- Proof of financial means
- Original Indian passport having a validity of at least 6 months after the end of the planned journey and departure from Ethiopia. The passport must have at least 2 blank pages at the end and must be less than 10 years old.
Documents for Ethiopia on-arrival tourist visa –
The on-arrival visa is only issued for tourism purposes. Only a one-month single entry visa will be issued to Indians.
- A copy of the return air ticket.
- Proof of accommodation such as Hotel booking in Ethiopia.
- Certificates showing vaccinations for yellow fever and oral polio.
- Office Hours of the Ethiopian Embassy are 9 a.m. to 5: 30 p.m. Please ensure you visit only during these hours to get an Ethiopia visa for Indians.
- Indian nationals must pay the visa fee in Indian rupees by bank draft to the Embassy. All applicants can pay the Ethiopia visa fees for Indian by bank draft (DD) favouring the EMBASSY OF ETHIOPIA.
- The Visa form is completely online and must be submitted there along with the Ethiopia visa requirements.
Attestation of documents for obtaining an Ethiopian visa
- All documents for Ethiopia visa fees for Indian, should be attested by the MEA Government of India. For this process, you should all be presented to the Embassy.
- After pre-attestation by an authorized Indian Chamber of Commerce, commercial documents are usually attested by the MEA.
- Applicants must also get their educational certificate attested by the MEA subject to pre-attestation by the Education Cell of the Ministry of the HRD of the Govt. of India of the respective States of India in which they reside. A copy of their Passport is required during attestation.
- It is required by the Embassy for one photocopy (both front and back-showing MEA attestation) along with the original documents to be attested.
- Applicants need to submit a covering letter from the company/individual requesting attestation to get Ethiopia visa fees for Indian.
- The attestation fee is Rs 5040/- for each page of the educational/marriage/birth certificate document and Rs. 5390/- per page for commercial documents. Indian nationals can pay this fee by bank draft favoring the EMBASSY OF ETHIOPIA payable at New Delhi.
- Timings for submission of documents: 10 a.m. to 12 noon. Collection timings: next working day at 5 p.m.
In the previous section, we discussed Ethiopia visa fees for Indian, Validity for Ethiopia visa for Indians, Processing time for Ethiopia visa on arrival and Ethiopia visa requirements. Now, we will take a look at how to get Ethiopia visa for Indians.
Ethiopia visa for Indians
Here is the step procedure for Ethiopia visa for Indians.
Step 1: Visit the link https://www.evisa.gov.et/#/apply/start to start an online application for your Visa. On this site, you will be asked to choose your type (tourist or business) and subtype (conference, investment etc.) from the visa categories. Then select your nationality and enter the verification code.
Step 2: Fill out the form and upload a file of your passport and a passport-sized photograph.
Step 3: Then you will be shown all the details you have entered for review. Once you have checked it, click on ‘Confirm and proceed to payment’.
After submitting your Ethiopia visa on arrival/Ethiopia visa for Indians details and paying the fee, you can track the status of your visa by following the link https://www.evisa.gov.et/#/status .
There you will have to enter your Passport number and Reference number (given to you while applying for a visa). Your visa status will then be displayed on the screen.
When the government officials process and approve your e-Visa application, an approval letter will be sent to your designated email address.
What is the normal processing time for an Ethiopian e-visa?
- During normal days Ethiopia visa for Indians takes about 2-3 days.
Is it compulsory for Indian tourists to have a visa for Ethiopia?
- Yes, it is compulsory to have a visa for all tourists all across the world. Check out the Ethiopia visa requirements mentioned above.
How will I know whether my e-visa got approved or not?
– You will receive your approval letter through your email id which was given earlier during your visa application.
To check the status of my E-visa, can I contact any Ethiopian embassy?
– No, in such a case kindly recheck your e-visa status online and once it’s approved you will directly receive the confirmation through your mail.
If my application is rejected, will I get a refund?
– Unfortunately, as per the terms and conditions it was stated earlier that if an application is rejected, then its fees are not refundable.
Do Indians require a visa to enter Ethiopia?
Every traveler who wishes to visit Ethiopia must apply for an Ethiopian e-Visa.
How long can an Indian stay in Ethiopia
You can stay for a total of 30 days. Keep in mind that this visa is not valid for employment or paid work
That’s all regarding Ethiopia visa fees for Indian, Validity for Ethiopia visa for Indians, the Processing time for Ethiopia visa on arrival, and Ethiopia visa requirements.