Hungary visa from India is nothing but a Schengen visa. Here you can learn how to get to Hungary visa for Indians. Hungary is a Schengen state, along with 25 other countries. All these countries are part of the European Union. These countries are unique as they have abolished passports and all other types of border control at their mutual borders. A holder of a Schengen visa, granted by any of the Schengen Area member countries, is eligible for free movement within the entire Schengen Zone, within the validity and period limitations of the visa. For each type of Hungary visa issued by the embassy of Hungary, there are different restrictions that apply to the particular visa in terms of traveling and length of stay in the country.
Hungary Visa for Indians
There are various types of Hungary visa for Indians as per the purpose of applying. you can avail these visas for tourism, work, study related purposes. It is classified as:
Hungary Tourist visa
is granted to people who wish to enter a foreign country for tourism, travel, and leisure purposes. Visitors are allowed to stay for a fixed amount of time. These visas do not permit the holder to work or engage in any business activities in the host country. A Hungary Tourist Visa is granted to those travelers who are looking to visit Hungary for the sole purpose of tourism, for a period of fewer than 90 days.
Hungary Business visa
A Hungary business visa allows the holder to travel to another country and conduct business. The person must not, however, join the labour force of that country, either temporarily or permanently. Visitors must demonstrate that they are not paid by the country.
Hungary visa requirements for Indians
The following documents are required for both types of Hungary Visa :
- Travel document– The passport of the applicant must be valid for at least three months after the intended departure from Hungary. It must have at least two blank pages and have been published within the last ten years. There should be no notations on the front data page of the passport.
- Application form– The applicant must submit a completed application form. Applicants must note that any incomplete information or false statement in the application could result in a delay in processing or rejection of the application. The application form has to be filled out in the English language only.
- Photograph– Applicants require one recent original passport-size color photograph with a white background. The photograph should not be more than six months old.
- Covering letter– The applicant must submit a covering letter to the centre, with details such as the applicant introducing himself/herself, explaining the purpose of visit, duration &schedule of the visit in brief.
- Travel Medical Insurance– To cover all possible expenses in connection with a return to India for health reasons, death, essential medical treatment or serious hospitalization during their stay in Hungary, applicants must hold a valid travel insurance policy while traveling. The minimum policy coverage should be 30,000 Euro and this insurance policy must cover all Schengen countries. The insurance policy must be valid for the entire duration of the applicant’s intended stay in Hungary. The applicant may shorten the validity of the visa if their insurance policy does not cover the entire duration of the stay in Hungary.
- Means of Transport – Applicants needs their flight reservation of return or round ticket. Proof of flight reservation between the different countries, train schedule, or car rental receipt is required, if the applicant wishes to travel to the multiple Schengen States. Please note that the tickets do not have to be paid for, only the booking receipt needs to be submitted.
- Lodging – The applicant’s hotel reservations, receipt of renting a holiday home or campus residence reservation is required as proof. Proof of sponsorship and private accommodation from the host is required if the applicant intends to stay with a family member or a friend in Hungary. If an applicant wishes to travel to the several Schengen States, proof of lodging in each of them is required.
- Financial means– The applicant’s original bank statement showing their transactions in the last three months, stamped and signed by the bank authority, or Indian income tax return statement acknowledging returns for the last two assessment years are required. The bank account should be in the name of the applicant or the sponsor of the trip. In case of the applicant is sponsored, the bank statement should be accompanied by a signed sponsorship letter and a signed copy of the sponsor’s passport.
In addition, if the applicant is employed
- Current employment contract
- Copy of current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from current employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary from the applicant
If the applicant is a company owner or self-employed
- A copy of their business license
- Copy of the company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR) of the company
If the applicant is retired:
- Pension statement for the previous 6 months
- Proof of regular income received from property or rent for the last 6 months (if any)
- Minor Applicant
- If the minor is traveling with only one parent written consent certified by a public notary of the other parent or guardian is required. This is not for cases where the parent has sole custody or guardianship of the minor.
- If the minor is traveling alone, without a legal guardian, written consent signed by a public notary from either the parents or guardians is required. Additionally, copies of the passport of parents are required. You must submit the birth certificate of the applicant and copies of the Identity proof of the parents.
- Both parents or legal guardians of the minor must accompany them to the Visa Office, to sign the application form in front of a VFS officer. In cases where the child is traveling with one parent to visit the other parent who is residing in Hungary, this clause is dropped.
- Passport Copy– All applications must enclose a full-color photocopy of the valid passport of the applicant. All the pages of the passport are required to be photocopied and attached. If the applicant any valid visas for Schengen States, USA, UK, Canada, or Australia that was issued in the last three years in an old or canceled passport, then a color photocopy of the visa pages and passport data pages are required.
Tourist Schengen Short Stay Visa
- An applicant who is sponsored, an invitation letter with the address and phone number from the family or company that is sponsoring is required.
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies of the applicant
- A certificate from the travel agency confirming the booking of an organized trip of the applicant (if any)
- Any other appropriate document indicating the travel plans of the applicant, including period and reason of visit.
- For married applicants who cannot provide evidence of marital status in the passport, a marriage certificate must be submitted. If applicable, a copy of the ration card can also be submitted.
Czech Republic Visa for Business Purposes
- Invitation letter from Hungary company application will be visiting and their complete address along with the dates of the visit
- A certificate from your employer allowing the business travel and stating the details about the trip.
- Both invitation letter, as well as a letter from the employer, must confirm the following details:
- The applicant’s identity;
- The purpose of the visit, such as meetings, conferences, training, or business-related events.
- The period and place of intended stay of the applicant, while in Hungary.
- Proof of previous trade relations between the two companies, if such events have occurred.
- Bank statement of the last 6 months of the company
- The coverage of your expenses during your stay in Hungary must be proved by either the employer or the host company who is hosting the applicant, on the letter or invitation.
- The applicant must ensure always to have valid Schengen travel insurance during their stay in Hungary. The border authorities may ask to see proof of valid insurance when you enter the Schengen Area or Hungary.
- All documents should be provided in A4 size of paper.
- If the documents not originally in English, they must be accompanied by valid English translations.
- Although the Embassy reserves the right to request the original of any document provided at any point during visa processing, please submit only photocopies of all documents. Do keep in mind to carry original documents at the time of submission at the Visa Centre.
- It must be noted that the Hungary Embassy has the right to ask for additional documents or the personal appearance of the applicant for an interview in special cases.
- The application may be rejected if the applicant submits incomplete documentation or refuses to appear for a special visa interview.
- If any of the above-mentioned documents are missing, the application will not be accepted.
Hungary visa fees
The cost for a Short Stay Hungary Visa fees for travel and business purposes is:
- Below 6 years of age- No Charge
- Children between the ages of 6 and 12 years- INR 2650
- Regular applicants- INR 4540
- Spouse or children of a European Union National – No Charge
You will be charged a service cost of INR1574/- (Inclusive of all Tax) that must be paid in cash at the Visa Application Centre.
The current exchange rate dictates the visa fee in Indian Rupees and it is subject to change without notice, as per fluctuations in the economy. All visa fees are non-refundable, regardless of whether the visa is granted or not. You must pay a convenience of INR 154 for the provision of multiple modes of payment at the service center.
How to apply for a Hungary visa
Following are the steps involved in the Hungary visa process :
- Visit the link. Click on the tab ‘Short Term Visa’ from the side list.
- Under the side tab, choose whichever type of visa you are applying for. Under each section, click on the ‘Application Form’ option.
- Choose the file that says ‘Visa Application Form’. You will be redirected to a PDF file of the form. Download this form.
- Fill in the application form by stating the following details:
- Surname at present
- Surname at birth
- First Name of the applicant
- Date of Birth, Place of Birth and Country of Birth of the applicant
- Current Nationality and nationality at birth
- Marital status
- In case of Minor applicant: fill in first name, surname, address (if different from the main applicant), and nationality of parents or legal guardians
- Type of Document held by applicant (official Passport, Ordinary Passport, Diplomatic Passport, or Service passport)
- The number on the travel document (passport number)
- The validity of travel document
- Date of Issue of travel document
- Name of Issuer of travel document
- Applicant’s home address, email address, and telephone number
- State whether the applicant is currently residing in another country
- Current occupation of the applicant and employer’s name, address, and telephone number. If the applicant is a student, mention the name and address of the educational establishment in this field.
- The main purpose of the journey (such as tourism, business, visiting friends and family, culture, sports, or other reasons)
- State of destination which the applicant wishes to visit. If multiple, member state of first entry must be mentioned
- Number of entries requested (such as single entry, double-entry or multiple entries)
- Duration of intended stay or transit
- Tick whether the applicant was issued a Schengen visa in the past three years. If yes, state the date of issuance and date of expiry of the visa.
- Tick whether the applicant’s fingerprints have been collected previously for the purpose of obtaining a Schengen Visa.
- Fill in the name and address of the inviting company/organization or person, their email ID, telephone number, and address, if any.
- Fill in how the costs are to be met and by whom in Hungary.
- The applicant must then take a printout of the filled-out application form and go to the Visa Application Centre. They must choose a centre in their application which is nearest to their residence. Applicants must keep in mind that they must bring the required supporting documents and the visa service fees to the centre.
- At the visa application centre, your picture will be taken by the service centre personnel (for all applicants). A biometrical process will then take your fingerprints. All Schengen short-stay visa applicants must appear in person at the centre to have their fingerprints recorded and their photographs were taken. The Visa Information System (VIS) will then register this information. Although this registration procedure only takes a few minutes, it identifies you with certainty as the only legal holder of the visa. Identity theft and fraud are prevented by this method. However, children younger than 12 years of age do not need to get their fingerprints recorded.
- After the staff checks the veracity of application, they will record your application information in the system. You will have to pay the fees at this point. They will then generate an acknowledgement receipt which you can use to track the status of your application.
How can we check Hungary visa status ?
After submitting the application for a Hungary visa, you can do Hungary visa application tracking by visiting the link. Next, you must click on the side tab that says ‘Track your Application’. You will be redirected to another page once you click this button. Here you have to enter the application reference number (found on the receipt) and your date of birth. The screen will then display the application status.
You may collect your passport from the respective VAC office after your visa application is approved. You must collect your passport yourself. Please ensure you bring the receipt issued to you on the day of your appointment, during the collection of your passport.
The documents or passport of the applicant will not be handed over to third parties, except if the collection is done by the following people:
- Immediate Family Member such as Parents, Children, or Spouse of the applicant
- A person collecting the passport on behalf of Government officials, if so mentioned on the Government letterhead.
- Red Carpet Representatives of the applicant, if authorized on the Company’s letterhead
If any of the above people come to collect the passport, they need to carry any of the following documents in Original :
- Government ID card
- Identity Proof
- Authorization letter from the applicant
What is the Hungary Visa processing time for Indians?
Hungary Schengen visa processing time is determined by a variety of factors, including the number of entries, the kind of visa, the volume of applications at the embassy, and so on. The permission is usually issued within 15 working days. However, in some cases, these can be extended to 30 days, and in rare circumstances, they can even be extended to 60 days. As a result, you should apply for the permit well ahead of time. The VAC does not accept applications filed less than four days before the departure date. It is recommended that you apply at least 15 days but no more than 30 days before your anticipated travel date.