Learn how to apply for minor passport online, what passport documents for minor are required? Infant passport, passport for kid, passport for minor, passports for child all come under the minor passport category in India. A passport for minor has different requirements and fees than adult passport. Itzeazy helps you with passport application for minors and passport renewal for minors. It also assists in arranging minor passport documents. You can check out the link if you want assistance. Keep reading to know about passport for kids India and the documents required for kids passport
Passports may be issued to minors at the request of their parents or legal guardians and upon presentation of the required documents. Here’s everything you need to know about passport applications for minors in India.
Features of passport for a minor
The following are some of the features of a minor passport:
- Applicants below 18 years of age are eligible for a minor passport
- It is not allowed to endorse a child’s name in the parent’s passport. Not even in the case when the baby is 1 month old. You need to apply for a fresh passport. To apply for a passport for kids India you must have the documents required for kids passport
- If one of the minor’s parents is in a foreign country, an attested copy of the minor’s passport is required for the passport application process.
- It is not mandatory for both parents to have a passport if one parent is in a foreign country.
- A minor passport is valid for 10 years no matter at what age you are applying for a passport for kid.
- When minor is living with their legal parents or guardian, he/she need to take the consent of both parents while applying for the passport and submitting documents required for kids passport.
Infant passport application for minors in India is made for minor citizens whose age is below 18 years. Applicants who are below 18 years are minors according to the Indian Government. The minor ought to have a separate passport as per the Indian passport act.
They are not allowed off the backing of his name in his father’s passport. The passport application for minor/ passport for kid 36-pages. Unlike the passport of an adult, the minor’s passport validity depends on the age of the minor.
The minor below the age of 15 gets a passport for kids India of validity 5 years. The minor between 15 to 18 years of age can get the 10 years validity passport instead of the passport that expires on turning 18.
In this article, we will explain the process for-
How to apply for minor passport online | Infant passport/Passport for minor in India, passport documents for minor, and how to get a passport for kid. Before diving into the documents required for kids passport. Here is a point that you should keep in mind.
It is important to note that—the fee associated with the passport differs according to the requirement or chosen category of the passport for kids India, which expires when the minor turns 18 years costs less amount than the passport valid for 10 years after 15 years of age. The 10 years of a passport is issued like normal passport procedure of adult.
Online Passport Application for Minor
The parents and the guardian of the child can apply passport for minor in India. This means, the parents or legal guardian can apply for the same and they are ought to give their consent for the issuance of the minor passport.
Check the list of documents required for kids passport or passport of kid. In the further section, we will discuss how to apply for minor passport online as well. So, keep reading.
Requirements for Minor Passport
Following are the requirements for passport for kids India other than documents required for kids passport to apply for an infant passport or Passport application for minors :
- Minor should be between 15 to 18 years of age of looking for 10 years validity passport
- Parents are apart but not divorced
- Parents living in abroad country
- Minors from Jammu and Kashmir, and Nagaland
- Divorced parents
- The child is of legislative government and government employee
- Parents have a valid passport with their spouse name endorsed
- Passport applied by one parent without the consent of another parent
- Legal guardian applies for a passport
- Single parents
Passport documents for minor
The passport documents for minor that need to submit to the passport office or PSK (Passport Seva Kendra) is given below
- Date of birth and address proof
- Photocopy of parent’s passport either both or one
- Parents living abroad need to submit the affidavit attested by the Indian consulate with parents in India (Annexure H)
- Standard affidavit (Annexure I)
- Bonafide letter of the college (UGC recognized)
- Adoption deed (photograph of a child attested by the court) as the documents required for kids passport
That’s all about the documents required for kids passport. Now let’s dive into the topic of how to apply for minor passport online
Apply For Minor Passport Online
As you are aware of the documents required for kids passport. Now you can apply online for an infant passport or passport for minors online. In the next section, we will discuss how to apply for minor passport online?
How to apply for minor passport online
So, here is how to apply for minor passport online. Follow the steps to apply for minor passport
The procedure for applying for a passport for Minors is similar to that of an ordinary passport in that changes occur in documents and charges.
The parents or guardians of the child can apply for a passport. Here are the steps for applying for a passport application for minors.
- Step 1: Register the applicant on the Passport Seva Website.
- Step 2: Create a login ID and password.
- Step 3: After that you have to click on apply for a new passport. One application filling page will open.
- Step 4: Enter the applicant details and fill in the application form and submit it along with the documents required for kids passport.
- Step 5: Schedule an appointment for passport for kids India nearby passport Seva Kendra
- Step 6: Once you have submitted the application form for infant passport successfully, you can make the payment. Download the application form and print out that. Take the payment receipt also.
Note: You have to do an online payment to schedule an appointment in the nearby passport Seva Kendra.
Procedure to apply for a passport for Kids India
After completing the online process you have to approach the nearby passport Seva Kendra with the necessary documents. You have to take the printout of the online application form and fee payment receipt to get a passport for kids India. Here are the further steps for passport application for minors.
- Step 1: The first step is to make an appointment for passport for kid with the nearest Passport Seva Kendra At the most opportune time when both the parents of the minor child can be present at PSK for further registration.
- Step 2: The availability of both parents is required in the event of a standard request. Don’t forget to carry your passport documents for minor
- Step 3: Physical presence of minors is required under all circumstances passports are required.
- Step 4: The passport application fee must be paid online at the time of the online application.
- Step 5: The applicant can get the exact amount of fees payable for the type of application requested by selecting the relevant parameters on the “Seva Passport” website.
Infant Passport Application for Minors Fees
The fee for the minor passport varies according to the scheme selected. It also depends on the validity of the passport and the age of the minor. There are different fee structures for fresh passports and passport renewal.
Passport application for minors | Infant Passport | Apply for Minor Passport| Passport for Kid | passport documents for minor
Now, you have learnt the procedure for how to apply for minor passport online, we will talk about fees for minor passports
Fees: Fresh passport for Kid
The following is the fee structure for a fresh passport for minor in India:
Applicant age—less than 15 yeas—passport for kids India fee is 1000 INR for normal and 3000 INR for tatkal passport charge
Applicant age—between 15 to 18 years—INR 1000 for normal passport and INR 3000 for Tatkal passport
Fee: Renewal of passport for minor
The following is the fee structure for the renewal of passport for minor in India
Passport expires and due to expire—less than 15 years—INR 1000 for normal and INR 3000 for tatkal passport application
15 years-18 years—for 5 years or till 18 years passport validity—INR 1000 for normal passport application and INR 3000 for tatkal passport application.
Apply for Minor Passport| Passport application for minors
Passport Office or Passport Seva Kendra Visit
As, in the previous section we discussed how to apply for minor passport online. After booking the slot take the passport documents for minor at the time of appointment.
You can reach 15 minutes prior to the appointment time. Minor are advised to go with their parents without waiting in line.
The biometric print of fingers and iris will be taken along with the photograph. Once a verification process is done at PSK, you will receive a receipt at the end. Keep this receipt for police verification.
When the police verification is done—it will take 30 days to get your passport for kids India and 5-7 days in case of a tatkal passport. Moreover, the passport-tracking facility is also available on the PSK website where you can track your passport application for minors.
That’s all about the topic –how to apply for minor passport online | passport for kid, passport documents for minor | documents required for kids passport