If you follow the proper steps, obtaining a driving licence in Odisha is not at all difficult. Here, it should be noted that having a car entails following traffic laws, and having a driver’s licence in Odisha entails having that sense of responsibility. To legally drive a vehicle on Odisha’s public roads, you must possess a driving licence. We have provided a thorough guide on how to obtain a driving licence in Odisha, the procedure for driving licence online apply Odisha, learners license odisha in this article.
Types Of Driving Licenses in Odisha
If you want to apply for learners license Odisha or you are going for driving licence online apply Odisha, you need to know the different types of DL in Odisha Three types of licenses are issued by RTO in Odisha.
- LEARNER’S LICENSE –
- In Odisha, the applicant is given a learner licence before being issued a permanent license.
- Prior to receiving a permanent licence, an applicant is given the opportunity to strengthen their driving skills by receiving a learner’s permit.
- It is valid for 6 months and this period can be extended if the applicant is not confident about his/her driving skills.
- PERMANENT LICENSE –
- A permanent licence in Odisha is only granted to the applicant after the learner licence period and they have met the mandatory eligibility requirements of being over 18 and passing the driving test.
- COMMERCIAL LICENSE –
- Commercial license is issued for drivers of heavy vehicles such as trucks and buses.
- The applicant must be above 18 years of age, completed education till minimum 8th std, and should be trained in either government or government-affiliated centers.
Eligibility for Getting Driving License in Odisha
One must fulfill the following criteria for driving licence online apply Odisha
- Individuals should be above 16 years of age to apply for a two-wheeler’s driving license which does not exceed 50 ccs.
- Applicants should be above 20 years of age to apply for a commercial driving license.
- A learners license Odisha before applying for a permanent license is a must. 4. After 30 days and within 180 days of a learner’s license being issued, one can apply for a permanent driving license.
Documents required for learners license in Odisha
The following is a list of the different documents needed to apply for a learners license Odisha
- Form II application,
- Form 1A medical certificate,
- Form II physical fitness declaration,
- two passport-size photos.
- Address verification.
- Age verification.
Documents Required For Driving License in Odisha
For a driving licence online apply Odisha you will need the following documents:
- Application form 4 filled
- Proof of age – Birth Certificate / Passport / School Certificate / Voter’s Id / Pan Card 3. Proof of address – Voter’s Id / Passport / Life Insurance Policy / Ration Card / Electricity or Telephone Bill
- Recent passport size photos ( 3 copies)
- Learner’s license.
- Driving School Certificate
- All documents related to the car being used for driving tests.
Learners License in Odisha
Remember that the validity of the learner’s permit is six months. After obtaining a learner’s license, the license holder can go on to driving licence online apply Odisha within 180 days from the date of receipt of the learner’s permit.
- An applicant must first visit the Odisha Motor Vehicle Department website to apply for a learners license in Odisha.
- The necessary form will appear after you click “Get New Learner License Appointment.”
- The next step is for the applicant to choose the nearby RTO.
- The applicant must complete the application form with all necessary information, including the type of vehicle, and must select the time and date of the test from the available options.
- Following the applicant’s click on “make payment,” the net banking customer ID and username must be entered.
- Printing the payment receipt is required. After that, the applicant should proceed to the nearest RTO office with Application Form No. 2, the appointment receipt, and all necessary documentation (original and photocopies).
- The original documents will be given back by the RTO officials. There will be an online computer test.
- The applicant will receive the learners license in Odisha if he passes the computer test.
Driving licence online apply Odisha
Please keep in mind A permanent driving licence can only be obtained by the holder of a learners license Odisha who passes the driving test.
- Visit Parivahan.gov.in for a driving license online apply Odisha
- Select the online service tab and “Driving License Related Services”. 3. Select the state from which you want to apply and click on ‘Apply for Driving License’.
- Complete the application form and upload the necessary documents. 5. Pay application fees and book a slot for the driving test.
- On the designated date, appear for the test as scheduled.
Offline Driving License Apply in Odisha
- Search for the closest RTO once and collect the application form.
- Fill out the application form with all the necessary details required. 3. Attach the mandatory documents listed above with the form.
- Get the document verification done.
- Select and book a slot for a driving test at RTO.
- Appear for the test on the designated date.
That’s all about the procedure driving licence online apply Odisha