In today’s tutorial we will take a look at the detailed procedure of Portugal visa for Indians. Portugal, one of the oldest nations in Europe, has a fascinating past. This country, which is renowned for its culture and natural beauty, is the birthplace of illustrious explorers like Vasco de Gama and Magellan.
The Portugal visa enables you to enter this nation for any purpose, including travel, employment, business, or family. Before diving into the procedure, you must know the type of Portugal Visa so that you can choose the appropriate visa according to your requirement.
Portugal Visa Types
The Portugal visa for Indians can be divided into the following categories according to the reason for the trip and the length of the stay..
- Airport Transit – This kind of authorization is given out to travellers who must go through Portugal.
- The short-term Schengen visa, often known as the Portugal Schengen visa, is valid for a stay of up to 90 days within a 180-day period. These can be further divided into the following categories depending on the reason for the visit. –
- Tourist – People who are visiting the country primarily to partake in tourism-related activities are granted this sort of permit.
- Business – This enables you to travel to Portugal to participate in business-related events like conferences and meetings.
- Friends/Family Visit – This visa is given to visitors who have been asked to go see friends or family who reside in the nation.
- Long Term – Also referred to as the Portugal national visa, this type of visa can be obtained for up to 365 days and is valid for stays longer than 90 days. Depending on the goal, these can alternatively be categorised as:
- Work – This is provided to anyone travelling to Portugal for purposes of employment. This is given to visitors to Portugal who are participating in studies that will last longer than 90 days.
- Family reunion – This refers to visitors staying with their family members who have made their homes in Portugal.
You are now aware of the types of visas you can apply. Your mind may now be wondering whether you are eligible for a visa or not.
Eligibility criteria for Portugal visa for Indians
You must confirm that you are qualified for the Portugal visa for Indians you are applying for before beginning the application. After that, you must get the required document for the visa.
- Indian citizens with active passports may apply for a Portugal visa.
- A person can apply for a visa through Visa Lounge whether they want to travel to Portugal for tourism, a visit from family or friends, or business. A person cannot apply through the Visa Lounge if they are looking for work in Portugal.
- Passengers travelling to Portugal must purchase travel insurance. Passengers can get travel insurance from Visa Lounge as well.
Keeping the documents close at hand is currently one of the most crucial things while applying for visas. I’ll outline the essential documents you need to apply for a visa in this section.
Required Documents for a Portugal Visa
The documentation that you need to apply for a Portugal visa for Indians are as follows. In addition to these, you will need to provide documents that are particular to the visa you are seeking for. Visit the official website to confirm.
- a valid passport with a minimum of two blank pages.
- It must be no older than ten years.
- It must be valid for at least six months after the scheduled departure date.
- A covering letter that includes the applicant’s information is required.
- The source of cash must be made absolutely transparent.
- The goal and duration of the visit should be made crystal clear in it.
- It must be addressed to the Portuguese Embassy or Consulate and bear the applicant’s signature.
- Flight reservation for circular trip
- Evidence of lodging, such as hotel reservations, invitations to stay, rental bookings, etc.
- Travel health insurance with a minimum coverage limit of 30,000 euros
- Proof of occupation: A letter of employment, a copy of a business licence, etc.
- Financial records – Financial records include bank statements from the previous three months, a copy of your passbook, an ITR, etc.
For a novice applicant, the Portugal visa application process from India might be rather difficult. Here is a guideline to help you out in applying Portugal Visa from India.
How to apply for Portugal visa for Indians
To apply for Portugal visa for Indians, following that you can continue by submitting the application as follows: –
- Visit the Portuguese embassy’s website to download the visa application.
- Fill out the Portugal visa application form completely and accurately.
- Continue to schedule an appointment at one of the VACs spread out around India. By going to their website, you can do this.
- Bring the application form, the appointment confirmation, and the supporting documentation to the appointment centre. You must pay the costs and supply your biometric data.
Portugal Visa Status
Once you have applied for Visa you can check the portugal Visa Status by going to the Portuguese embassy’s online portal. Enter the details you received upon applying and you will get the status of your Portugal visa application. You will get status only if you submitted it at a VAC by entering your reference number and birthdate on this page.
Portugal Visa Processing Time
The type of permit, the duration of the visa, the volume of applications received by the embassy, as well as your prior travel experience, all affect how quickly your application will be processed. Normally, processing your application takes about 15 working days. It is advised that you apply for the visa well in advance because this process might occasionally take much longer. You can hire an agent to get your visa on time. We are the reputable agent for Portugal visa for Indians.
Q1. What should I do in the event that my Portugal visa is rejected?
Ans. When you apply for a Portugal visa for Indians, you have the right to appeal a visa denial to the Portuguese government.
Q2. Can someone who has a Schengen visa from another nation enter Portugal?
Ans. Yes. You can travel throughout the nations that have ratified the agreement with a Schengen visa.
Q3. Do I need a Schengen Visa to visit the Azores or Madeira in Portugal?
Ans. Yes. These are a part of the Schengen Area even though they are not on the continent of Europe.