In this article, we are going to discuss in detail duplicate license Delhi. How to obtain it and what is the procedure for duplicate driving licence Delhi?
As we know, a driving licence is an important document which is used by Delhi drivers to drive on public roads.
Delhi is a very big state and almost every individual owns a vehicle to move from one place to another.
The Delhi government compulsorily complies with all the traffic rules. The police will pay a large fee if an individual drives without a driving licence.
Lost your driving licence?
Don’t worry! You can apply for a duplicate driving licence in Delhi.
This article consists of every answer to the question that comes in your mind related to duplicate driving licence in Delhi.
When can you apply for a duplicate license Delhi?
In the following cases, a duplicate license Delhi will be issued:
- When the licence is misplaced or destroyed, you can get duplicate driving licence Delhi
- When the licence has been defaced, destroyed, or totally written over.
- When the photograph affixed to the licence has to be replaced
There are some of the cases that might trigger the applicant to issue a duplicate driving licence in Delhi on an urgent or non- urgent basis.
Documents required for duplicate driving licence Delhi
The required documents for duplicate driving licence Delhi are mentioned below-
- The LLD form for applying for a duplicate license Delhi.
- Copy of the permanent driving licence if your original driving licence is stolen.
- Attested photocopies of driving licence if available in case of loss of licence
- Fees as prescribed along with user charges
- FIR copy
- Age proof (any one of the following)
- Address proof (any one of the following)
Rental/ lease agreement
The bond of LIC policy
- Id proof (any one of the following)
Certificate of the transfer from school
- 3-4 Passport sized photograph
- If you are applying for the commercial vehicle licence, then you need to submit the challan clearance report to get a duplicate driving licence Delhi. A challan clearance report is a report which certifies that you do not have any unpaid dues or outstanding tickets.
Duplicate driving licence Delhi offline
Before applying for a duplicate diving licence Delhi, the first step is to make a formal complaint in case your driving licence is lost or stolen. For getting a copy of the FIR after that you need to go to the notary office to collect an affidavit mentioning the same.
Now, the next step is to apply for a duplicate license Delhi.
The Delhi government has also made the procedure for all driving licences online so that they can apply from home.
The applicants can apply for a duplicate driving licence Delhi in online as well as offline method.
We will discuss about both the methods in detail.
Duplicate Driving Licence Delhi Online
Following are the steps for applying for a duplicate driving licence Delhi
- Go to the online website https://parivahan.gov.in//parivahan/
- Select the Apply online option for applying for a duplicate license Delhi
- Click on the Services on driving licence.
- There is a list appear of the services related to the driving licence.
- For knowing the complete details, you need to give your driving licence number and date of birth (DOB).
- Select the state from which you are applying. Check all the details of the licence and verify them and then click on continue.
- Select the preferred driving licence service from the given list.
- After that, you will find the NOC page, declaration box, etc. Tick mark the declaration box and fill in the captcha code.
- Then you need to find an acknowledgement form and fill out the fill and give all the documents that are required.
- And also upload your signature and photograph to the portal then click on the continue button.
- Then the payment windows will open. Pay the fee and get a print out of the receipt.
- After completion of verification, you will get your duplicate license Delhi.
You can also track the status of your duplicate driving licence by using this portal. This is because the verification process takes some time.
If you find any difficulty in applying online then there is also an offline method from which you can apply for a duplicate driving licence.
Apply for a duplicate driving licence Delhi Offline
The procedure to apply for a duplicate driving licence is mentioned below in very simple steps.
- Go to the RTO and provide them with all the details with the LLD form.
- Attach all the documents with the form.
- Pay the fees for the duplicate license Delhi and remember to collect the receipt.
- After some days you will get your duplicate driving licence at your authorized address mentioned in the documents.
Now, there are both methods to apply for a driving licence. By using this process, you can apply for a duplicate driving licence Delhi very easily.
Fees structure for Duplicate driving licence
Normally, the applicant needs to pay Rs. 200 for getting a Duplicate license Delhi. But in the case of smart card, the applicant needs to pay Rs.400 for the same process.
So, this was all about duplicate driving licence Delhi.
I hope this article cleared some of your queries.