If you are looking for information on PAN card name change online or PAN card name correction online, in this article, we will talk about pan card name correction in great detail.
A Permanent Account Number or a PAN Card is an identity proof when it comes to file for the Income Tax Returns. The details reflected in the Card comprise of Name, Father’s name, date of birth, and further the details are contained in the alphanumeric code in a laminated card.
Code contains a unique 10 digit number, issued by the Income Tax Department of India. It is considered to be an existential document for an Indian citizen.
It is necessary that all the details are up-to-date and are accordingly correct. In case there are any errors in the details, it needs an urgent update on the same.
Sometimes people change their legal identity vis-à-vis their name, change their surname after marriage, spell the wrong name, mismatch with the Aadhaar Card details, etc. due to which an update in their name is required at certain times.
Name changes can be made in the PAN Card details, both online and offline. The process is an easy to do method for an individual.
The process has been made easy by the Income Tax Department so that people won’t be troubled with the petty issue of PAN Card name correction.
Documents required for the Name Correction in Pan Card
The documents to keep handy while applying for the PAN Card name correction may vary from contact addresses. But the documents required for both online and offline modes are many and can be from any of the following: Aadhaar Card, Marks Sheet for Date of birth proof, Passport, Driving license, Ration Card, Elector’s photo identity card, Domicile, Pensioner card and much more.
Steps for Pan Card name correction with the help of Aadhaar Card.
- Step 1 – Firstly, browse the UTIITSL’s official website.
- Step 2 – Choose the Pan Card services option and then choose Change/Correction in the PAN Card option.
- Step 3 – Then click on apply for Change/correction in PAN Card Details. A page for the Application for Change/Correction will pop up on your screen.
- Step 4- Two options will pop up in the window, i.e., Offline and Online mode. For offline mode, a person has to physically visit the office with documents and for online mode; the documents are uploaded with the help of digital mode.
Pan Card Name Correction Online:
Select the e-KYC option from the menu for Pan Card name correction. All the details of a person will be fetched with the help of Aadhaar Card.
Sign will be made with the mode of eSign option. The Pan Card will be made available in the two forms either physical or e-PAN.
Choose either of the modes and click on the Submit option. Before making all the payment, an application form must be fulfilled.
The Application form must contain all the necessary details. In order for availing eKYC services, Aadhaar Authentication is required.
For eSign and other details verification, an OTP will be sent to the person verifying all the contents of the application. The application will be saved by the portal for processing further for the Pan Card name correction.
Step Guide for Name Correction in Pan Card
PAN Card is used to assess the person whether artificial or natural.
- In order to Pan Card name correction, one can visit the website, i.e., https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html
- Further, the option Apply online must be selected, then the Application type.
- Then the option changes or correction in existing PAN Data/ Reprint of PAN Card must be selected. Then select the individual as a category.
- Fill the particulars like Title, NAME – First and last name, Date of birth, PAN number, citizenship details (whether you are a citizen or not), email id and click the submit button.
- A message will pop up on your screen showing the thank you note and the token number.
- Then click on the Continue with PAN Application Form. Then a page will pop up for verifying all the contents.
- Further, fill the name as per your Aadhaar card details.
- Submit the photograph of the applicant and click next.
- An acknowledgment will be generated for the same.
For tracking of the status of the application for the same, keep an eye on the portal. And the print out is required to be submitted to the NSDL e-gov office with the proof of the documents.
PAN Card name correction is to be done in many formats. For both online and offline PAN Card name correction, a certain amount of fees must be paid to the authorities.
Name Correction in PAN Card Fees
The amount of fees to be paid depends on the contact address of the particular persons. For the address within India, an amount of Rs. 110 must be paid and for the contact address outside India, Rs. 1,020 must be paid to the authority.
Another way for PAN CARD name correction
Another method of PAN Card name correction in India is done in the following method –
A four-step method is arguably the easiest to use when it comes to the name correction in PAN Card.
- STEP 1: Download the PAN Card name change form from the website and fill it accordingly.
- STEP 2: Submit the form and the photograph of the applicant.
- STEP 3: Complete the payment formalities for the same.
- STEP 4: In the timespan of about 1.5 months, PAN Card can be procured.
A 15 digit code will be allotted to a person after furnishing the payment, which can be used to track the application status of the same. Further, the process for PAN Card name correction is same for both the online and offline mode.
But with regard to payment, it is quite different. For online, options can be net banking, credit and debit cards and on the other hand, for offline, a demand draft will be needed to send to the authorities along with the application form.
Further for an offline process, the form can be submitted with the black ink with two recent photographs. Rest of the process is same as the online process.
Therefore, a PAN Card provides assistance to the Income Tax Department in terms of tracking all the transactions of the person, whether natural or artificial. In this article, the format of PAN Card name correction has been discussed elaborately.