Marriage registration in Kerala is governed by “The Kerala Registration of Marriages (Common) Rules, 2008 ” which came into effect on 29th February 2008 . As per Kerala marriage registration act All marriages solemnized in the state after the commencement of these Rules shall compulsorily be registered
irrespective of religion of the parties . In this article we will discuss how to apply for marriage certificate online in Kerala, marriage registration Kerala documents required.
Kerala is a state on India’s Malabar Coast. Following the adoption of the States Reorganization Act in 1956, it was constituted on November 1, 1956, by uniting Malayalam-speaking districts of the former states of Cochin, Malabar, South Canara, and Travancore. Kerala is the 21st largest Indian state by area, covering 38,863 km2 (15,005 sq mi). According to the 2011 census, Kerala is India’s 13th most populous state, with 33 million people. Thiruvananthapuram, the state capital, is divided into 14 districts. Kerala’s official language is Malayalam, which is also the most widely spoken language in the state.
To register and legalize oneself as a married couple or couple in Kerala, you need to do marriage registration in Kerala.
Marriage registration online in Kerala
If you are a couple from Kerala and wish to do marriage registration online in Kerala government has created a process for you to follow. Below is the list of steps what you have to follow :
- First, go to the Sevana website.
- From the Documents menu, choose the option named as “Registration of Marriages.”
- On the next page, click on button named as “Submit an online form.”
- Click the “submit” button after selecting the District and Local body.
- The login screen should now be visible. If you are already a registered user, you can simply enter your username and password to access the site.
- But, if you are new, then select New Login to create a new account. Fill in all of the registration information that has been asked to fill-out.
- After completing the new user registration, you will be directed to the Form 1 data entering screen.
- Fill in all of the required fields.
- The groom’s and bride’s images must both be uploaded.
- When you’ve finished filling out all of the fields and uploading your images, click the “submit”
- Form I is generated for verification after a successful submission.
- After making any necessary changes to the application, resubmit the form to reflect the changes.
- Take a printout of this form and send it to the appropriate local authority, duly signed by all parties involved, so that you can show this to all the legal authorities that you have done your marriage registration online Kerela.
- The husband and wife must file this application in person at the concerned local body where the marriage is solemnized, together with the required fee.
Marriage certificate download Kerala
Once marriage registration process is completed, you can download Marriage certificate in Kerala. The link to download marriage certificate is available on Sevana portal. The steps to download your marriage certificate online are given below.
- Go to the Sevana website (Kerala’s online civil registration website) and select Certificate Search from the menu.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your district, Local body kind, and Local body. To see the status of the available record, click submit.
- Now choose your wedding year.
- Fill in the blanks with the information listed below.
Date of Wedding
Husband’s and Wife’s Names
- Click on the search result after inputting the CAPTCHA image details. The marriage certificate will appear on the next screen.
- From here marriage certificate download pdf Kerela can be done. And you can have the print of it as hard copy.
If the Marriage Certificate Data is not available online, you must apply in person at the Panchayat/Municipality/Corporation.
Now, here is the point where the process to marriage certificate download Kerala is been finished.
Marriage registration Kerala
Marriage certificate in Kerala is a important and necessary document for any couple that wishes to register as a married pair. Marriage registration in Kerala is governed by “The Kerala Registration of Marriages (Common) Rules, 2008 “. Under this rule marriages in Kerala are registered through following acts :
- Hindu marriage act, 1955 (it covers Hindu, Buddhist, Brahma, Prathama and Jain religion)
- Parsi marriage act, 1936 (it covers Parsi and Zoroastrians religion)
- Special marriage act, 1954 (it includes all religion and even atheist)
Under all these acts a Malayali couple can perform marriage registration in Kerala.
Benefits of Marriage Certificate
- A marriage certificate is a legal document that certifies that a married lady is married to the person whose name and photo appears on the certificate.
- A marriage certificate is a document that provides a married lady with social security and self-confidence.
- A marriage certificate is also useful when the wife or husband is seeking a visa or passport.
- The marriage certificate can also be used to claim bank savings or life insurance benefits for the insurer’s wife following the insurer’s death without the need for a nominee.
Eligibility criteria for Marriage Registration in Kerala
- Minimum age limit for male is 21 years and for female its 18 years
- Neither party has a spouse living at the time of the marriage
- Neither party is an idiot or a lunatic at the time of the marriage
- the parties are not within the degrees of prohibited relationship, unless
the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two
Documents required for issuing Marriage Certificate Kerala
The following documents are required for marriage registration in Kerala :
- A wedding invitation card, which is used to invite guests to the wedding (original one).
- Address proof of both bridegroom and bride (water bill, passport, telecom bill, Aadhar, voterid ).
- Date of birth proof of Both bridegroom and bride (birth certificate, passport, 10th certificate).
- Both sides’ ID Proof (passport, Aadhar card).
- Aadhar card (national identification card) (it has been mandatory by government).
- 2 passport size photos each of bridegroom and bride
- 6 copies of joint photograph of the couple standing side by side. It can be a wedding moment or other photo.
- Separate affidavits from both the parties stating that they are in agreement with the marriage.
- Another affidavit is required if either the male or female partner wishes to alter their name after the marriage in marriage certificate Kerala.
That’s all about the procedure for marriage certificate download Kerala