If you want to drive your private motor vehicle in any other country, then you need to apply for an International Driving License as soon as possible. It is a legal document to drive a four- wheeler or two- wheeler outside the home country. In this article, we are going to specifically learn about the International Driving License Mumbai. If you want to know about International driving permit Mumbai, then kindly read this article till the end.
First of all, let’s start with the advantages of getting an International Driving Licence Mumbai.
Advantages of International Driving license Mumbai
We have already discussed that an applicant can drive on foreign roads without getting into any problem with the respective foreign authorities. Apart from this, there are many other advantages too of having International Driving license Mumbai. They are listed below-
- Drive and rent a car on foreign roads
- It can also help as a person’s identity proof
- No additional driving tests are required in Abroad.
- A person can visit around 150 countries with an International Driving permit Mumbai.
- A person can claim insurance for an accident in Abroad if he/ she possess an International driving licence Mumbai.
- Communication becomes easier with foreigner authorities.
- Experience the beautiful countryside roads and sights.
Holding an international driving licence Mumbai also allows a person to drive or rent a car on highways too. Sounds cool? It is a high time for you to apply for the international driving licence Mumbai.
Let’s move on to the process and documents of applying for the international driving license Mumbai.
Documents required for International Driving license Mumbai
The following are the important documents required for applying for International Driving License Mumbai:
- Form 4A and Form 1A.
- A valid driving licence’s photocopy
- Copy for visa and passport
- Duplicate aeroplane tickets for verification process
- Application fee for Rs. 1000
- Passport sized photographs as required
- Certified proof of citizenship of India
- Copy of address proof
- Copy of age proof
These all are the necessary documents required for International Driving License Mumbai.
How to apply for an International driving license Mumbai?
With the advancement in technology, an applicant can apply for International Driving licence Mumbai both in online and offline modes. We will discuss both the ways in detail.
Offline procedure for International Driving License Mumbai
- Visit your nearby Regional Transport Office (RTO) of your area.
- Fill up the form 4A and form 1A.
- Provide details of driving licence, residence and identical proof.
- Submit all the required documents with the forms (Documents are mentioned above).
- Make a payment of Rs.1,000 at the time of submitting the documents.
Following all these simple steps, your application will be successful. You will receive your International Driving License Mumbai within 4-5 working days.
Online procedure for International Driving License Mumbai
- Visit the official website of Parivahan. The link is here.
- Select the option “Online Services”.
- Choose “Driving Licence Related Services” from the drop- down menu.
- Select your state name.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Click on “Apply for International Driving Licence Permit (IDP)”.
- Read all the instructions carefully. After that, click on “continue”.
- Enter your “Driving Licence Number” and “Date of Birth”.
- Enter the Captcha Code that would be given on your screen. Click on “Proceed” button.
- Select the service called “Issue of IDP to DL holder” and click on “continue”.
- Check your name, Driving Licence number and the associated RTO appeared on the screen very carefully.
- Enter your additional details like your passport number, birth country, birthplace, visa number and the validity.
- Choose the vehicle class you need an international driving licence for. Click on “Confirm” button.
- Upload all the necessary documents. Verify it twice and submit.
- Upload your passport sized photograph and signature and click on “Next” button.
- Pay the required fees to begin with the process.
- Take a printout of the application form and payment receipt.
The process of application submission gets over here. After this, you have to visit the associated RTO. The officers will conduct the verification process of the submitted documents before issuing the international driving licence.
Eligibility criteria to apply for international driving license Mumbai
It is important to take a look at the eligibility criteria to apply for an international driving license Mumbai too. The criteria is well explained in the following points:
- An applicant must be 18 years of age or above.
- An applicant must be a valid Domestic Driving Licence holder in India.
- The applicant must possess a valid Visa.
- The applicant must submit the duly filled Form 4A with other necessary documents.
Validity of International Driving License
The validity of International Driving Licence Mumbai is 1 year from the date of issuance or before the domestic licence expires, whichever comes earlier. More than 150 countries recognise the International Driving Licence issued in India and also enables Indian Tourists to rent motor vehicles and ride/ drive in their countries.
Processing time to get an International Driving License in Mumbai
The international driving licence Mumbai processing time usually takes around 4-5 working days after the submission of the application along with the required documents and paying the processing payment. Upon successful submission of application form, They will issue an international driving licence Mumbai to the applicant.
1.Can I use my International driving licence Mumbai as an identity proof in foreign countries?
Ans:-Yes, You can use an international driving license Mumbai as an identity proof in foreign countries.
2. How many countries accept International driving licence Mumbai?
Ans- More than 150 countries accept International driving licence Mumbai as a valid driving licence and proof of identity.
3. Is it possible to apply for an International driving licence Mumbai with a Leaning Licence?
Ans- No, you can’t apply for an international driving licence Mumbai with a learning licence. It is mandatory for an international driving licence Mumbai applicant to hold a valid domestic driving licence in India.
So, this was all about the international driving licence Mumbai. I hope you liked this article. If you have any doubt please mention in the comment section.