Wondering how to apply for Birth Certificate in Delhi? Well, this is the right place where you can get all the comprehensive information about this. The Registration of Birth Act, 1969, makes it mandatory to register every birth in Delhi. Itzeazy provides service for Birth certificate online in Delhi .
In Delhi, a birth certificate is issued by four municipal corporations and one Delhi Cantonment board based on the jurisdiction where birth took place. They are:
- New Delhi Municipal corporation
- North Delhi Municipal corporation
- South Delhi Municipal corporation
- East Delhi Municipal corporation
- Delhi Cantonment board
A MCD Birth Certificate is a vital record that documents the birth of a child. The term “birth certificate” can refer to either the original document certifying the circumstances of the birth or to a certified copy of or representation of the ensuing registration of that birth.
Every birth must be registered within 21 days of its occurrence in the location where it occurred. A birth certificate can be obtained after registration by applying to the appropriate authority. Adopted children and undocumented orphans may be eligible for certificates under specific circumstances. Births from abroad can also be registered.
Birth Certificate Registration
Before getting the birth certificate online Delhi you need to register the birth in Delhi. Every birth has to be reported within 21 days of its occurrence whether (a) the birth has taken place in the house, OR (b) the birth has taken place out of the house. The persons required to register Birth are-
- When the birth has taken place inside the house, a written letter has to be submitted by head of the house or the nearest relative of head of the house or the oldest member of the house.
- When birth has taken place out of the house:
(a) Births in a Hospital/Health Centre/Maternity Home etc.: A letter from the Medical Officer Incharge or any other authorized person.
(b) For all births inside a jail: A letter by the Jail In-charge.
(c) For all births in a moving Vehicle: A letter from the person In-charge of the Vehicle.
(d) For all births of children found deserted in a public place: Head of the Village or the In-charge of the Local Police Station.
MCD Birth Certificate download
Birth Certificate Correction Online Delhi
Birth Certificate Online Delhi
Procedure for Birth Certificate in Delhi:
There are some local bodies in the state of Delhi that issue the Birth Certificate in Delhi. These bodies are MCD, NMDC & Delhi Cantonment Board. A MCD Birth Certificate is issued by the respective body within 7 days of the receipt of the duly filled application from the applicant. The Birth Certificates are issued from the concerned registration centers/Zonal Offices of the local bodies.
To register the birth of a child, you need to visit to the office of Sub Divisional Magistrate in the respective jurisdiction where the Birth took place, on any working day during 9.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Documents required for Birth Certificate in Delhi:
Following are the documents required for an MCD birth cretificate in Delhi. Always have these documents on hand while filing for whether birth certificate online Delhi or offline in Delhi.
- Application by the Applicant or nearest family member on a plain paper.
- Proof of Birth of the person in respect of whom Birth Certificate is required (PAN Card can also be submitted).
- An original affidavit stating the Name, Date, Place and Time of birth of the person. (pic below)
- Copy of Ration Card (if available).
- Residential certificate of the parent of the respective year.
- School Leaving Certificate of the applicant (showing date of birth).
- All documents are to be attested by a Gazetted Officer.
Documents to produce for late registration of Birth:
Following are the documents required for MCD birth certificate in Delhi in case of late registration:
(1) You can also register a birth after 21 days but before 30 days of occurrence on payment of late fee.
(2) You can also register a birth after 30 days but before 1 year of occurrence after obtaining written permission from the Registrar and on payment of late fee.
(3) You can also register a birth after 1 year of occurrence after obtaining an order from the Area Magistrate (i.e. SDM of the first class or a Presidency Magistrate) and on payment of the late fee.
Fees for Birth Certificate Delhi:
Following are the fees for both birth certificate online Delhi and offline birth certificate in Delhi.
- Registration of Birth within 21 days of occurrence – No fees
- Registration of Birth after 21 days but before 30 days of occurrence – ₹ 7/-
- Registration of Birth after 30 days but before 1 year of occurrence – ₹ 10/-
- Registration of Birth after 1 year of occurrence – ₹ 20/-
- A service charge of ₹ 5/-
An applicant gets a Single Copy of the Birth Certificate free of cost. Additional copies of Birth Certificate can be obtained by paying a nominal fee of ₹ 5/copy.
Birth Certificate office in Delhi
Now you can even opt for a birth certificate online Delhi but if you are planning for registering a birth, here are some details regarding the birth certificate office in Delhi. There are different centers of each local body in Delhi for such registration. The details as per the jurisdiction of the local body are as below:
MCD (188 Centers – Urban: 137 and Rural: 51)
Deputy Health Officer of each Municipal Zone is designated as Registrar of Births & Deaths. The vaccinator of the vaccination center or paramedical staffs of Health Centers/Sub Centers has been designated as Sub-Registrars and also at Citizen Service Bureau.
1. Domiciliary Cases
- Registration of Births occurring at home in an urban area is being done at the vaccination center located in the area.
- Registration of Birth occurring at home in a rural area is being done by vaccinators or paramedical staff. Registration Centers are located in Primary Health Centre’s, Dispensaries and Mother & Child Welfare Sub Centers in rural areas.
2. Other Cases
Registration of Birth occurring in a hospital, nursing home and for other cases is being done at the offices of the MCD in the zones where these institutions are located.
Processing and Verification:
As soon as the Application of the applicant is received, a draft order is made and is sent to the respective police station for verification purposes. (Note: If you are providing a School Leaving Certificate then no verification will take place).
If a positive verification report is received from the concerned police station, an order is issued to the Local body for the registration of Birth. It usually takes about 21 days for getting a response from your Local Body.
What shall be done if Birth is not recorded?
If the Birth and Death are not recorded within one year of Birth and Death, you can contact the place of Birth and Death for registration of the event. Registrar’s Office can also be contacted.
Birth certificate correction online Delhi:
If you have applied birth certificate online Delhi and you need to amend the changes then read on.
1. INSTITUTIONAL BIRTH
A correction letter is required from Medical Record Officer of concerned hospital/institution, where birth occurred along with supporting documents for events, of less than 10yr old.
2. NON-INSTITUTIONAL BIRTH
For Birth event > 10 years old
i) Affidavit stamp paper on Rs.10/- duly attested by SDM/Notary public having subject correction of birth/death events.
ii) Supporting document like Passport, Ration Card, Voter Identity Card, 10thclass certificate, cremation receipt etc.
Name addition in Birth Certificate Delhi:
- Within 1 year of the birth the name can be added at any Citizen Service Bureau or through the internet. An application form has to be submitted.
- After 1 year but within 15 years, the same can be added at any Citizen Service Bureau, on payment of late fee and submission of an application form.
Time Required for Response:
Normally you should be getting a response within 21 days.
Apply for a Birth Certificate Online in Delhi:
Following is the process for birth certificate online in Delhi
- Step 1: Go to the Delhi Government’s official website.
- Step 2: On the portal’s home page, select “Online Services” from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: From the list of services, choose “Birth Certificate.”
- Step 4: On the following page, the user must complete the birth inquiry information and then click the ‘Search’ button.
- Step 5: The applicant can now access the portal to view their birth information.
- Step 6: From the list of birth records, select individual birth records.
- Step 7: Select “Get certificate” from the drop-down menu to get a birth certificate online Delhi.
- Step 8: The applicant must provide contact information and select “Show Certificate” from the menu.
- Step 9: Finally, the applicant can print a copy of the birth certificate that has been approved.
By this procedure, you apply for the Birth Certificate Delhi. I have mentioned both offline and online procedures.
Documents required for birth certificate in Delhi:
Following are the documents required for online birth certificate in Delhi
- Completed application form. One can download the form from official website or can collect the form from nearby registrar office.
- Affidavit in prescribed Proforma specifying place, date and time of birth signed by authorized officer. (same as above)
- Supporting document for the present residential proof like Voter ID, Electricity bill/water bill/house tax on parent’s name/Ration Card for address proof.
- Copy of Ration Card/Aadhaar card/Voter ID card/Passport of parents.
- Copies of Parent’s identity and residential documents of parents attested by a Gazetted officer.
- Aadhaar card Enrolment No. and any one of the identity proof PAN / Passport / Driving Licence / Voters Card / Identity Card. The name of the applicant on the Aadhaar card should match with the Name of the Applicant.
- A letter written by Medical Officer In-charge, any officer authorized person of Hospital/Health Centre, Maternity Home where the birth has occurred.
- Photograph of the applicant that must match with applicant’s photo on the Aadhaar card.
Where to submit Birth Application Form in Delhi
Application for birth certificate in Delhi is to be submitted in the following centers :
- International Inoculation Centre (HQ) Birth and Death Centre, Mandir Marg.
- Palika Suvidha Kendra, 48 Babar Road, New Delhi (N.R.C Hospital).
- Palika Suvidha Kendra Palika Bhavan, R.K Puram, Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi.
- SBS Place Gole Market L.H.M.C Hospital & R.M.L Hospital, New Delhi.
- Charak Palika Hospital, MotiBagh, New Delhi.
- Maternity Hospital, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
- 42, South Market, Kidwai Nagar, A.I.I.M.S, New Delhi.
- Sarojini Nagar Centre, Safdarjang Hospital, Shanti Aavedna Hospital & Trauma Centre A.I.I.M.S, New Delhi.
Birth Certificate Fees Structure:
Following is the fees structure for birth certificate in Delhi
- Within 21 days of the occurrence of Birth – No Fee
- After 21 days to 30 days of the occurrence of Birth – ₹. 7/- as late fee
- After 30 days to within 1 year of the occurrence of Birth – ₹. 10/- as late fee
- Beyond One year of the occurrence of Birth – SDM Order from local area + ₹. 15 as late fee
Procedure for delayed Birth Registration:
You can go to your local municipal office and ask for the procedure for delayed birth registration. Usually, for birth certificate online Delhii which are beyond one year, there is a requirement of Birth order by the Executive Magistrate/ Sub Divisional Magistrate.
The order must be on basis of which birth is registered in the municipal office after paying the requisite late fees. To get Birth Order you need to visit the local Executive Magistrate/ Sub Divisional Magistrate office and submit the required documents like identity proof, address proof, and school certificates on basis of which the Birth order is issued.
Do not delay to get a birth registered!
Itzeazy provides service for birth certificate online Delhi Its doorstep and hassle-free service. To book for service please visit Itzeazy
Hello! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 4!
Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts!
Keep up the fantastic work!