Do you want father name correction in Birth Certificate? What documents you will require while applying for father name change in birth certificate, what is the procedure for father name correction in Birth Certificate Online? Let’s begin
If you want to do father name change in birth certificate, you must first apply in the Central Government Gazette. In this article, we will talk aboutin a great detail about how you can apply for father name correction in Birth Certificate.
Documents required for the Father name correction in Birth Certificate?
These documents make it simple to father name correction in Birth Certificate online:
- A driving license, Passport, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, or Ration Card are all acceptable forms of identification.
- Proof of Address: Electricity Bill, Aadhaar Card, or Ration Card
- One Passport-Size Photograph Application for Photographs:
- Application Form duly signed with all details including the old and new names, correspondence address, contact information.
Father name correction in Birth Certificate Online
The following is the mention the procedure for Father name correction in Birth Certificate online and offline as well. The following is the procedure to be followed for correcting a spelling mistake on a birth certificate or for birth certificate correction.
- The following link allows you to easily and rapidly father name correction in birth certificate online – http://crsorgi.gov.in/web/index.php/auth/login
- Fill out the form with the right information for signup.
- After login, You need to edit your details of father name.
- Following that, pay the fees. For one and all, the charge is usually pretty little.
- Following this, a computer-generated unique id is sent.
- Furthermore, the procedure has been finished, and the birth certificate has been amended.
Father name correction in Birth Certificate online has been done
Father name change in birth certificate
- Submit an Affidavit for Father’s Name Change.
If you want father name change in birth certificate, you must first file an affidavit for Name Change with a local Notary. It must include your father’s old name, the new name, and the cause for the name change, as well as application information such as his Husband’s/name, Father’s address, and age proof, among other things.
- Newspaper publication
After you have completed the preceding stage of father name change in birth certificate, the next step is to publish it in a newspaper.
You must place an advertisement in two local newspapers, one in the regional language Hindi and one in English, announcing your father name change. Always perform a cross-check of the advertisement before placing it in the newspaper to ensure that all of the data stated are correct. A minor blunder might derail your entire process.
- Publication of Father Name Change in India’s Official Gazette
You must now publish the Father’s Name Change Notification in Gazette of India by writing the Application along with a DD for the fee and the necessary papers.
You must now send the following documents to the Department of Name Change Publication-
- Affidavit of Name Change that must be Notarized (Hard Copy)
- If you live in another country, you must submit the deed, which must be attested by the respective Indian Embassy/Indian High Commission.
- Publication of Newspapers (Hard Copy)
- Hard copy of the Name Change Form, which must be completed in accordance with the Format.
- Produce a digital CD. “Specimen Soft Copy on CD”
- Government personnel must file the Deed for Name Change in line with Ministry of Home Affairs Order No. 190016/1/87-Estt. dated 12/03/1987.
- Demand draft with the amount of Rs. 1100/- (for major) and Rs. 1700/- (for minor) written in favor of the Controller of Publications, Delhi.
- Two passport-sized self-attested photographs.
That’s all about the father name change in birth certificate offline and Father name correction in Birth Certificate online.
Now in the further section, we will talk about under what circumstances you may need to do father name change in birth certificate or Father name correction in Birth Certificate.
What are the reasons to change the name?
The following are some of the reasons for which you would need to change the name on the birth certificate. Father name change in birth certificate | Father name correction in Birth Certificate online.
- Change in Religion
- Unhappy with the name
- Widow’s Marriage
- Reasons for Numerology
- Reasons for Astrology
- Incorrect name in an official record
- Marriage Following Divorce
- Adoption of a Child
- Errors in Spelling
- Gender Transition
Important points to keep in mind while updating the father’s name?
While you applying for the procedure of Father name change in birth certificate | Father name correction in Birth Certificate online, you need to keep some points in mind.
- As the procedure for amending the information on a birth certificate varies slightly from state to state, pay particular attention to the recommendations provided by the state government agency.
- Depending on the state requirements, you may be required to pay a charge at the time of application submission. The charge, however, is little.
- Maintain a copy of all papers created, published, and obtained; they may be requested at any time.
- The Registrar of Births and Deaths can provide you with a copy of the newly amended Birth Certificate. There is a little fee that you must pay for each copy you intend to get.
I hope all the information about the father name correction in Birth Certificate and Father name correction in Birth Certificate online is clear. But still if you have any query regarding this you could mention that in the comment box.