Lost my Driving Licence How to Get Another One one? Here’s one simple trick to get another one online.
Every driver in India needs to have a driving licence. Without this document, you are not allowed to drive any kind of vehicle in the country. After all, it is an official document issued by the government of India, permitting an individual to drive on Indian roads.
What if your driving licence is lost or stolen? Don’t worry! You can get a duplicate copy against your stolen or lost driving licence from your Regional Transport Office (RTO). Transport offices across India offer duplicate driving licences in case you have lost the original or if the original driving licence has been stolen.
In this article, we will discuss the topic of lost my Driving Licence how to get another one or we can say duplicate driving licence online just by following some simple steps.
However, before applying for a duplicate copy against your lost or stolen driving licence, make sure to check all the necessary documents required in this process.
Documents required for duplicate driving licence
In case you are facing the situation, I lost my Driving Licence how to get another one? You will be required to submit the list of documents for the purpose.
The following list of documents is required to obtain a duplicate driving licence. This list of documents may or may not vary for each state.
- An FIR (first instance report) refers to the loss of the licence.
- Submission of the original one (if the same in a torn, mutilated or soiled state)
- Application form LLD (for intimation of loss or destruction of driving licence and application for duplicate)
- All licence holders should keep a photocopy of their licences since there are a couple of details mentioned that might assist in tracking the misplaced one from records
- Details of the driving licence
- 2 passport sized photographs
- Address proof documents for reference
- Age proof documents for reference
All the details in these forms will be cross-checked with the information already in the system since this licence was previously created. Since all information is gathered through records, the expiration date of the duplicate licence will match the original.
Lost my Driving Licence How to Get Another One Online
Lost my Driving Licence how to get another one online steps to apply for a Duplicate Driving Licence
- File and submit the LLD form that can be downloaded from the Sarathi website https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in.
- After completing the form, take out the printout of the same.
- Hand it over to the RTO office from where you originally got your driving licence.
- Submit all the necessary documents. The list of documents has been mentioned above.
You are not required to give the driving test again to get a duplicate licence.
- Once you get done with the process, the duplicate driving licence will be sent to your registered house address through the post.
- You will also be given in receipt which you use in lieu of a driving licence till you get your duplicate driving licence.
What kind of information is to be filled in LLD application form?
It is beneficial to inform the things that are required to present in the application form before filling it out. So in case, Lost my Driving Licence how to get Another one, the first step is to fill out the form LLD to get a duplicate driving licence Application form LLD is required for the concern of loss of destruction of driving licence and an application for the duplicate. Given below is mentioned some of the information that will be asked in form LLD.
- You are required to enter the full name and address as it was mentioned in the driving licence.
- You need to mention the reason of applying for a duplicate driving licence. If the licence was destroyed, torn or lost, you need to mention the circumstances in which the loss happened.
- Also, you will be required to enter the driving licence number, class of motor vehicle for which the driving licence was held, name of driving licence holder, the licencing authority and the expiry date of the licence.
- You must also present a declaration that your driving licence was not impounded by any authority.
- Once you entered all the information, you should sign the application and enter the place and date. Also, you must also sign in the space provided for spicemen signature. Spicemen signature is required to compare the signature with the original one.
- If you choose to fill the form online, you can reset or save the information which can also be edited later if you want to change anything.
- Also, you will receive the copy of the same in the PDF format which can be printed out and submit the PDF in the RTO after signing the application.
The offline mode to get a duplicate driving licence is also very simple. You need to go to the RTO that issued your original driving licence. Get a form LLD application of duplicate driving licence, fill-up the form correctly, and put your signature on the form.
Charges for reprint of Driving licence card
In case of lost my driving licence how to get another one, you need to pay a fee. The fee for getting a duplicate or reprint of a driving licence is Rs. 200 and if you need a smart card, the total revised fee is Rs. 400 as per rule 32 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules Act, 1989
Queries regarding the duplicate driving licence
- The validity of your driving licence will be the same as your original driving licence.
- In case lost my driving licence how to get another one, you can only apply for a duplicate driving licence at the same RTO which issued your original driving licence.
- You will not be required to undergo a driving test to get your duplicate driving licence.
- You can apply for a duplicate driving licence only if you have held a permanent driving that has been recently stolen or lost.
I have lost my learner licence. Can I apply for a duplicate driving licence?
No, you can apply for a duplicate licence only if you have a permanent driving licence that has been recently stolen, lost or damaged. You will be required to apply for a LLD form if you have lost it.
But some state RTOs also give duplicate learner licence.
So, the article ends here. If you have any other queries regarding the duplicate driving licence(Lost my Driving Licence How to Get Another One), please mention them in the comments.