Want to apply for ownership transfer of car ? Itzeazy helps in car RC transfer. Transfer of ownership of car is important step of used car buying process.
If you want to do car RC transfer, you simply need to fill out an application at the RTO. How do I transfer ownership of a car? In this article, we will talk about how to transfer car ownership? Documents required for car RC transfer and car ownership transfer cost and car name transfer form.
When you sell your car, make sure the RC and insurance policy are transferred to the buyer’s name. An RC transfer is important since it ensures that the car and all legal obligations associated with it go to the new owner.
If the vehicle is involved in an accident or is used in any criminal activity, the owner, according to the RC, risks facing legal problems, regardless of how many times the vehicle has changed hands. The owner must personally ensure that the ownership transfer is completed correctly.
It is very simple to transfer ownership of your car. The detailed information regardingownership transfer cost, car name transfer form are discussed further below. So, keep reading
Reasons for transferring car ownership
There are several scenarios in which car ownership must be transferred from one person to another. Here are the reasons for car ownership transfer
- Transfer of ownership in case of normal sale
This is when cars are sold, and buyer name’s gets registered as owner of the car from then.
- Transfer of ownership on death of owner of the car
This is when the owner of a car dies, then transfer of ownership is done in favor of the legal heirs of the deceased registered owner.
- Transfer of ownership of car purchased in public auction
When a car is sold in public auction, then purchaser is noted as the registered owner.
Depending upon the category of transfer, documents needed for car RC transfer may vary but compulsory documents are form 29, form 30.
Car ownership transfer
To begin, if you are purchasing a car, you must obtain a NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the seller. You can proceed with the procedures of car ownership transfer once you have the NOC.
- . Visit the official website of Parivahan Seva.
- After opening the portal, you have to enter your state name.
- You have to select the RTO of your vehicle registration and then you have to click on Proceed.
- After that, you have to select the online service to apply for the car ownership transfer.
- Now you have to verify the details of your car. After verifying all the detail, click on “Verify Details”.
- Once your vehicle is verified, all the details of your vehicle will be displayed on the page.
- Then you have to enter all the updated details of the vehicle such as the name of the owner, etc.
- After that, you have to select the type of vehicle. There will be different fees for different vehicles. You can see the car ownership transfer cost that you have to pay.
- Then a confirmation box will appear in front of you. It will ask if you want to change the changes that are made or not. Click on “Confirm Details”
- You will be displayed a receipt of the car ownership transfer. Take a print of the receipt. The receipt will help you in the further processes.
Vehicle Ownership Transfer| RC Transfer Online|Ownership Transfer of Vehicle
RC transfer documents required
RC transfer fees for vehicle in India
So, those were the steps involved in changing the car ownership transfer. You can only change the owner if you have paid all of the additional taxes that have been imposed on the property. If you have paid all of the taxes, you can easily transfer ownership of the car.
Now we will take a look at the documents needed for car RC transfer and car name transfer form
Car name transfer form
The car name transfer form can be accessed online. online.https://vahan.nic.in/nrservices/forms/form28.pdf
Documents required for car transfer
Following are the documents required for car RC transfer :
- Original RC
- 2 nos. of duly filled & signed Form no.29
- 2 nos. of duly filled & signed Form no.30
- Copy of valid insurance
- Copy of valid pollution under control certificate
- Copy of address proof of buyer (voter card/ passport/ telephone(BSNL/MTNL) /electricity bill /Adhar /Govt Bank account)
If there is loan or hypothecation on the car then additional documents required would be :
- A certificate from financier (Bank) for having retained full dues
- 2 nos. of Form no. 35 duly filled & signed by registered owner
NOC for Vehicle Transfer Online
Medical Fitness Certificate for Driving License: Apply for One in 2022
Car ownership transfer cost
Car RC transfer fees is :
- Car – Rs. 300
- Imported car – Rs. 2500
If the RC issued is in the form of any Smart Card Type, an additional fee of Rs. 200 would be charged.
If you are buying the used car after taking loan from bank or financial institution, there will be additional cost of endorsing hire purchase/lease/hypothecation agreement in the RTO. For car its Rs. 1500.
Transferring a car or a motorcycle is required in the following situations: normal sale, death of the owner, and purchase of a vehicle at a public auction. Furthermore, this transfer can be made either within your own state or across state lines.
But, whatever the cause, there are a few documents that must be filed to your local RTO in order to complete the car ownership transfer. So, if you also want to change or transfer the ownership of the vehicle you must have a car name transfer form.
Simply follow the steps and you can easily do a car ownership transfer. I hope that now you have understood all the steps and also all the documents needed for car RC transfer.
Leave a Reply