In order to receive a driving licence in your name, you need to pass the driving licence test successfully. This article will be extremely helpful if you’ve been thinking about how to get a driver’s licence test appointment quickly. This article will tell you how to get a driving licence test appointment as well as provide you with the necessary information to pass a driving licence test.
Driving Licence Test Appointment
To get a driving license, you have to go through two steps; a practical assessment and a theoretical assessment. To apply for a driver’s license, you need to submit an application form along with fees, and then you need to pass the driving skill test.
You can select the date and time of the driving test before appearing. All you have to do is online slot booking for the driving license test. The purpose of this article is to familiarize you with how to book Learning license appointment. Simply go to the location and give it your all once the appointment is set.
Driving Skill Test
Learner’s licence is a licence given on a provisional basis for a period of 6 months. Learners licence test must be passed in online or offline mode, to later apply for the permanent licence.
There are 15 questions for the test in a Multiple-Choice Question (MCQ) format. You need to correctly answer 9 questions to lead to successful completion, where 30 seconds were given to answer each question. After passing, you can apply for the permanent licence. To get a DL you need to book Learning license appointment.
In the further section, we will discuss how to book a driving licence test appointment or learning license appointment. But before that let’s take a look at what factors will lead to the failure of the test.
Learning license fees in India 2022
Lost my Driving Licence How to Get Another One
What factors will lead to the failure of the test?
In your driving test, you can receive 15 minor faults and still pass the test. You will fail only if there’s a major fault or three of the same minors.
What is a major fault?
Strictly speaking, there is no such thing as a major or a minor fault.
When you make a mistake, an examiner will classify it as one of the following:
- A dangerous fault – Consists of actual danger to you, the examiner or the public.
- A serious fault – Consists of something potentially dangerous
- A driving fault – Event that isn’t potentially dangerous, but if it occurs again, it could become a serious fault soon
Now let’s take a look at how to book a driving licence test appointment or learning license appointment.
Driving licence test appointment online
Here are some easy steps to guide you in booking your driving licence test appointment or learning license appointment :
- Click here to visit the official Sarathi website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- Choose your state from the drop-down menu and then click on the ‘Apply for Driving Licence’ option to book a driving licence test appointment
- You will then be redirected to a page containing information on the online application process
- Now, click on the option ‘Continue’ and enter your learner’s licence number and your date of birth as well
- You can then download the driving licence application form
- You should also enter the required details such as name, residential address, mobile number
- Next step is uploading the necessary documents, your photo and signature to successfully complete the online application for learning license appointment
- Now select your preferred time slot for the driving licence test appointment from the available options
- You can proceed to make the payment now.
Documents Required to Apply for Driving Licence Online
Here is the list of documents you will require while booking for a learning license appointment or driving licence test appointment :
- Duly filled application form
- Copy of PAN card
- Address proof
- Age proof
- Passport-sized photos
- Copy of fitness certificate
- If the applicant is a minor, a copy of the parent’s or guardian’s written consent
- A valid learning licence permit
- Permanent driving licence payment receipt
What happens at the driving licence test appointment?
Let’s see what happens at the driving licence test appointment or learning license appointment.
- Arrive at the prescribed track 1 hour prior to your time slot.
- Then you will be required to sign a form, declaring that you’re insured for the driving test vehicle.
- Then you should pass the eye test successfully.
- The driving test will take around 40 minutes and the examiner will assess your driving abilities.
- The examiner will set the driving route and it will consist of crossroads, junctions and what not.
- You will be requested to do reverse bay parking, front bay parking.
Slot Booking for Driving Licence
1.Can I drive a car with a learner’s licence?
1.No, you can only the car at a training school with a supervisor.
2.Can I book appointment for driving licence test in offline mode?
Yes, you can book a driving licence test appointment or learning license appointment offline as well. You should visit the nearest RTO office for that.
3.Is RTO driving test easy to pass?
After adequate practice, it is easy to pass the test.
4.What is an extended driving test?
An extended practical driving test is given only when a driver is disqualified and the court orders that they must re-take the driving test. The extended driving test takes around 70 minutes
5.What is the fee to obtain a driving licence?
- Driving licence fee for a single class of vehicle Rs.800/-.
- Driving licence fee for the double class of vehicle Rs.1100/-.
6.What happens if I fail the test?
If you fail the DL test, you should re-collect your application and documents. You have the option to re-appear for the test again after 7 days. But you will need to pay the fees again while taking the re-test.
7.Will I have to compulsory pay for damages in case I crash the car during the driving licence test?
No, before settling in for your test, you will sign a form declaring that you will be insured if anything were to happen.