In this article, we will talk about what is a PUC certificate? The test procedure for vahan parivahan PUC certificate. It is necessary to know how to get the pollution under control certificate, pollution certificate validity and all the details regarding PUC Certificate.
Pollution Under Control Certificate
Everyone is committed in their pursuit of personal success. The development has become consistent with a decline in air quality and environmental degradation.
The number of vehicles on the road has boomed. These vehicles pollute the environment the most. Despite the fact that the issue receives attention from time to time, the global pollution index continues to rise.
As an responsible citizen, you can obtain a pollution control certificate from the government for your vehicles. However, you should learn more about the PUC Certificate before applying. So let’s begin
What is a PUC certificate?
So, here is what is a PUC certificate? PUC is short for Pollution under Control. Generally, smoke is emitted from vehicles, so we need to see if the smoke pollutes the surroundings.
Pollution under Control is a certification mark and if a vehicle has pollution under control certificate, it displays the fact that the vehicle is safe to drive through the roads. It also says that the vehicle does not contribute to pollution in India.
It is compulsory for each vehicle to hold a Vahan Parivahan PUC certificate. A Pollution under Control certificate is required to renew your motor insurance policy. PUC parivahan/ pollution certificate validity has been mentioned in the further section. So, keep reading.
Medical Fitness Certificate for Driving License: Apply for One in 2022
Traffic violation check by vehicle number
How to check Fitness Certificate of Vehicle Online
When is a pollution under control certificate granted to a vehicle?
Now you get your answer of what is a PUC certificate? You might be wondering when a pollution under control certificate is granted? PUC parivahan is granted to vehicle only when it has passed the Pollution under Control test. Pollution under Control test is required to confirm if the vehicle emission is in accordance with air pollution control.
Want to know how to get vahan parivahan PUC certificate and pollution certificate validity? Let’s take a look at the next section.
Where to get a Vahan parivahan PUC certificate?
You can get your Pollution under Control certificate or Vahan Parivahan PUC certificate at the following places:
- Authorised petrol bunks which conduct emission tests
- Authorised emission testing centres
- Authorised service centres that conduct emission tests.
Now that you are well aware of the what is a PUC certificate and where to get vahan parivahan PUC certificate. Now let’s take a look at pollution certificate validity
Now that you know what is a PUC certificate and where to get vahan parivahan PUC certificate, you can move on to the next step. Let’s take a look at pollution certificate validity now.
Pollution Certificate Validity
Pollution under Control certificate issued to a new car valid for 1 year initially. So, when you buy a car, your PUC certificate will be valid for 12 months. For example, if you bought a car, you’ll need to get it tested at regular intervals after a year to get another PUC certificate. These renewed car PUC certificates are now valid for six months. Pollution certificate validity differs for each vehicle based on the readings as per the test.
Cost of PUC certificate
Cost for Pollution Under Control Certificate is between Rs.60/- to Rs.100/-, depending on whether its fuel or diesel vehicle.
Penalty for not having PUC
You will be fined if you do not have a PUC Certificate, just as you will be if you do not have a motor insurance policy. If you do not carry, you will be prosecuted under section 190 (2) of the Motor Vehicle Act.
In addition, a fine of Rs.1000/– will be imposed for the first offence. If you do it again, you will be fined Rs.2000/-.
It’s not always about the monetary penalty! It is in the best interests of our environment and mother earth. Let’s not ruin it any further!
Perks of PUC Certificate
Here are the perks of the vahan parivahan PUC certificate
- Preserve the environment– Air pollution is very dangerous for the environment and shall lead to an increase in global warming as well. So, this Pollution under Control certificate/ vahan parivahan PUC certificate will help check your vehicle emissions and keep them under limits and you will also be preserving the environment on the side.
- Awareness of the vehicle -Renewing your PUC parivahan/Pollution under Control certificate every 6 months will help you become aware of the emission level for your vehicle and if it requires any repairs then you can complete it as well.
- You are a law-abiding citizen– Having a Pollution under Control Certificate is required by the Government of India as per the Motor Vehicle Act of 1988, and failure of not having can lead to possible penalties of rs1000 for the first time and Rs2000 subsequently.
- Necessary for any Motor Vehicle Insurance– A valid Pollution under Control Certificate is one of the mandatory documents that you need to have to renewal of your vehicle insurance
What is the PUC Test Procedure?
The procedure to receive Pollution under Control certificate is given as below:
- In case the vehicle is brand new, then the motor dealer who has sold you the car will then make arrangements to obtain the PUC parivahan
- In case of renewal, you need to go to the authorised petrol pump with your vehicle and go through the process mentioned there.
- In case of the diesel vehicles, the accelerator must be pressed fully. Then the readings of pollution levels are to be checked. This must be done five times and the average will be calculated and set as the final reading.
- In case of the petrol vehicles, the car is kept idling by not pressing the accelerator. A single reading is checked and this is known as the final reading.
- The prescribed authorities will scan and check the ejection pipe to the emission rate for the vehicle.
- You shall need to pay the fees after which the certificate will be given to you.
Check the pollution certificate validity mentioned in the previous section.
Fitness Certificate for Commercial Vehicles, Transport Vehicle
NOC for 10 year old diesel vehicle and NOC for 15 year old petrol vehicle from Delhi
Is PUC Certificate required for a Car?
Yes, you 100% require a Vahan Parivahan PUC certificate / Pollution Under Control Certificate for car. Your car should meet the following criteria, failing which it will be prohibited from the Indian roads.
|Year of Manufacturing of Car||Carbon Mono-oxide %||Hydrocarbon (measured in PPM)|
|4-Wheeler (manufactured according to Pre-Bharat Stage II Norms)||3||1500|
|4-Wheeler (manufactured according to Pre-Bharat Stage II and Subsequent Norms)||0.5||750|
Pollution under control certificate for bike
Yes, you 100% require a Pollution Under Control Certificate for bike. Your bike should meet the following criteria for PUC parivahan, failing which it will be prohibited from the Indian roads.
|Year of Manufacturing of Bike||Carbon Mono-oxide %||Hydrocarbon (measured in PPM)|
|2-Wheeler (2/4 stroke) manufactured before 31st March 2000||4.5||900|
|2-Wheeler 2 stroke manufactured after 31st March 2000||3.5||6000|
|2-Wheeler 4 Stroke manufactured after 31st March 2000||3.5||4500|
Re-Registration of Vehicle after 15 Years
FAQs for PUC certificate
You now have a better understanding of what is a PUC certificate is and how to get one and pollution certificate validity. Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions about PUC parivahan
1.What will happen if I don’t have a PUC certificate when the traffic department checks?
If the vehicle does not have a Pollution under Control certificate, you will be fined for Rs1000 fine and Rs2000 subsequently.
2.Is PUC Certificate compulsory to buy a Motor Insurance Policy?
Yes, a Pollution under Control Certificate is needed to buy Motor Insurance.
3.What documents should I have while driving?
- Pollution under Control certificate
- Registration certificate
- Driving license
- Insurance policy documents
4.How to check PUC certificate status?
You can now click here to check the status of the vahan parivahan PUC certificate/ pollution under control certificate.
5.Will I need a different PUC parivahan while visiting cities in India?
No, the Pollution Under Control Certificate/ PUC parivahan is valid throughout India.
6.Who can conduct a Pollution Under Control test?
The person conducting the PUC Parivahan test shall have a minimum qualification of a degree in motor mechanics or even automobile engineering issued by a recognised body.
7.Is PUC certificate required for all kinds of vehicles?
Yes, a Pollution under Control certificate is needed for both private and commercial vehicles as well.
Disclaimer: This article should not in what so ever manner be interpreted as legal advice. And this article is only to help the Indian residents, become aware. The above-mentioned details shall vary over time, so kindly visit the official website and verify before arriving at a decision.