Marriage certificate is undoubtedly one of the most vital documents you can carry. This essential piece of paper has the ability to prove the legal marital status of any married individual in India.Now if you live in Odisha and you are looking for a way to apply online for a valid marriage certificate Odisha, then keep reading ahead. Because in this blog, we are going to discuss all the important information pertaining to the online marriage certificate Odisha.
How to apply online for Marriage certificate Odisha?
The procedure to apply for an online marriage certificate Odisha is way simpler and easy-to-follow than doing the same thing offline. So, you have to do according to what these following steps instructs you to do:
- Open the e-municipality website of Odisha and click on the “apply for new marriage registration” option if you want to register your marriage online in Odisha.
- Next, create your account by filling out the requested details. Then log into your new account.
- The page will open with a list of documents you need for the Odisha marriage registration. Scroll down the page and then tap on the “Apply for marriage registration” option.
- The next page will open with the Marriage Registration form. So, fill all the details asked in the form and save the filled up details.
- Then Click on the “Next” button, upload the documents required, and submit the form.
- The site will generate a reference number after successfully submitting the form, which is very useful for checking the application status.
Eligibility For Marriage Certificate in Odisha
People who are applying for online marriage certificate Odisha should meet the following eligibility criteria enlisted below:
- The bride should be minimum 18 years old
- The groom should be minimum 21 years old
- The couple should be honest citizens of India. (Note: If any one of the couple is a foreigner, she/he should carry along a valid No Objection Certificate.)
- The couple should not be married to anyone else.
- The couple should be living in the district for a month minimum where they want to get their marriage registered.
Benefits of Marriage registration
Documents for a Marriage Registration In Odisha
You will need to prepare these following documents to apply for an online marriage certificate Odisha.
(Note: All these below-mentioned documents have to be attested by a legit notary officer or a gazetted officer while you submit them to the concerned Odisha authority.)
- Filled up “Application Form A” attested by the married couple.
- Original wedding invitation.
- Groom’s identity and age proof
- Bride’s identity and age proof
- Bride’s Father or Mother identity proof
- Groom’s Father or Mother identity proof
- Bride’s Legal Guardian of Bride identity proof
- Groom’s Legal Guardian identity proof
- Bride’s Witness identity proof
- Groom’s Witness identity proof
- Joint Affidavit of the couple
- Address proof or current holding tax receipt
- Marriage registration payment receipt
- A proofing document by the governing body, if the marriage was at a religious place.
- Self-attested decree of divorce photocopy attached to the form (depends)
- Death certificate photocopy attached to the form of the previously deceased wife/husband of the couple (depends)
- Joint wedding photograph of the couple
- A group photo featuring the married couple during the wedding with their own families.
If anyone from the couple or both hails from a foreign country, he/she will have to show these documents to the concerned Odisha authorities:
- Valid individual passports of the couple.
- Valid individual proof of address of the couple.
- Valid individual proof of address of minimum two foreign witnesses, and minimum two local witnesses of the couple.
- Valid individual proof of certification of the couple issued by a legit employer.
Check Online Marriage Certificate Odisha Status
Follow the process to check your marriage certificate status in Odisha:
- Go to Odisha marriage registration website: and choose the “view registration status” option.
- Then log into your account.
- Then select your services, enter your Application Id and tap on the “Status” button.
- The next page will show you your application status.
Download Marriage Certificate Odisha
After the application is submitted by the candidates, the authorities will verify them based upon the attached documents. Then the certificate will be signed digitally by the concerned authorities. And after that it will be dispatched to the candidates.
All of the updates regarding your registration will be updated at the official website: you will also be receiving an email or a text regarding the update in your registration certificate. You can then download marriage certificate Odisha from the official portal. You can also print this certificate out and keep it secured for future use.
Marriage Registration Odisha Fees
This is a table that shows how much marriage registration will cost you in Odisha:
|Service type||Fees (INR)|
|Registration through 1954 Special Marriage Act||150|
|Registration through 1955 Hindu Marriage Act||100|
|Treasury challan (within one month of marriage)||17|
|Treasury challan (after one month of marriage)||42|
Q1. Will my marriage registration certificate be a proof of my name change?
Ans. No, a marriage registration certificate simply records your name. So, don’t rely on it for being a proof of name change.
Q2. Within how many days will I get my marriage certificate in Odisha?
Ans. After you submit the form online, the authorities will verify everything and issue you the form after 3 days. But it may take upto 2 months at most.
Leave a Reply