Has your driving licence expired or about to expire and you are above the age of 50 years. In this article, we will talk about the process for renewal of driving license after 50 years. Itzeazy provides service for driving licence renewal. If you need any assistance we are happy to help you.
A driving licence is valid for 20 years or until the driver reaches the age of 50 in the case of non-transport vehicles. The transport vehicle licence is valid for three years from the date of renewal.
Documents required for Driving licence renewal after 50 years of age
Following are the documents required for Driving Licence renewal after 50 years of age :
- Original driving licence.
- Application form, i.e., Form 9.
- Form 1A (for Transport Vehicle owners) or Form 1 (for Non-Transport vehicles only).
- Proofs of age and address identification, such as a birth certificate, PAN card, Aadhaar card, voter ID, and so on.
Steps for renewal of driving license
For driving licence renewal after 50 years of age, visit your local RTO and get Form 9 or the licence renewal application form. Fill out your form correctly, according to the information on the documents.
Keep the following documents on hand:
- Original DL copies
- Form 1A, Form 1B, Form 1C, Form 1D, Form 1E
- Two passport-sized photographs
- Proof of age and proof of address
- All of these documents, along with Form 9, must be submitted.
- Finally, pay the price for renewing your driving licence. At the RTO, you must pay 50 for renewal and 200 for DL in Form 7.
Driving Licence Renewal After 50 years of age
The online method is the quickest way to renew your driving licence from the comfort of your own home. You can renew your DL from anywhere in the world via the internet. The steps for Driving Licence renewal after 50 years of age online procedure is listed below:
- Log on to the official RTO website https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/ and Click on the ‘Online Services’ section from the main menu.
- Now choose ‘Driving Licence Related Services.’
- In the following window, select “State”.
- Then, select ‘DL Renewal.’ Following that, an instruction page will appear, along with a link to download Form 1A. Download the form and then click ‘Continue.’
- You must now provide your DL number and date of birth before clicking ‘Proceed.’
- Fill in the ‘Category of the Driving Licence Holder,’ ‘State,’ and ‘RTO or Pin.’
- Now, click ‘Proceed’ to ‘Confirm’ your information.
- Then choose ‘DL Renewal’ to produce an acknowledgment. Finally, make a print of it.
What is the fee for the renewal of a Driving Licence?
Following is the fees required for the Driving Licence renewal after 50 years of age :
For Renewal of Driving Licence
|For Issue driving licence for each class of vehicle||
Driving Licence in Form 7
|Fee for issuing Driving Licence for any other class of vehicle||
How to check the renewal status of Driving Licence?
After submitting an application for a DL renewal, following is the procedure to check status of Driving Licence renewal :
- First, go to the official Parivahan Sewa website. From the top menu, select ‘Online Services.’ Then, select ‘Driving Licence Related Services.’
- A window will open in which you must select ‘State.’ Choose Punjab from the dropdown menu.
- Then, from the top menu’s right end corner, click ‘Application Status.’
- Finally, provide your ‘Application Number,’ ‘DOB,’ ‘Captcha,’ and ‘Submit’ information.
What are the points you should keep in mind while driving licence renewal?
following are the points you should keep in mind applying for Driving Licence renewal after 50 years of age:
- If your licence expires, you have 30 days to renew it.
- While renewing, keep all documentation close to hand.
- Make sure to thoroughly fill out all of the details as specified in your documentation.
We have finally given all of the information about the DL renewal process. Renewing your DL is critical since it permits you to continue driving your vehicle on Indian roads after it has expired. So, you can check the following information about renewing your driving licence on this page.
I hope all the information about the Driving Licence renewal after 50 years of age is clear. But if still you have any query regarding this you can mention that in the comment box.`
You can book order online. For any query or concern please speak to one of our relationship manager over phone or chat. You can also write to us. We will get back to you.