If you are planning to travel to China,it is necessary to get China visa from India for your trip. China has different types of visas for various purposes. Obtaining a China visa for Indians is an entirely offline process rather than an online one. Many people, however, are unaware of the exact procedure. Therefore this blog will help you for getting China tourist visa from India along with requirements for China visa for Indians.
Type of China Visa for Indians
When applying for China Visa for Indians, there are various types of visas from India available:
- C Visa: For people and their families who want to work in China, regardless of the mode of transportation.
- D Visa: This visa is for those who want to live in China.
- F Visa: This visa is for short-term visits, tourism, and related purposes for visitors to China.
- G Visa: For using China as a transit point.
- J Visa: There are two types of J visas. J1 is for journalists planning to cover news in China for more than 180 days, while J2 is for those covering news for less than 180 days.
- L Visa: This is China tourist visa from India
- M Visa: For commercial and trade activities in China or intending to take part in such activities.
- Q Visa: For individuals with family connections to Chinese citizens or permanent residents. Q1 is for longer stays (over 180 days), and Q2 is for shorter stays (under 180 days).
- R Visa: For skilled, qualified, or talented individuals for their expertise in China.
- S Visa: Like a dependent visa, this visa is for relatives of individuals working or studying in China. S1 is for longer stays (over 180 days), and S2 is for shorter stays (under 180 days).
- X Visa: This visa is for individuals who wish to study in China. X1 is for longer stays (over 180 days), and X2 is for shorter stays (under 180 days).
- Z Visa: This visa is required for individuals seeking employment in China.
How to get China visa from India?
There is no online procedure to apply for China Visa for Indians and other type China Tourist visa from India, hence, you need to either submit the documents personally at the China embassy in India or send it via post.
- First, you need to download the Visa application form from the website.
- Fill the form carefully, attach the photograph and sign the form accordingly
- Collect all the prepared documents required
- Visit the China embassy or send via FedEx
- The embassy accepts the application is the citizen is present in India physically. It will deny the application if an applicant is not physically present in India.
- If the Visa Application Centre (VAC) is not nearby then prepare the application before 1-month but not earlier than 3-month
- For a smooth process, the VAC encourages you to take an appointment for submitting an application.
- Be punctual if there is already an appointment; else take a token number for your turn.
- When your token number announced, submit the form at the counter
- You will receive a pick-up form or receipt in which the expected date of pick-up will be mentioned.
- You can pay the fee at the time of visa collection including service of VAC through Demand draft or cash
Chinese Embassy Address in India
Concourse Floor, Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Shivaji Stadium Metro Station, New Delhi -110001 India
*once you receive your visa, do check your name, DOB, passport number, validity, and other details
*never mention wrong information in the visa application form otherwise your visa will be cancelled
* a fee will be charged as per China Embassy per person along with an additional charge of VAC at your location.
In case you use a third party for visa application, choose a reliable service
- Note down your tracking number
- Include all the documents to prevent the delay of the process
- The embassy will inform you in case there is a fault in the documents
- You do not need to visit the VAC to collect your application
- A postal application does not require cash or a Demand draft. You can use a debit/credit card for payment.
- For this, download the form and fill in the debit and credit card details. Post this form along with the Visa application form.
- The VAC will deduct the required fee and will send you the receipt along with Visa.
- For post facility, you need to send a prepaid-self address envelope along with the application form.
- To track your visa, you are advised to note down your tracking number
China Visa Requirements from India
The documents required for China Visa for Indians are-
- Passport with 6-months validity and 2-blank pages
- Xerox copy of passport including data and photographs
- Complete Chinese Visa-application form with 2-photograph attached to it.
- The photograph should cover 80% of the face in the white or light background
- Proof of resident
China tourist visa from India
Documents required for China tourist visa from India-
- If you are employed, provide original bank or company statements as proof of income for financial support.
- Information on booked tickets, including a return ticket and its Xerox
- Hotel booking confirmation or staying with a friend
*If you plan to stay at a friend’s house, you may need to apply for a Private Visa of Type S2 OR show proof of a legitimate ongoing relationship with a Chinese friend.
China Business Visa from India
Documents required for China business visa from India-
- Cover letter of the company mentioning company profile, Travel dates, the purpose of visit, and detail of passenger (name, DOB, and passport number)
- Invitation letter mentioning meeting purpose and details of the passenger (mentioned above) on the letterhead of the company in China. Also signature and company seal on the letterhead.
- 6-months updated original Bank statement
- Air tickets
China visa fees 2023
Planning a trip to China? Here’s a comprehensive guide to the China visa fees 2023 you need to know before you embark on your journey
|China Visa Category||Fee in Rupees (INR)*|
|Single Entry Visa||3,900|
|Double Entry Visa||5,850|
|Multiple Entry Visa valid for 6 months||7,800|
|Multiple Entry Visa valid for 1 year||11,700|
- If the applicant wishes to collect their visa on the next working day following the date of application, an additional fee of Rs.1,800 will be levied.
Application Service Fees:
|Service Type||Processing Time||Fee in Rupees (INR)*|
|Regular Service||4 working days||1,652|
|Express Service||Next working day||2,478|
|Postal Service||Normal service||2,478|
Make sure to allocate the appropriate funds for your China visa application, including the visa fees and optional service charges. Enjoy your journey to this vibrant destination!
What is the processing time for a China visa from India ?
The processing time for a China visa is typically around 8 days in normal circumstances from India. However, if you require an express visa, there will be an additional fee charged for expedited processing.
How to check the status of a China visa application?
The Chinese Visa Application Service Centre provides a 24-hour online facility to track the status of your application. You can visit the official VFS global website “track your application status page ”
Does China allow tourist visas for Indians?
Yes, Indians can now obtain China tourist visa.