Passport - Documents Required
Passport - FAQ
1. What is the process for issue of Passport under Normal scheme ?
For passport under Normal scheme one should apply to the passport office under the jurisdiction of which it falls. Applicant will be allotted a date and time slot for document verification and further processing . After this there will be police verification . If it is positive passport will be issued.
2. What is the process for issue of Passport under Tatkal scheme?
If somebody needs passport urgently , he/she can apply for Passport under Tatkal scheme . For this other than the documents required under normal scheme , applicant will have to arrange Annexure 'F' ( certificate) from class I officer and Annexure 'I' (Affidavit ) . Under Tatkal scheme in one week time passport is issued.
3. What are the documents required to apply for Passport ?
Following are the documents required to apply for the passport :
4. Which are the documents acceptable as Proof of Address ?
Following are the documents acceptable as proof of Address :
5. Which are the documents acceptable as Proof of Date of Birth ?
Following are the documents acceptable as proof of Date of Birth :