According to the Motor Vehicles Act , having a driving license is mandatory for all individuals who are driving a vehicle. Despite the importance of owning a driving license, sometimes you may misplace it or lose it. In such a situation of lost original driving licence, you can apply for a duplicate driving license in Bangalore. RTO Bangalore provides online process to apply for the duplicate without going to the RTO office.
Duplicate Driving License - Documents Required
Duplicate Driving License - FAQ
1. Can application for duplicate Driving license can be submitted in RTO other than the RTO from where it was issued ?
No, It can be applied only in the RTO office from where it was issued .
2. I do not have copy of lost Driving License or dont remember Driving License number . What should I do ?
In such scenario it is advisable to go for fresh license as getting record of old Driving license would not be possible.
3. What happens If my current address is different from the address mentioned in the lost Driving license?
Address will be changed in the new driving license issued provided you provide supporting documents for new address.
4. Is it possible to obtain a soft copy of my duplicate driver's licence?
Yes, the DigiLocker programme allows you to download a soft copy of your driver's licence. You only need to form an account, sign in using the mobile number you used to register for a duplicate driver's licence and download a softcopy
5. What will be the validity of duplicate Driving Licence ?
Duplicate driving licence will have the same validity as your original Driving Licence. All the information on duplicate Driving Licence will be the same as the original, If you haven’t applied for correction or renewal of your DL.
6. Do I have to pass a driving test once again while applying for a duplicate Driving Licence ?
You need to undergo through driving test again, if your driving licence has expired more than one before. You don’t have to go through a driving test again while applying for a duplicate licence if its still valid.