Marriage Certificate Online-Mumbai
Where you can go wrong while applying online for Marriage Certificate in Mumbai?
- Before you proceed, make sure that you have all proofs/documents in English/Hindi/Marathi. If any of your proof is in any other language than these, kindly get it translated by authorized person.
This piece of relevant information is generally not provided and hence can be time consuming.
- In case your wedding card is in any other language, go to any advocate, get it translated, and notarized.
This bit requires more time and patience and translation skills.
- If bride and bridegroom are from different cities/states, please get affidavit certificate. You will require an advocate (Borivali Court) for this task who will charge nominally.
This part requires travel and search and negotiating skills.
- To apply online, go to Welcome to The Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai and follow the path: citizen services-health services-marriage registration-apply here. Do not use any browser other than internet explorer. Their payment gateway does not work properly with other browsers.
This segment demands great patience and self-control, along with good connectivity and secure connection and uninterrupted power supply.
- Enter details carefully. It must be same as printed in your original proofs. Even a single letter difference will not be accepted at the time of verification.
Be ready to encounter Sherlock Holmes for this segment.
- If you are choosing Aadhar card as a resident proof, make sure that whole copy of Aadhar card, along with the printing date (which is printed vertically on all Aadhar cards) is must. Also, that date must be of before date of marriage. For example, if I got married on 28/2/2016 then Aadhar card must have the printing date before 28/2/2016.
You are in for more trouble if you are not fortunate enough with the dates. You might unnecessarily suffer for few more days as sufficient information is not available wrt above.
- After submission of all the details, upload scanned copies of all documents you have enlisted in the checklist.
This section requires computer knowledge, both software and hardware!!
- Then go for payment. Complete the payment. Payment receipt and form D will be sent on your email ID.
- Appointment date is normally the next working day of date of payment. So if you are outside Mumbai, submit online form just one day before the day you want an appointment. Second and fourth Saturdays are off for all Government offices. So decide accordingly.
Keep a keen eye on your calendar.
10. After receiving mail, get hard copies of relevant documents printed. Keep your original documents ready.
This fragment requires a bit of more work and time from your part.
11. It is essential to take the signature of the priest who solemnized the marriage in printed form. Stick all photographs in printed form.
Not only the involved parties but also the signature of the priest is equally important, so make sure you don’t lose touch with him till you register your marriage.
12. DO NOT SIGN. Sign must be done in front of registrar.
Alert! Alert! Alert!
13. Get these things (printed payment receipt, form D, self-attested photocopies of proofs, original copies of the same, all three witnesses with their original proofs, wedding card/affidavit/notary etc.) ready and visit marriage registrar office.
If you manage to jump all hurdles and reach this stage, your hard work and patience is commendable.
- Time for registration is 10:30 to 12:30 only. So visit as early as possible.
- Once the marriage officer checks all the details, he will verify photocopies with originals. He will ask for signatures and thumbprints of bride, bridegroom and witnesses.
Congratulations!! Against all odds – You have done it!
- You will get mail if your application gets approved. Then you have to pay finally for marriage registration. After payment you’ll receive certificate.
The E-Way gets you a Marriage Certificate finally!!!!
The ItzEazy Way –
Online Marriage Registration – Mumbai
- Place order
- Make 50% payment online
- Upload documents for pre-check
- Door-step delivery of application form
- Get signature of 3 witness on the form
- Scheduling of appointment for marriage registration
- Make 50% balance payment
- Visit of husband, wife to SDM office for verification purpose
- Marriage certificate issued & delivered
- Order closed
Marriage Registration – Documents Required
- Documentary evidence of date of birth of parties (Matriculation Certificate/Passport/Birth Certificate)
- Address Proof of husband or wife whose area SDM has been approached for the marriage certificate (Voter-id/Passport/ Aadhar card/ Driving License)
- Aadhar card of both husband & wife
- Affidavit by both the parties stating place and date of marriage, date of birth, marital status at the time of marriage and nationality.
- Two passport size photographs of both the parties and one marriage photograph
- Marriage invitation card
- If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage
- 2 witness having ID card & photograph
- Attested copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
- In case one of the parties belong to other than Hindu, Buddhist, Jain and Sikh religions, a conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage (in case of Hindu Marriage Act).
For more information please visit www.itzeazy.in