Court marriage Delhi is one of the specialized service of Itzeazy. It facilitates in the court marriage procedure in Delhi end to end . So if you want to go for a Court marriage rather than a traditional one here is information for you such as court marriage Delhi, court marriage procedure in Delhi, court marriage in Delhi fees, register marriage Delhi, one day court marriage in Delhi.
Court marriages are solemnized under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Court marriage can be performed between an Indian male and a female irrespective of their caste, religion or creed. It can also be solemnized between an Indian and a foreigner. The procedure of the Court marriages does away with the rituals and ceremonies of the traditional marriages.
The parties belonging to same or different religion can directly apply to the Marriage Registrar for performance and registration of marriage and grant of marriage certificate. SDMs/ADMs/Deputy Commissioners have been authorized as Marriage Officers for registration purpose.
Visit the concerned “marriage officer” of the locality where either the bride or groom or both resides. Get the forms. You should have the following documents ready for an intended marriage.
Documents required for Court Marriage
- Application form duly filled and signed by the bride and the groom.
- A nominal Fee for applying for marriage is to be deposited with cashier of District and the receipt should be attached with the form.
- Documentary evidence of date of birth of both parties (Matriculation Certificate/Passport/Birth Certificate).
- Documentary evidence regarding stay in that area of one of the parties for more than 30 days (ration card, voter I card, passport or report from the concerned SHO).
- Separate affidavits from bride and groom giving:
- Date of birth.
- Present marital status: unmarried/widower/ divorcee.
- Affirmation that the parties are not related to each other within the degree of prohibited relationship defined in the Special Marriage Act.
6. Passport size photographs of both parties (2 copies each).
7. Copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
IMPORTANT: All documents needs to be attested by Gazetted Officer.
Court Marriage procedure in Delhi
For solemnization of marriage, presence of both parties is required after submission of documents of issuance of notice of intended marriage.
Court Marriage Application Form
A copy of the notice is pasted on the office notice board by the Marriage officer. Any person may within 30 days of issue of notice, file objection to the intended marriages. In such a case, the Marriage officer shall not solemnize the marriage until he has decided the objection, within 30 days of its receipt. If the marriage officer refuses to solemnize the marriage, any of the parties may file an appeal within 30 days to the District Court.
In case no objection is received, the marriage officer solemnizes the marriage after 30 days of the notice.
Both parties along with 3 witnesses are required to be present on the date of solemnization of marriage. It is advisable to submit names of witnesses’ at least one day in advance.
The fee for the court marriage is negligible and the waiting period is nearly a month.
9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on any working day.
Fees for Marriage Registration Certificate
The fee for marriage registration certificate in Delhi is as follows:
- 100 in the event of Hindu Marriage Act
- 150 in the event of Special Marriage Act
The fees are to be deposited with the cashier of District and the receipt must be attached with the application form.
For more information log on to https://itzeazy.in/delhi/marriage-registration/court-marriage-in-delhi