You would like to change the address in your Driving License under two circumstances. First case, you are changing the address from one place to another within the same city and the other case, the address change is from one state or city to another.
Documents required for changing address in Driving License
1. Change of address form
2. Form No. – 7 ( called as Computer Form)
3. Post cover (As your DL will be dispatched through postal services)
4. Passport-size photograph
5. Current address proof (Passport, Utility bills like electricity, water or telephone bills, Ration Card, Aadhaar Card)
6. NOC (in case of address change from one city or state to another)/CC (in case of address change from one place to another within the same city) from the RTO from where you attained your driving licence
How to change address in Driving License
Individuals who have shifted their residential address will have to make an application to their respective Regional Transport Office to reflect the change in their driving licence. For individuals who shift from one state to another, an NOC will be mandatory to make changes to their address, while individuals who have shifted their residential address to a town or city in the same state can simply submit a CC and have the necessary changes made.
The process is as follows:
- Get the address change form from the nearest RTO.
- Fill Form No – 7 (called as Computer Form).
- Fill (1) and (2), and submit to the RTO along with current address proof.
- Meet an official at the Driving Licence section of the RTO where a superintendent will verify all your documents and inform how much money you will have to pay to make changes in the DL.
- Pay the fees and you will receive a receipt at the fee counter.
- Then the superintendent will approve for bio-metric photo. After this, submit your file in the same section and obtain acknowledgement. (Double check if your photo has been properly clicked and the file number written in the form after clicking your photo is correct. You don’t want any other person’s photo in your DL)
Once you have completed the aforementioned procedure, your updated driving licence will be sent to your residential address via the Indian postal services within 30 days after you make an application.
Driving License Change of address cost
Smart Card fee – ₹. 200/- + Change of address fee – ₹. 20/-
Driving License Change of address cost duration
Approximately 30 days.
For more information log on to www. itzeazy.in