One of the second largest metropolitan cities in Maharashtra, Pune is known for its massive rise in Information and Technology segment. More companies are setting up their offices in Pune to increase the number of local amenities. The World Bank and other German industries are hugely investing in Pune to make it a hub destination in near future.
There is also a pragmatic shift in the local governance and administration department of the city. Not only the services are being offered in accordance to resident’s convenience but in fact e-facilities are aimed towards saving resources and time of the applicants.
More and more couples are opting for civil ceremony of marriage minimizing the religious content and saving time and resources. Such marriages are carried out at registrar offices in various districts of Pune. However, rights and obligations intrinsic to matrimony are followed to completely align with law and order.
For those who have already performed wedding ceremony, then mere applying for the marriage certificate by filling marriage registration form in the prescribed format is required. Applicant can also do court marriage in Pune by following procedure and then can apply for marriage document as well.
Eligibility for application of Marriage Registration in Pune –
- Bridegroom must have completed 21 years of age.
- Bride must have completed 18 years of age.
Besides this, intended relationship should not be under the degrees of prohibited relationship. Applicants below the given age are denied marriage registration in Maharashtra.
Checklist of documents required to register marriage in Pune (Maharashtra) –
- Completely filled Application Form, duly signed by both bridegroom and bride.
- Original Wedding Card (if marriage is already solemnized) – If the card is not available then attach ₹. 100 stamp affidavit for both parties along with ₹. 100 court fees.
- Documentary evidence of Eligibility/Date of Birth (DoB) of both parties which includes 10th Standard mark sheet with birth date on it, Aadhaar Card, Recent Passport, Birth Certificate, PAN card and Voter ID Card.
- Address Proof of husband or wife whose area SDM has been approached for the marriage certificate. Documents such as Passport, Driving License, House Rent Agreement, Telephone Bill, Ration Card, Voter ID Card, Electricity bill or any other government issued ID card is acceptable as residential proof. Address proof is required separately by both the parties.
- Photographs – Both groom and bride must submit 2 passport size photographs each. Take 2B size photographs in blue or white background. It is advisable to have extra photographs copies to avoid any last minute hurdle. 6 Copies of joint photographs of bride and groom in the marriage dress (2B size) and are clearly seen taking part in the marriage ceremony (preferably with their families) must be submitted too.
- Witness – At least 3 witnesses’ who attended the couple’s wedding must be present along with their photographs and ID proofs that include Passport or Ration Card, or Aadhaar card, at the time of issuing of marriage certificate.
- In case of widow/widower remarriage death certificate of the spouse is required at the time of registration.
- Divorcee must submit a copy of the Divorce order in case of remarriage registration.
- Non-objection certificate must be submitted in case the applicant is a foreign national.
- A copy of Conversion Certificate in case of religion other than that mentioned in the Hindu Marriage Act (Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, Sikh).
- A certificate from the priest in case the marriage was solemnized in a religious place.
- Affidavit in case of name change of bride after the marriage.
- The newspaper in which the information of the bride’s name change was published.
- All documents must be self-attested.
- At least one of the applicants must have government issued residence proof.
- Carry the original documents for the officer to verify.
Marriage Registration Process in Pune:
Under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
Marriages of couples belonging to any caste under Hindu religion are eligible to be registered. This act only applies to already solemnized wedding but not registered.
Couples need to immediately apply for the certificate preceding the date of their marriage and appear before the registrar in whose jurisdiction the marriage has been solemnized or the jurisdiction either party has been residing at least for six months, accompanied with their parents and witnesses within 1 month.
- The parties (married) must obtain a form in order to apply for registration which has to be filled in and submitted within a specified period time along with all the mandatory documents and a prescribed fee at the registrar office.
- The marriage certificate can be obtained within 7 days of registration.
- The form filling procedure can also be done online.
Under Special Marriage Act, 1954
Both the parties could belong to any religion. This Act covers both marriage solemnizing and registration. However, the procedure is complex.
An application needs to be submitted to the registering office, which when received a notice is put up in his office. If no objection to the marriage is received within 30 days, the marriage is registered.
- In case of ‘Court Marriage’ both parties submit a joint application along with the relevant documents at the registrar office.
- After a month notice, the parties along with three witnesses must appear in front of the registrar on a given fixed date.
- Signatures of the two parties and witnesses are obtained on the official documents. The marriage is solemnized and a certificate is issued in this regard.
“Marriage Registration Certificate establishes the existence of a marriage.”
Marriage Registration Pune:
To get your marriage registered in Pune, you can walk into the nearest registration office with the set of necessary documents. Court marriage in Pune is usually solemnized in the Joint Registrar Offices and not in the ward offices.
One can obtain marriage registration certificate online in Pune by logging on to http://igrmaharashtra.gov.in/ . In case you have lost your marriage certificate and wish to obtain a duplicate copy of the marriage registration certificate, then you will have to visit the sub-registrar office personally with all the necessary documents. For example, if you live in Yerwada and wish to apply for a marriage certificate then you will have to visit the respective marriage registration office in Yerwada to avail the document.
Marriage Registration Offices in Pune –
Issuance of Marriage Certificate (Pune) is done in the following ward offices on the submission of relevant documents. Following is the list of marriage registration offices in Pune which are classified into wards and set-up across different locations within the city:
- Aundh Ward Office Indo Breman Chowk, Aundh Body Gate, Pune-411007
- Kothrud Ward Office Golden Hind Building, Behind Paranjpe School New D.P.Road, Kothrud, Pune-411029
- Ghole Road Ward Office Near Pune Municipal Corporation Press, Ghole Road, Pune-411004
- Warje Karve Nagar Ward Office Swapnashilp Commercial Building, Pune-411038
- Dhole Patil Ward Office Dhole Patil Market Building, Pune-411001
- Yerwada Ward Office Rationing Office, Nagar road, Yerwada, Pune-411006
- Sangamwadi Ward Office Rationing Office, Nagar road, Yerwada, Pune-411006
- Bhavani Peth Ward Office General Arunkumar Vaidya Stadium Building, Bhavani Peth, Pune-411042
- Kasba Vishram Bagwada Ward Office Pune Municipal Commercial Complex, Near ShaniPar, Pune-411030
- Tilak Road Ward Office Shivajirao Dhere Udyog Bhavan, Tilak Road, Pune-411030
- Sahakarnagar Ward Office Utsav Building Corner, Near Market Yard Corner, Pune-411037
- Hadpsar Ward Office Pandit Nehru Udyog Bhavan, Hadpsar, Pune-411028
- Bibwewadi Ward Office Utsav Building Corner, Near Market yard Corner, Pune-411037
- Dhankwadi Ward Office Near Old Katraj Naka, Katraj, Pune-411046
- Joint District Registrar & Collector of Stamps Pune Urban Pushpa Heights, 2nd Floor, Bibewadi Corners, Pune-37, Pune City 020-24216333
- Joint District Registrar & Collector of Stamps Pune Rural Pushpa Mangal, 2nd Floor, Bibewadi Corners, Pune-37, Pune Rural 020-24216233
Apart from these, here is the list of the ward offices which come under the Pimpri-Chinchwad jurisdiction:
A Ward Office
This ward provides Civil, Water, Electricity, Health facility to the citizen.
Address: Nigadi, Pune
Nigadi 411044 Maharashtra India
Contact No. : 27657870, 27656621
Ext. No. : 34
B Ward Office
This ward is responsible for providing services like water supply, Public health, Sewerage and Drainage, Road and Building Maintenance, Electricity and Marriage Registration, etc.
Address: Chaphekar Chowk, Chinchwad
Pune 411033 Maharashtra India
Contact No. : 020-27351894, 020-27350153
Ext. No. : 215
C ward office
This ward provides services like Civil, Water, Electricity, Health facility to the citizen.
Address: Neharunagar ,Bhosari, 26
Pune 411039 Maharashtra India
Contact No. : 27127777, 27122969
D Ward Office
This ward provides services like Civil, Water, Electricity, Health facility to the citizen.
Address: Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, Rahatni
Pune 411017 Maharashtra India
Contact No. : 27277898, 27278107
Ext. No. : 218
Samples of Marriage Registration Application Form:
For more information log on to www.itzeazy.in
“Marriage is a gift from God to us. The quality of marriage is a gift from us to Him.”