Countries which offer E-Visa to Indian Citizens
E-visa stands for Electronic Visa. It is simply a visa that you can apply for on your own through a country’s visa website and are no different from other forms of travel visas. You can complete the application online and can apply for an e-visa at any time before your upcoming trip. If you don’t have an e-visa when you arrive in one of the countries which require it, you may be subject to a fine or may not be allowed to enter at all.
The following documents are required when applying for an E-visa:
- A valid passport with a minimum validity for 6 months.
- Passport size photographs.
- A printed copy of your e-visa.
- Invitation letter (if any)
- Medical insurance cover for the period of stay
- Proof of hotel reservations
- Confirmed return air tickets
The following countries require an E-Visa to enter the country:
- Angola- Angola is a country in Central Africa. Indian visitors must first apply for a pre-visa with the Migration and Foreigners Service online and after the pre-visa is granted they can obtain a visa on arrival at the Luanda Airport. This visa is valid for 30 days. All applicants must submit their proof of accommodation in the country, a return flight ticket and the international certificate of vaccination. The fee for an Ordinary Visa is INR 2100, a Business Visa is INR 5000 and a Residence Visa is INR 6000.
- Antigua and Barbuda- Present in the Caribbean, Antigua and Barbuda comprises its 2 namesake islands and several smaller ones and is known for its reef-lined beaches, rainforests and resorts. Indian citizens will have to apply for an E-Visa by paying a fee of INR 2800. Once approved, the visitor will be allowed to stay for a maximum period of 30 days.
- Armenia- Armenia is a former Soviet republic present between Asia and Europe and is known as a religious and pilgrimage site. Armenia allows the visitor to stay up to 120 days in the country by applying for an E-Visa. The visa processing fee is just INR 400.
- Azerbaijan- Bounded by the Caspian Sea and Caucasus Mountains on either side, Azerbaijan, a former Soviet republic, is famed for its medieval walled Inner City, Palace of the Shirvanshahs and Maiden Tower. Indians can get an e-visa to visit the country that is valid for a period of 30 days. The visa application fee is approximately INR 4000.
- Bahrain- Bahrain is a country in the Middle East comprising more than 30 islands and is famed for its rich and vibrant markets. Indian nationals can obtain an E-Visa to the country by paying a fee of INR 5000. This visa is valid for a period of 90 days.
- Cambodia- Cambodia is a Southeast Asian nation known for its art deco Central Market, glittering Royal Palace and the National Museum’s historical and archaeological exhibits. Indians can apply for an E-visa which is valid for 30 days by paying an application fee of INR 2000.
- Côte d’Ivoire- Côte d’Ivoire or ‘Ivory Coast’ is a West African country famed for its beach resorts, rainforests, French-colonial legacy and architecture. An Indian visitor can obtain an E-visa when landing at Port Bouet Airport. This visa is valid for 3 months and costs INR 5800. Visitors also require the yellow fever certificate of vaccination.
- Djibouti- It is a country in East Africa renowned for its dry shrub lands, volcanic formations, Gulf of Aden beaches and Lake Assal, one of the saltiest bodies of water in the world. Indians can obtain an E-Visa valid for 30 days by paying an application fee of INR 6500.
- Ethiopia- Ethiopia, in the Horn of Africa, is a rugged, landlocked country and a place of ancient culture. It is rich in archaeological finds and ruins of an ancient city with obelisks, tombs and castles. An E-Visa can be obtained by a visitor for a maximum period of stay 30 days by paying an application fee of INR 3500.
- Gabon- Known for its rich cover of wilderness and rainforest, Gabon is a country along the Atlantic Coast of Africa. A tourist can obtain an E- Visa for a period of 30 days on the condition that the visa holder arrives via Libreville International Airport. The visa processing fee is INR 5100.
- Georgia- A country found at the intersection of Europe and Asia, Georgia is renowned for its Black Sea beaches, Vardzia (a sprawling cave monastery dating back to the 12th century) and the ancient wine-growing region of Kakheti. A tourist can obtain an E-Visa for a period of 30 days by paying an application fee of approximately INR 1500.
- Guinea-Bissau- It is a tropical country in West Africa famed for its biosphere reserve, national parks and wildlife. An E-Visa can be obtained by a tourist for a period of 90 days by paying an application fee of INR 5800.
- Kenya- It is an East African country encompassing the savannah, lake-lands, the dramatic Great Rift Valley and mountain highlands. An Indian national can obtain an E-Visa for a period of 3 months by paying an application fee of INR 3500. Visitors also need to carry the certificate of yellow fever vaccination.
- Kyrgyzstan- A central Asian country, Kyrgyzstan is home to the snow leopard, lynx, sheep and an old large bazaar that was once a part of the Silk Route between China and the Mediterranean. Indians can apply for an E-Visa for period up to 90 days by paying an application processing fee of INR 2700.
- Lesotho- Crisscrossed by a network of rivers and mountain ranges, Lesotho is a landlocked country in South Africa. Electronic visas are processed within 72 hours allowing visitors with a single-entry visa to remain for a maximum period of 44 days. The approximate cost of the E-Visa is INR 10,000.
- Malaysia- Malaysia, a melting pot of Malay, Chinese, Indian and European cultures, is a Southeast Asian country known for its beaches, rainforests and wilderness. Indian citizens are allowed either an Electronic Visa (eVisa) or an Electronic Travel Registration and Information (eNTRI) valid for 30 days. The processing fee is INR 4000.
- Myanmar- Myanmar is a Southeast Asian nation consisting of more than 100 ethnic groups and is famed for its vibrant markets, numerous parks and lakes, and the towering, decorated Shwedagon Pagoda. A tourist can apply for an evisa which is issued within 3 working days and is valid for 90 days from the date of issue. It allows a stay for up to 28 days (for tourists) or 70 days (for business travellers) and costs INR 3500 for tourists and INR 4700 for business travellers.
- Qatar- Qatar is a peninsular country in the Middle East known for its futuristic skyscrapers, ultramodern architecture, long shoreline and sand dunes. Indians can obtain an E-visa by paying a processing fee of INR 9999 for visitors below the age of 55 years and INR 15,999 for visitors above the age of 55 years. This visa allows the visitor to stay for a period of 30 days in the country.
- Rwanda- Rwanda is a landlocked East African country with a lush green and mountainous landscape. Indian nationals can apply for an e-visa valid for a stay of 30 days that is processed within 3 working days. The visa can be obtained by paying a processing fee of INR 3400.
- São Tomé and Príncipe- São Tomé and Príncipe is an African island nation very close to the equator. It is part of a volcano chain featuring striking rock and coral formations, rainforests, lagoons and beaches. Indian visitors may obtain an E-Visa online through the eVisaST system and it will be processed within 7 working days. The processing fee is INR 4300.
- Singapore- A global financial centre, Singapore has a tropical climate, multicultural population and is one of the most popular travel destinations. Indian passport holders may obtain an E-visa to Singapore from a verified visa agency. Visa is normally issued in 1 working day, and the applicant can travel with only a printout of the e-visa. The visa processing fee is INR 2000.
- Sri Lanka- Sri Lanka is an island nation found to the south of India and is known for its landscapes ranging from rainforest and arid plains to highlands and sandy beaches. Indian nationals can obtain a visa on arrival after obtaining and Electronic Travel authorization. For tourists the visa processing fee is INR 1500 and for business travellers, the cost is INR 2000.
- Tajikistan- Known for its rugged mountains, this Central Asian country is popular for hiking and climbing. Tajikistan is also famed for the Iskanderkulsky Nature Refuge and the turquoise lake made by glaciers. Indians can get an E-Visa valid for a stay of 45 days by paying a processing fee of INR 3400.
- Uganda- A landlocked country in East Africa, Uganda is known for its diverse landscape and the breath taking sights of the snow-capped Rwenzori Mountains, the vast Lake Victoria, the Remote Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and the Murchison Falls National Park. Indian nationals can get an E-Visa to visit the country for a maximum period of stay of 3 months. The E-Visa facility is set to replace the Visa on Arrival facility and costs INR 6700.
- Vietnam- Vietnam is a country in Southeast Asia, on the South China Sea, famed for its beaches, rivers, Buddhist pagodas, bustling cities and vibrant culture and cuisine. The e-visas have a cost of INR 1700 and are granted for single entry visits for up to 30 days to Indian nationals who apply online.
- Zambia- This landlocked country of rugged terrain and diverse wildlife in East Africa is famed for its many parks, safari areas and most importantly, Victoria Falls on the Zambezi River. Indian passport holders are eligible for an E-Visa for a period of stay of 90 days that costs INR 3400 for a single entry.
- Zimbabwe- A landlocked country in South Africa, Zimbabwe is known for its dramatically diverse landscape, rich and abundant wildlife, parks, reserves, safari areas, and Victoria Falls on the Zambezi River at the border it shares with Zambia. Indian citizens may apply for all types of visas such as tourist visa, business visa, residential visa and study visa online through the eVisa system of the Zimbabwe Department of Immigration which is usually processed in 2 working days. The visa allows a stay of 30 days and costs approximately INR 2000.
- Hong Kong- Hong Kong is an autonomous territory in South Eastern China. It is known as a vibrant, thickly populated urban centre, a major port and a global financial hub having a skyline defined by skyscrapers. Indian nationals can travel to Hong Kong without a visa for a period of 14 days as long as they have done the required Pre-arrival Registration online (PAR).