Turkey visa for Indians is required if he/she wants to visit Turkey for Tourism/business purpose. Short Stay Travel visas are granted to people who wish to enter Turkey for tourism, travel and leisure purposes. Visitors are allowed to stay in Turkey for a predetermined amount of time. These visas do not permit the holder to work or engage in any business activities in the host country. Thus, in case you are travelling for tourism purposes, you must use the travel visa application which is valid for travel period of less than 30 days.
A business visa allows the bearer to enter a foreign country and engage in business activities without joining that country’s labour force, temporarily or permanently. Typically, the visitors must show that they are not receiving any income from the country. Indian passport holders are granted Turkey business visas to meet with heads of business corporations, to participate in a scientific, educational, or professional meetings and conferences, to work out an estate or to negotiate an agreement in Turkey. This is valid for a period less than 30 days. If the applicant intends to participate in gainful professional activities, even if the work is not financially rewarded, they will have to apply for a work permit to Turkey.
In order to be able to enter the Republic of Turkey, all Indian passport holders will be required to have an electronic visa (e-visa) or a sticker visa issued by a Turkish diplomatic or consular mission abroad.
Indian Citizens applying for e-visa must follow the details given below carefully:
- Your passport should be valid for at least six months from the time you enter turkey.
- You may be asked confirm that you have a confirmed hotel reservation, return flight ticket, and at least US $ 50 per day for each and every day of your stay in Turkey.
- With this visa, you are permitted to visit Turkey for the purposes of tourism or business only.
- You should hold a valid supporting document (Schengen visa or a valid visa from any of the OECD member countries, or a valid residence permit of a Schengen or OECD country). The validity of your e-visa is directly linked to the validity of your passport/ supporting document. Your e-visa is valid only till the dates on which your supporting document is valid.
Turkey visa requirements for Indian citizens
Following are the documents are required for Turkey visa for Indian citizens irrespective of which visa type you are applying for.
- Travel document– The applicant’s passport must be valid for a minimum of 90 days after the intended departure from Turkey. It must contain at least two blank pages and must have been issued within the last 10 years. The passport should not have any observation regarding the front data page.
- Application form– The applicant must submit a fully completed application form. Applicants must note that any incomplete information or false statement in the application could result in delay in processing or rejection of the application. Application form can downloaded in English or Hindi, but it has to be filled out in the English language only.
- Photograph– Applicants require one recent original passport-size colour photograph with a white background. The photograph should not be more than six months old.
- Covering letter– The applicant must submit a covering letter to the centre, with details such as the applicant introducing himself/herself, explaining the purpose of visit, duration & itinerary of the visit in brief.
- Travel Medical Insurance– To cover all possible expenses in connection with a return to India for Medical Evacuation and repatriation expenses, personal accidental death, personal liability, daily allowance in hospitalization cases, health reasons, indispensable medical treatment or acute hospitalisation during their stay in Turkey, applicants must hold a valid travel insurance policy while travelling. The minimum policy coverage should be 30,000 Euro. The insurance policy must be valid for the entire duration of the applicant’s intended stay in Turkey. The applicant may shorten the validity of visa if their insurance policy does not cover the entire duration of the stay in Turkey. The travel insurance dates should end 2 days after the date of departure mentioned in the flight ticket.
- Proof of Means of Transport – Applicants need their flight reservation of return or round ticket. Proof of flight reservation between the different countries, train itinerary or car rental receipt is required. Please note that the tickets do not have to be paid for, only the booking receipt needs to be submitted.
- Proof of Lodging – The applicant’s hotel reservations, receipt of renting a holiday home or campus residence reservation are required as proof. Proof of sponsorship and private accommodation from the host is required, if the applicant intends to stay with a family member or a friend in Turkey.
- Proof of Financial means– The applicant’s original bank statement showing their transactions in the last three months, duly stamped and signed by the bank authority, or Indian income tax return statement acknowledging returns for the last two assessment years are required. The following details must be noted:
In addition if the applicant is employed:
- Current employment contract
- Copy of current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from current employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary from the applicant
If the applicant is a company owner or self-employed:
- A copy of their business license
- Copy of the company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR) of the company
If the applicant is retired:
- Pension statement for the previous 6 months
- Proof of regular income received from property or rent for the last 6 months (if any)
If the applicant is a Freelancer:
- Contract papers/Agreement papers with client.
- Leave sanctioned letter from clients.
- Income proof.
- Last 3 month’s personal bank statement attested and signed by the bank.
If the applicant is a Student:
- Original leave letter from the School /University.
- Copy of valid ID card of School/University.
- Last 3 months’ personal bank statement or sponsor’s bank statement and sponsorship letter if being sponsored.
- Minor Applicant
- If the minor is travelling with only one parent, except in cases of the parent having sole custody or guardianship of the minor, written consent certified by a public notary of the other parent or guardian is required. NOC on 100rs Stamp Paper with notary needs to be provided if minor is travelling alone or if accompanied by one parent.
- If the minor is travelling alone, without a legal guardian, written consent certified by a public notary from either the parents or guardians having custody of the minor is required. Additionally, copies of the passport of the parents are required. If not applicable, birth certificate of the applicant and copies of Identity proof of the parents must be submitted.
- All minors must be accompanied by both parents or legal guardians to the Visa Office, to sign the application form in front of an officer. In cases where the child is traveling with one parent to visit the other parent who is residing in Turkey, this clause is dropped.
- Passport Copy– All applications must enclose a full colour photocopy of the valid passport of the applicant. All the pages of the passport are required to be photocopied and attached. Applicants are also encouraged to submit any old copies of expired or cancelled passports held by them to the centre.
If applying for a Tourist Short Stay Visa:
- If the applicant is being sponsored, an invitation letter with the address and phone number from the family or company that is sponsoring is required.
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies of the applicant
- A certificate from the travel agency confirming the booking of an organised trip of the applicant (if any)
- Any other appropriate document indicating the travel plans of the applicant, including period and reason of visit.
- If applicant is married and cannot provide evidence of marital status in the passport, a marriage certificate must be submitted. If applicable, a copy of ration card can also be submitted.
Turkey tourist visa documents required
- Invitation letter from the Turkey company which the applicant will be visiting and their complete address along with the dates of the visit
- A No Objection Letter from your employer allowing the business travel and stating the details about the trip.
- Both invitation letter as well as letter from employer must confirm the following details:
- The applicant’s identity;
- The purpose of the visit, such as meetings, conferences, training or business related events.
- The period and place of intended stay of the applicant, while in Turkey.
- Proof of previous trade relations between the two companies, if such events have occurred.
- Bank statement of the last 6 months of the company
- The coverage of applicant’s expenses during their stay in Turkey must be proved by either the employer or the host company who is hosting the applicant, on the letter or invitation.
- The applicant must ensure always to have valid travel insurance during their stay in Turkey. The border authorities may ask to see proof of a valid insurance when you enter Turkey.
- All documents should be provided in A4 size of paper.
- If the above mentioned documents not originally in English, they must be translated to English by a trusted source.
- Although the Embassy reserves the right to request the original of any document provided at any point during visa processing, please submit only photocopies of all documents. Do keep in mind to carry original documents at the time of submission at the Visa Centre.
- It must be noted that the Turkey Embassy has the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance of the applicant for an interview in special cases.
- The application may be rejected if the applicant submits incomplete documentation or refuses to appear for a special visa interview.
Turkey visa fees
The cost for a Turkey Visa for Indians for travel and business purposes is:
- Single Entry Visa- INR 3940
- Multiple Entry Visa- INR 13120
You will be charged a service cost of INR 1640/- (Inclusive of all Tax) that must be paid in cash at the Visa Application Centre.
The current exchange rate dictates the visa fee in Indian Rupees and it is subject to change without notice, as per fluctuations in economy. All visa fees are non-refundable, regardless of whether the visa is granted or not. Applicants that are exempt from paying the visa fee are not exempt from paying the service fee at the respective Visa Application Centres.
How to apply for Turkey visa for Indians
There are two methods by which Turkey visa for Indians can be applied for i.e. offline and online
Offline Method for Turkey visa for Indians:
Step 1: Visit the URL: http://www.vfsglobal.com/turkey/india/pdf/Turkey-Visa-Application-Form.pdf to access the PDF form of the Visa application. Take a printout of this form.
Step 2: Fill in the application form by stating the following details:
- Surname at present
- Surname at birth
- First Name of the applicant
- Date of Birth, Place of Birth and Country of Birth of the applicant
- Current Nationality and nationality at birth
- Father’s name and Mother’s name
- Marital status
- Type of Document held by applicant (official Passport, Ordinary Passport, Diplomatic Passport or Service passport)
- Number on travel document (passport number)
- Validity of travel document
- Date of Issue of travel document
- Name of Issuer of travel document
- Applicant’s home address, email address and telephone number
- State whether the applicant is currently residing in another country
- Current occupation of the applicant, address and telephone number.
- Type of Visa you are applying for, number of entries you require and the duration of stay in Turkey
- State whether you have ever been issued a Visa to Turkey previously
- State whether you have ever been deported from or were required to leave Turkey
- State the purpose of the trip, date of arrival, date of departure, port of first entry or transit route and the means of transport
- State who is paying for your trip and costs of living during your stay in Turkey.
- State the name of host or company in Turkey and contact person in host company. If not applicable, give name of hotel or temporary address in Turkey.
- State the means of support during your stay in Turkey
- Fill in the details about your spouse and children
Step 5: The applicant must then sign the filled out application form and attach their photograph on it. Then they must go to the Visa Application Centre. They must choose a centre in their application which is nearest to their residence. Applicants must keep in mind that they must bring the required supporting documents and the visa service fees to the centre.
Step 6: At the visa application centre, your picture will be taken by the service centre personnel (for all applicants). A biometrical process will then take your fingerprints. All Turkish visa applicants must appear at the centre in person to have their fingerprints recorded and their photograph taken. Although this registration procedure only takes a few minutes, it identifies you with certainty as the only legal holder of the visa. Identity theft and fraud are prevented by this method. However, children younger than 12 years of age do not need to get their fingerprints recorded.
Step 7: After the staff checks the veracity of application, they will record your application information in the system. You will have to pay the fees at this point. They will then generate an acknowledgement receipt which you can use to track the status of your application.
Turkey e visa for Indians (Online Method )
Step 1: Visit the URL: https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/apply/ to access the E-Visa form.
Step 2: Enter your country/ region, type of passport and the captcha on the screen.
Step 3: Type in the arrival and departure dates and then proceed to fill in the Visa Application as in the Step 4 of Offline Method.
Step 4: After filling in your form, you must pay the visa fee by a credit or debit card.
Step 5: After submission of your form, the link to download your e-Visa will be sent to your e-mail ID. You must then take a printout of this form and go to the Visa Application Centre. Steps 6 and 7 are the same as that of the offline method.
Turkey visa application status
After submitting the application for Turkey visa for Indians, one can track the application by visiting the following website- http://vfsvisaonline.com/global-passporttracking/track/index?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/Gbw1kfVv7iGU5U+6mubcHgC7mIaguml4wq0m11e1Gy4F1XVKtHYI8y8QjuvgeukiQ== once you click this button, you will be shown a screen where you have to enter the application reference number (found on the receipt) and your last name. The screen will then display your application status.
You may collect your passport from the respective VAC office after your visa application is approved. You must collect your passport yourself. Please ensure you bring the receipt issued to you on the day of your appointment, during collection of passport.
The documents or passport of the applicant will not be handed over to third parties, except if the collection is done by the following people:
- Immediate Family Member such as Parents, Children or Spouse of the applicant
- A person collecting the passport on behalf of Government officials, if so mentioned on the Government letter head.
- Red Carpet Representatives of the applicant, if authorized on the Company’s letter head
If any of the above people come to collect the passport, they need to carry any of the following documents:
- Original Government ID card
- Original Identity Proof
- Original authorization letter from applicant
If you want to apply for Turkey visa, either you can speak to or chat with one of our service representative or can drop a message at https://itzeazy.in/contact-us .
We will get back to you shortly.