Thailand, also known as the Land of Smiles, is a country located at the heart of Southeast Asia. Known for its sprawling beaches and ultramodern cityscape, Thailand is soon becoming one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. In this article, we will talk about Thailand visa on arrival for Indians, Documents required for Thailand visa for Indians, Different types of India to Thailand visa, Thailand visa fees
Different types of Thailand visa for Indians
The different types of Thailand visa for Indians are as follows :
- Tourist Visa
- Education Visa
- Non-Immigrant Visa
- One Year Non-immigrant Visa
- Marriage Visa
- Retirement Visa
- Business Visa
- Permanent Resident Visa
Thailand visa on arrival for indians
Thailand visa on arrival for Indians -Tourist Visa can be secured by citizens of India upon arrival, valid for 15 days, for tourism purposes only.
This visa is only available to citizens of 19 countries, including India. Applicants who wish to extend their stay must apply to the Immigration Bureau for an Extension of Stay for India to Thailand visa. The applicant also needs to pay Thailand visa fees.
Documents required & requirements India to Thailand visa
The documents and eligibility required for India to Thailand visa or Thailand visa on arrival for Indians are as follows:
- Airline Boarding Pass
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months following the departure date and having 2 unused pages
- A visa application form available at Immigration checkpoints in Thailand, completed by the traveller
- One recent photograph of a 4×6 centimetres headshot of the traveller, not more than 6 months old
- A confirmed airline ticket showing the departure of the applicant from Thailand within 15 days of the date of entry.
- An Arrival-Departure card duly filled by the traveller, which the airline staff will distribute
- Proof of means of living expenses while in Thailand, which is 10,000 baht per person and 20,000 baht per family.
- Visa on Arrival application fee of 1000 baht
Tourists wishing to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand for a period longer than 15 days can extend Thailand visa for Indian. Apply for a long term Visa.
Thailand long term visa for Indian citizens
The main documents and eligibility required for the purpose of acquiring a long term Thailand visa on arrival for Indians are as follows:
- Original passport and old passports, if any
- Passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of return, with a minimum of two blank pages
- Two copies of the first and last page of the passport duly attested by the traveller
- Confirmed return air tickets
- Two visa application forms, duly completed and signed by the applicant
- 2 recent passport-size colour photographs taken against a white background, size 35 mm x 45 mm, of the traveller
- Confirmation of hotel where the applicant will be staying, with its address and phone number
- Original bank statements for the last 6 months reflecting a minimum balance of INR 42,000, that has been attested by a bank official
- Evidence of occupation and of the monthly income: Income Tax Returns for the last 3 years, Payslips, a letter from employer certifying employment, Employee ID, Student ID, Business license
In the further section, we will also discuss the Thailand visa fees. Additional documents required for India to Thailand visa are :
If the applicant is employed
- A cover letter from both the company where the applicant is employed and the travel agency used by the applicant. It must be stating the purpose of travel and traveller details for Thailand visa for Indian.
If the applicant has Friends / Family living in Thailand
- If the applicant intends to stay with Thai relatives or friends, an invitation letter and ID proof of the invitee(s) is mandatory to get Thailand visa for Indians.
- If the invitee is not a Thai citizen, copies of the work visa, work permit and passport of the invitee is mandatory to get a Thailand visa on arrival for Indians.
To know about Thailand visa fees, keep reading the article.
Thailand business visa for Indians
Business Visas/ Work Visa for Thailand are specially designed for people who want to do business legally in Thailand. The ‘B’ category non-immigrant visa is issued to eligible foreigners who wish to work or operate a business in the Kingdom of Thailand.
To be considered for a work permit for a Thailand visa for Indians, the applicant must have a job offer from a Thai employer. The employer submits the application to the Department of Employment, which allows the applicant to stay for up to 90 days.
Before the expiry of the period specified in the visa, the applicant must apply for an Extension for India to Thailand visa. Applicants have to apply for an Extension of Stay Permit at the Immigration Bureau which will allow staying up to 1 year.
To extend the period of stay after the visitor has been granted employment status, the visitor must apply for a Re-entry Permit at the Immigration Bureau. Furthermore, the work permit enables an individual to run a business in Thailand as a skilled professional.
To know the Thailand visa fees and documents required, keep reading the article.
Documents required for India to Thailand Visa for business
The documents required for the purpose of acquiring a business India to Thailand visa are as follows:
- Original Passports with 6 months validity from the date of arrival in Thailand.
- Visa application form for Thailand visa on arrival for Indians.
- 2 Photos 35 X 45mm, white background, matt finish 80% face cover.
- Air tickets
- A cover letter from the Indian company’s profile where the traveller is employed, confirming the traveller’s current designation, the purpose of travel and period of travel.
- Original Invitation Letter from Thai company specifying the name of the traveller.Along with the purpose of travel and the period of the meeting/conference. The letter has to be attested by an executive authorized person with the company’s stamp. (Including a copy of the authorized person’s identity card)
- Along with a Thailand visa for Indians hotel reservations (If staying at the Company’s lodging, provide a letter from the Company stating the address and contact information for the mentioned lodging.)
- International Credit card copy OR FOREX receipt copy OR Bank statements for last 6 months. (Individual account balance of 20,000 baht or 700 USD & family account balance of 40,000 baht or 1400 USD must be available).
Thailand visa application form
Application forms for Thailand visa on arrival for Indians are available online. Applicants may also apply for the visa through one of the VFS Global Centers located throughout India.
The Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate has outsourced its visa services to VFS Global which is one of the renowned names in the field of outsourcing and technology services for governments and diplomatic missions across the globe.
Thailand Visa fees
Based on the visa type all applicants are required to pay specific Thailand visa fees to enable processing of the application. While applying for the Thailand visa for Indians via VFS Global, applicants are required to pay an additional fee. The visa fees and charges levied by VFS Global and the Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate is subject to change and can vary from INR 2,000 to INR 20,000.
Thailand visa for Indian rates
- Tourist Visa (single entry) – INR 2,000
- Tourist Visa (multiple entries) – INR 10,000
- Transit Visa (single entry) – INR 1,600
- Business Visa (single entry) – INR 4,000
- Business Visa (multiple entry) – INR 10,000
- Employment Visa – INR 4,000
- Education Visa (3 months) – INR 4,000
- Education Visa (1 year) – INR 10,000
- Non- Immigrant Visa (single entry) – INR 4,000
- Non- Immigrant Visa (multiple entries) – INR 10,000
- Religious Visa – INR 4,000
- Official Visa – INR 4,000
The processing time for an India to Thailand visa is approximately 7 working days. Once processed, applicants are allowed access to the rich and vibrant Kingdom of Thailand with Thailand visa on arrival for Indians. (Thailand visa for Indians)