PAN, like all other government-issued proofs, requires you to submit specific pan card documents. The documents needed for pan card application are different for each PAN card application. The pan card apply documents can be vary under various categories. Let’s take a look at the various pan card documents list.
Documents required for PAN card
The list of PAN card apply documents under the general category- Following are the documents required for PAN card :
1. ID proof
2. Address proof
3. Date of Birth proof
5. 2 passport size photograph
Above mentioned documents are general requirements. However, based on the category of applicant, documents needed for pan card may vary.
As you know pan card apply documents can be different under various categories. Following are the pan card documents list under different categories.
Pan card documents list
Documents required for PAN card (Individuals and HUF )
You will need Identity Proof, Date of Birth Proof and Address Proof as pan card documents. The pan card documents list is given below:
1. Identity (ID) Proof
Documents needed for pan card- The copies of the following pan card documents are accepted as ID Proof :
- Copy of either of any one document
a) Aadhar card
b) Voter Id
c) Driving License
e) Ration card having a photograph of the applicant
f) Arm’s License
g) Photo ID proof issued by Central Government/ State Government/ Public sector undertaking
h) Pensioner card having a photograph of the applicant
i) Central Govt. health service scheme card or Ex-servicemen contributory health scheme photo card
- Certificate of identity in Original signed by a Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councilor or a Gazetted officer, as the case may be (in prescribed format)
- Original bank certificate on the branch letterhead. (with stamp and name of the issuing officer). Along with an applicant’s photograph duly attested in the prescribed format, and their bank account number.
Note: Pan Card Documents
- In case of Minor, any of the above mentioned documents as proof of identity and address of any of parents/guardians of such minor shall be deemed to be the proof of identity and address for the minor applicant.
- For HUF, pan card documents are
- An affidavit by the Karta of the Hindu Undivided Family stating the name, father’s name and address of all the coparceners on the date of application; and
- Copy of any document applicable in the case of an individual specified above, in respect of Karta of the Hindu undivided family, as proof of identity, address and date of birth.
2. Date of birth Proof
Here is the pan card documents list as Date of birth proof. Copy of the following documents act as pan card documents if they bear the name, date, month and year of birth of the applicant, namely:-
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter Id
- Driving License
- Matriculation Certificate or Mark Sheet of recognized board
- Birth Certificate
- Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or State Government or Public Sector Undertaking or State Public Sector Undertaking
- Domicile Certificate
- Central Government Health Service Scheme Photo Card or Ex-Servicemen
- Contributory Health Scheme photo card
- Pension payment order
- Marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriages
- Affidavit sworn before a magistrate stating the date of birth
3. Address Proof
Documents needed for pan card as address proof are as follows: You can submit the copy of the following documents to serve the purpose of pan card documents
- Copy of
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter Id card
- Driving License
- Passport of the spouse
- Post office passbook
- Latest property tax assessment order
- Domicile certificate
- Allotment letter of accommodation issued by Central or State Government of not more than three years old
- Property Registration Document
- Copy of following documents of not more than three months old
- Electricity Bill
- Landline Telephone or Broadband connection bill
- Water Bill
- Consumer gas connection card or book or piped gas bill
- Bank account statement
- Depository account statement
- Credit card statement
- Certificate of Address in Original signed by a Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councilor or a Gazetted officer, as the case may be (in prescribed format
- Employer certificate in original (in prescribed format)
Note – In case of an Indian citizen residing outside India, a copy of Bank Account Statement in the country of residence or copy of Non-resident External (NRE) bank account statements (not more than three months old) shall be the proof of address as pan card apply documents
Documents needed for PAN card(Company or firm )
Pan card apply documents – Documents required for pan card for any company or firm.
The pan card documents list that will act as ID Proof are as follows:
- Company – Copy of Certificate of Registration issued by the
Registrar of Companies.
- Partnership Firm – Copy of Certificate of Registration issued by the
Registrar of Firms or Copy of partnership deed.
- Limited Liability Partnership- Copy of Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of LLPs
- Association of Persons (Trust) – Copy of trust deed or copy of the certificate of registration number issued by Charity Commissioner.
- Association of Person, Body of Individuals, Local Authority, or Artificial Juridical Person – Copy of Agreement or copy of the certificate of registration number issued by charity commissioner or registrar of cooperative society or any other competent authority or any other document originating from any Central or State Government Department establishing identity and address of such person.
Documents needed for PAN card ( in case of foreign national)
Here are the list of documents required for pan card:
- Copy of passport
- Xerox copy of Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card issued by Government of India
- Copy of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card issued by Government of India
- Photo copy of other national citizenship Identification Number or Taxpayer Identification Number duly attested by “Apostille” (in respect of countries which are signatories to the Hague Convention of 1961) or by the Indian Embassy or High Commission or Consulate in the country where the applicant is located or authorised officials of overseas branches of Scheduled Banks registered in India.
Proof of address
Pan card documents for other than Individuals Proof of Identity/Address:
- Copy of Certificate of Registration issued in the country where the applicant is located, duly attested by “Apostille” (in respect of the countries which are signatories to the Hague Convention of 1961) or by the Indian Embassy or High Commission or Consulate in the country where the applicant is located or authorized officials of overseas branches of Scheduled Banks registered in India. (Certificate format attached as Annexure- D)
- Copy of registration certificate issued in India or of approval granted to set up an office in India by Indian Authorities.
That’s all about pan card apply documents. For more info, you can visit here