Driving any vehicle now becomes a symbol of freedom and also now its become one of the important life skills. So now it’s become so important then owing a driving license is also necessary. We will discuss the documents, fees, and application process for an international driving permit Andhra Pradesh.
A driving license is a formal document that is issued by the RTO which certifies that the driving license holder is qualified for driving a vehicle. As per the motor vehicle act if a person does not hold a valid driving license then he can’t drive on public roads.
There are different types of licenses that RTO provides but in this article we will talk about the international driving permit Andhra Pradesh.
Eligibility for an international driving permit Andhra Pradesh
Applicants need to fulfill the eligibility criteria for the application for the international driving license:
- Applicants must be above 18 years of age to apply for an international driving license.
- Should have a valid driving license.
- Submit an official application form by the concerned authority with 3 passport-sized photographs.
Documents for the international driving permit Andhra Pradesh
For the application for the international driving permit, AndraPradesh following documents needs to submit.
- Copy of valid driving license
- Application form no. 4
- Copy of air ticket
- Medical certificate
- 5 passport-sized photographs
- Proof of Indian citizenship
- Address proof
- Age proof
Application for the international driving permit Andhra Pradesh offline
Here are the steps for the application for the international driving permit Andhra Pradesh:
- Submit the international driving license application form to the nearest RTO office.
- And also attach the required documents to the application form that are required for applying for the international driving license.
- Then pay the fees for the international driving license.
- After that, the RTO will verify the documents and application form.
- When all the processes by RTO are complete then the applicant will receive his international driving license at his registered address.
By using the above simple steps your application can submit successfully. Then you can get your international driving license within 4 to 5 business days.
Application for the international driving permit Andhra Pradesh online
In the above section, we have seen the offline process but if you want to apply online then you can follow this online process also. The application for the international driving license online process steps are given below:
- Go to the website of parivahan seva.
- Choose you to state as Andhra Pradesh.
- Choose a new driving license from the drop-down menu under the section apply online on the homepage.
- Select the foreign driving license.
- Then a form will open on your screen. Fill in the information on that form such as your name, address, etc.
- And after that click on the submit button the submit the application form.
- Then upload all the documents, photographs, and signatures.
- Book a slot for the driving license test and pay the fees.
- Once the fee is paid then take a print of o the application form and payment receipt.
By using the online this online method you can easily apply for an international driving license from the comfort of your home. We have explained both the online and offline methods now as per your comfort you can use any one of them. That method you feel is more suitable for you.
Fees for the International driving permit Andhra Pradesh
The processing fees for the international driving license is fixed at Rs. 1000 per license. The applicant needs to pay the fees at the time of submitting the application form along with the documents attached to the RTO.
Advantages of the international driving permit
If you are planning to go foreign country then an intentional driving permit can be beneficial for you. Below are some advantages that you can enjoy when you hold a valid international driving permit.
- You can also use it as identity proof in some cases.
- With an international driving license, you can rent and drive a vehicle in a foreign country.
- You can visit around 150 countries with an international driving permit.
- You can claim an accident in a foreign country.
Frequently asked questions
Q 1: Can I get an international driving license without having a visa?
A: An international driving license is provided to the applicants when they have a valid driving license, passport, and visa. If an applicant does not have any of them then a person can not apply for an international driving license.
Q 2: What is the validity of the international driving license?
A: The international driving license is valid for 1 year from the date of the issue or the validity of the domestic driving license, whichever is earlier.
Q 3: Can I use my international driving permit for a two-wheeler as well?
A: If you hold a valid driving license for the two-wheeler in your home country. Then you can rent and ride a two-wheeler by using an international driving permit in a foreign country.
Q 4: Can an international driving permit is used as ID proof?
A: In some cases, you can use your international driving permit as ID proof. If it fulfills certain conditions in the country that you are traveling.