Is your license expired? If you are unfamiliar with the renewal of driving licence in Rajasthan, we are here to help you all the way through.
The driving permit is renewed every five years for non-transport cars and every three years for transport vehicles. If your license is expired or about to expire then you must send the properly completed application form for the renewal of driving licence in Rajasthan to your local RTO together with the required paperwork. You can also submit the application online.
Validity of Driver’s License Renewal Rajasthan
A driver’s licence is valid for 20 years, or until the holder is 50. If your licence has already expired, you have 30 days for the renewal of driving licence in Rajasthan without incurring any fees. If you decide to renew your licence after 30 days, you will be subject to the appropriate fine.
If a licence is not renewed within five years of its expiration, the holder must submit an application for a new one. On the other hand, a transport vehicle’s licence is valid for 3 years and a renewed one is valid for 5 years.
Documents for the renewal of driving licence in Rajasthan
- Application Form 9
- Application Form 1 and Application Form 1A (the self-declaration of medical fitness for non-transport vehicles) (which is the Medical certificate for Transport Vehicles only)
- Driver’s licence
- Passport-size images
Is driving test required for renewal of Licence?
Renewal of driving licence in Rajasthan
- On the website of Transport and Road Safety Department Rajasthan, select the option ‘ The facility to apply online for license-related services for the renewal of driving licence in Rajasthan.
- Under “Apply Online” select the option “Services on Driving License” for the renewal of driving licence in Rajasthan
- The steps required to submit an online application will be shown in the display. The steps are in the following order:
- Completed application form.
- Uploading documents.
- Uploading the most recent image and signature.
- Picking the date and time of driving exam (on applying for a new category).
- Fee payment.
- Select”Continue” “Continue” option.
- Choose the number of your licence, the date of birth, the state of the application, and the transport office from the screen. Select the option “Proceed”.
- The license details given can be seen on screen. Select the “Confirm” option.
Select the service – Renewal of the DL , then “Proceed”. Change of Biometrics in DL
- Choose the correct option from the list of options for each entry or type in the details. After entering all the details, click the “Confirm” option.
- SMS will be sent to the mobile phone number that was entered by you.
- An Acknowledgment Slip is displayed. Print it and keep it secure in your bag and send this slip to your office.
Note: The application number you see on the screen, secure it to use in the future.
- Choose”Next,” then select “Next” and upload the scans of these documents:
- After you have uploaded the document, then click “Confirm”
- Scan the documents using the grayscale.
- The file’s size must not exceed 1 MB.
- The scan file must be JPG/JPEG/PDF in format.
- Choose the “Next” option and click ” Confirm ” after uploading the most recent image and signature. Choose”Next”.
- Choose “Fee Payment”. The applicants can pay for the due fees via Internet Banking.
Note: Anyone who has not yet made payment online may also make the charges at the relevant transport office in cash.
Offline Renewal of Driving License in Rajasthan
For the offline renewal of Driving License in Rajasthan, you need to visit at your nearest RTO Office and adhere to the steps below:
- Print the Application Form number 9 and complete the form
- Attach all documents necessary documents and submit it.
- You must pay the DL renewal fee in Rajasthan.
After the verification of documents is complete, your renewed driving permit will be granted.
Driving license renewal fee in Rajasthan
|Renewal of driving licence in Rajasthan||200 Rupees|
|Renewal of a driving licence after the grace period in Rajasthan||300 Rupees|
Note:– An additional fee of Rs. 1,000 will be charged for every additional year or portion of a year of delay, calculated from the date the grace period expires.
RTO Offices in Rajasthan
Currently, the following offices offer the option of applying for a permanent licence online:-
|transport office||transport office||transport office|
|Regional Transport Office, Jaipur||District Transport Office, Hanumangarh||District Transport Office, Dungarpur|
|Regional Transport Office, Ajmer||District Transport Office, Bundi||District Transport Office, Dausa|
|Regional Transport Office, Bharatpur||District Transport Office, Bhilwara||District Transport Office, Bhiwadi|
|Regional Transport Office, Bikaner||District Transport Office, Dholpur||District Transport Office, Nokha|
|Regional Transport Office, Chittorgarh||District Transport Office Jalore||District Transport Office, Shahpura(Jaipur)|
|Regional Transport Office, Jodhpur||District Transport Office Baran||District Transport Office, Shahpura(Bhilwara)|
|Regional Transport Office, Kota||District Transport Office Dudu||District Transport Office, Jaisalmer|
|Regional Transport Office, Udaipur||District Transport Office Chaumu||District Transport Office, Ramganjmandi|
|District Transport Office, Vidyadhar Nagar, Jaipur||Additional Regional Transport Office Jagatpura, Jaipur||District Transport Office, Sirohi|
|District Transport Office, Sawai Madhopur||District Transport Office KKD||District Transport Office, Sujangarh|
|District Transport Office, Pratapgarh||District Transport Office, Tonk||District Transport Office, Banswara|
|District Transport Office, Karauli||District Transport Office, Beawar||Sub Transport Office Gangapur City, Sawai Madhopur|
|District Transport Office, Jhalawar||District Transport Office, Nagaur||Sub Transport Office Lunkaransar, Bikaner|
|District Transport Office, Churu||District Transport Office, Kotputli||Sub Transport Office, Hindaun|
|District Transport Office Phalodi||Regional Transport Office, Sikar||Sub Transport Office, Suratgarh|
|Sub Transport Office, Ringas||Sub Transport Office, Bhawani Mandi||Sub Transport Office, Sojat|
|Sub Transport Office, Sumerpur||Sub Transport Office, Nawa||Sub Transport Office, Deeg|
|Sub Transport Office, Deoli||District Transport Office Nokha||District Transport Office Nohar|
|District Transport Office Khetri||Regional Transport Office Dausa||District Transport Office Sriganganagar|
|District Transport Office Didwana||District Transport Office Barmer||District Transport Office Jhunjhunu|
|District Transport Office Kishangarh||Regional Transport Office Alwar||Regional Transport Office Pali|
Reasons to Renew Your Driving License in Rajasthan
Wondering why should you apply for renewal of driving licence in Rajasthan? Here are the few points that will solve your query!
- The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 states that having a valid driver’s licence is a requirement.
- It is an official document that the Indian government has validated as being sufficient proof legally to allow you to drive your car on public highways.
- Additionally, it indicates that the licence holder is well-versed in traffic laws and regulations.
- According to Section 177 of the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, violators are subject to a fine of 5000 or/and a sentence of up to 3 months in jail.
But just having a licence won’t cut it. The driving License must be renewed once it expires in order for you to lawfully operate your car on public roads.
Being an Indian citizen following traffic and road safety regulations is a responsibility. Making sure you have a current driver’s licence and applying for the renewal of driving licence in Rajasthan as needed is a crucial component of doing this.