Are you looking to have a Driving Licence in Maha Parivahan and you cannot figure out how should you apply? If the answer is yes, Then this is the right blog for you. Here you will get all the information about how to apply for driving licence online in Maharashtra as well as how to apply for driving license in Maharashtra offline and .
Nowadays, having a driving licence is a necessity. Being able to drive puts you in control and allows you to go wherever you want. It’s a valuable talent to have regardless of your age or where you reside and it has a variety of advantages. Driving is a more direct route to work than taking the bus or other types of public transportation. It also acts as a reliable form of identification and proof of age and it is globally accepted.
Different states have different laws governing the issuance of driving licences. The regulations and laws that regulate Maharashtra’s driving licences are detailed here. So before diving into the topic how to apply for driving license in Maharashtra, let’s begin with the eligibility criteria regarding driving license maha parivahan
Eligibility Criteria for Driving Licence Maha parivahan
Before moving on the topic of how to apply for driving licence online in Maharashtra. First, you need to have met the following criteria for driving license maha parivahan. However, before applying, the applicant must ensure that he meets the following eligibility conditions set forth by the Motor Vehicles Act:
- To apply for a two-wheeler driving licence maha parivahan, individuals must be at least 16 years old. To apply for a vehicle driving licence, they must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants must be at least 20 years old to apply for a transport vehicle driving licence.
- Before applying for a permanent driving licence, applicants must first get a learning permit.
- After 30 days and within 180 days of receiving the Learning Licence, you must apply for a permanent driving licence.
You’re probably wondering what are the fees for a driving licence. So in the following section, we’ll go over the fees that must be paid when applying for a driving licence in maha parivahan.
In the further section, we will discuss how to apply for driving license in Maharashtra as well as how to apply for driving licence in Maharashtra online.
Fees for Driving Licence
What is the fee required for the application of Driving Licence in Maharashtra?
In Maha Parivahan, applicants for a driving licence must pay an application fee of Rs. 200 for a computerized chip licence and Rs. 50 for the driving test. A regular licence would set you back Rs. 40.
How to apply for Driving License in Maharashtra
If you want to apply for Driving Licence in Maharashtra then here is how to apply for driving licence online in Maharashtra as well as offline. The applicants can now choose whether to submit an application online or in-person at the RTO.
The following blog provided information on both application processes.
How to apply for driving license in Maharashtra offline
This is the step guide for you on how to apply for driving license in Maharashtra offline.
- Individuals in Maharashtra can apply for a driving licence by going to their nearest Regional Transport Office (RTO) and picking up a new driving licence application form.
- Your application will be confirmed and processed once you have completed the form and submitted the needed papers.
- An acknowledgement will be sent to you and you will be informed about your eligibility.
- You can go to the RTO office maha parivahan with your original documentation for the driving test once you’ve received your eligibility confirmation.
- Your driving test will take place on a first-come, first-served basis.
Now, let’s begin with how to apply for driving licence online in Maharashtra
How to apply for driving licence online in Maharashtra
Here is how to apply for driving licence online in Maharashtra:
- You need to visit the website https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/ and select the state as ‘Maharashtra’.
2. Then you need to select ‘Apply for Driving Licence’.
3. Now go through with the process given below and this is what you need to follow for the application.
4. Now you need to enter you ‘Learning Driving Licence’ and your ‘Date of Birth’, then follow the next procedure.
5. After you’ve filled in all of the necessary information, upload the essential papers and submit the form.
6. When you go to the RTO for your driving test, you must bring the originals with you.
7. Once your application has been processed, you will receive an acknowledgement, an application number and a notification on your mobile number.
You are now aware of how to apply for driving licence online in Maharashtra. After the process have been completed, you need to Book your Appointment for the driving licence test. To do so, follow the steps outlined below.
Slot Booking for Driving License Test Maha Parivahan
- After you’ve submitted your application and got the confirmation that you’re eligible to take the test, you may schedule an appointment online.
- This allows you to select a test date and time that is convenient for you as well as ensuring that your test is held on that date.
- The following is the procedure for making an appointment:
- Visit the website https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/ and select the option for the ‘appointment for slot booking’ on the dashboard.
- From the drop-down choices at the top of the screen, pick “DL Slot Booking” and then “Slot Booking for Online Applications.”
- On the next screen, fill in the details, such as the online application number.
- After that, you’ll be able to choose a date and time for your driving test.
As in the earlier section we discussed how to apply for driving licence online in Maharashtra and how to apply for driving license in Maharashtra offline. Once you have applied and reserved a time slot, you will have to take the driving test.
Driving Test Maharashtra
- Once the appointment window has been scheduled in Maha Parivahan.
- You will have to be present at the RTO with your original documents as indicated in your application form.
- If you pass the exam, you will be given a driver’s licence, which will be mailed to the address you provided on the application form.
Documents Required for Driving Licence
What are the documents you must require to apply Driving Licence in Maha Parivahan?
When applying for a driving licence in Maharashtra, candidates must submit various documents that are used to evaluate their eligibility. The following are the documents that must be submitted:
- Form of Application (Form 4: http://megtransport.gov.in/pdf/form4.pdf )
- Learning Licence (original)
- Passport-sized photos taken recently (3 copies)
- Proof of age document (mention below in the blog)
- A paper proving your address (refer below for document list)
- Certificate from a driving school (for transport vehicle licences)
All documentation relating to the vehicle that will be used for the driving test and you must carry the originals with the
Documents for your age proof.
Applicants can submit any of the following documents as proof of age when applying for a driving licence:
- Birth certificate
- School certificate
- Voter identification card
- Pan Card
- Other documents that the state government requires
Documents for your address proof
Applicants can use any of the following documents as proof of address when applying for a driving licence:
- Voter Identity card
- Policy on life insurance
- Ration Card
- Bills for utilities such as power and telephone
- Pay slips were issued by the state or the central government.
What is the helpline number for (Maha Parivan) Maharashtra Parivahan?
The Transport Commissioner Office Maha Parivahan can be reached by calling 022-22614721 or 22. On the official website of the Motor Vehicles Department, one can find the RTOs’ contact information.
I hope all the queries regarding how to apply for driving licence online in Maharashtra as well as how to apply for driving license in Maharashtra offline is sorted. If not and still you have any queries regarding Maha Parivahan, please mention it in the comment box.