Do you know Siliguri has a passport office? There is one passport office in siliguri which assists with passport applications. Read on to find out the contact details of passport office Siliguri or passport seva kendra Siliguri with types of counters, roles and responsibilities of respective office.
Passport office Siliguri
Passport office in Siliguri is called Passport Seva Laghu Kendra, Siliguri. There are 15 PSLK operational in India. The facility was established on the 18th of February in 2018. Initially, it had 2 counters and 120 applicants were given appointments as reported by The Times of India. The passport office became operational on 19th February 2018.
Contact details of passport office Siliguri
|Passport Office Siliguri Address||Passport Seva Laghu Kendra, First Floor, Shopping Centre Cum Office, Building, Himachal Vihar, Siliguri, West Bengal – 734001|
|Working Days||Monday to Friday|
|Appointment Timing||9 am to 5 pm|
|Siliguri Passport Officer||Shri Bibhuti Bhushan Kumar|
RPO Kolkata Contact Details
|Phone Number||033-22257523, 22341212|
Benefits of passport office in Siliguri
Apart from RPO in Kolkata (Regional Passport Office) and other POPSKs (Post office passport seva Kendra) in West Bengal, Passport Seva Laghu Kendra in Siliguri was established
- To meet the rising demand of issuing passport and verifying documents for the same.
- Although the passport application process is mostly done online, PSLK will provide easy access and transparency to people for verification of documents and biometrics collections.
- Siliguri is an uprising cosmopolitan city after Kolkata. The people in and around Siliguri don’t have to visit RPO Kolkata or other nearby PSK due to the establishment of Passport office in Siliguri.
- The verification time will come down drastically which will save prople’s time, energy and money.
- They can contact or visit the PSLK for any queries.
Roles performed by Passport Seva Kendra Siliguri
- Issuing and verifying Fresh passport
- Renewing passport
- Issuing duplicate passports
- Issuing Police clearance certificate after police verification
- Verification of documents and biometrics collection
Types of Counters at Passport office siliguri
If you go to the passport office in Siliguri, there are 3 counters apart from entry and exit. You first need to take a token after submitting your documents and applications to the passport official. Wait for your token number and then go to the counters namely A, B and C.
‘A’ Counter – Document Verification and biometrics collection counter.
‘B’ Counter – A counter where the officer verifies your documents and puts a stamp on them.
‘C’ Counter – In this counter, another senior official takes your interview and re-checks your documents. He informs you whether your passport application is successful or not. He also tells you whether you need police verification or not.
At the Exit Counter, submit your token and the official will issue a receipt. The slip contains a passport file number which can be used to track your passport application online.
How to apply for a passport in PSK, Siliguri?
- Go to www.passportindia.gov.in.
- Click on the ‘New User Registration’ button and fill up the form. Create your login ID and password. Log in to the site and click on the ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-Issue of Passport’ tab on the homepage.
- Choose the type of passport you need. Fill up the passport form online and submit it.
- Go to the ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications’ tab and select the ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ link.
- Pay the processing fee through internet banking/SBI challan/debit or credit card
- To schedule an appointment, you need to select PSLK Siliguri on the ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ page. You need to pay for the appointment also.
- Click on the ‘Print Application Receipt’ link after booking an appointment and print out the receipt, which contains the Application Reference Number (ARN).
- Visit the PSLK Siliguri on the appointed day and submit the documents as well as the application receipt.
- After the verification is complete, the passport can be collected by you.
How to track your passport application online and offline?
You can easily track the status of your passport application by the passport file number given to you at the exit counter of Passport Seva Kendra, Siliguri.
- Visit Passport Seva portal and then select the “Track Application Status” tab
- Select the Application Type from the drop-down menu; enter your 15-digit passport file number and date of birth.
- Thereafter, Click on the “Track Status” button to view your passport application status.
Check your passport application status offline through the following methods:
- You can send an SMS: <STATUS FILE NUMBER> 9704100100.
- You can call National Call Centre on 18002581800.
Q1. Do I need an appointment to visit Passport Seva Kendra, Siliguri?
You can only visit Passport Seva Kendra, Siliguri without an appointment only for emergency, medical reasons, and other pre-approved cases. You can easily make an appointment to visit PSK online at your convenience.
Q2. What is the validity of a passport application in PSK, Siliguri?
You need to visit Passport Seva Kendra, Siliguri within 90 days of submitting your online passport application. If you fail to do so, you need to apply for a fresh application.
Q3. How can I schedule an appointment with the passport office in Siliguri?
You can apply for a passport at Passport Seva Home (passportindia.gov.in). After filling up the details and paying the fees for the passport application, you can schedule an appointment with the passport Seva Kendra, Siliguri at the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” tab.