Are you applying for driving license renewal ? Here in this blog, you will get the complete information about “Is driving test required for renewal of Licence?” There are different conditions under which a driving test is required and, in some cases, a driving test is not required.
Is driving test required for renewal of licence?
So, here is the answer to your query “Is driving test required for renewal of licence?” A person will have to retake the test if they apply for a new driving license after one year has passed since their old driving license is expired. When their assignments run out, people who had a one-month grace period could no longer get that grace period back.
Why it is required to renew your driving licence?
Now, you got the answer to your query “Is driving test required for renewal of licence?” If you’re wondering why you need to renew your DL, look further.
The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 requires all motor vehicle drivers to have a valid driving licence. A driving licence is recognized as legal proof that allows you to drive on public roads and also indicates that you are well versed in traffic rules and regulations.
According to Section 177 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, no one can drive in India without a valid DL, and doing so is a serious offence punishable by a fine of Rs. 500 and/or imprisonment for up to 3 months. A permanent driving licence is valid for 20 years or until the driver reaches the age of 50, whichever comes first.
An expired driving licence is only valid for one month or 30 days after which it can be renewed for a fee. If the expired licence is not renewed within 5 years of its expiration date, you will be required to get a new driving licence.
Procedure for the renewal of driving licence
You must submit a correctly completed driving licence renewal form as well as some documentation to the regional transport office in your area. You can either download the driving licence renewal form online or pick it up at the nearest RTO office.
Also, we have discussed previously Is driving test required for renewal of Licence or not? Here is the step-by-step procedure by which you can renew your driving licence.
- Click on this link https://parivahan.gov.in/ to visit the official website.
- Select driving license-related services from the list of online services.
- Select ‘Services on DL (Renewal/Duplicate/Others) services.
4. Now you need to go through with this information and then you need to click o the ‘Continue ‘for the further procedure.
5. Then you need to fill out the details like Driving Licence Number and Date of birth and get the DL Details.
Then click on the proceed button.
6. After completing the form, you must go to the RTO to have the documents verified.
7. After the documents are confirmed, you will receive your driving license renewal the same day or within 15 days.
In this process, you do not need any type of driving licence test for the renewal.
In the previous section, it has been told whether Is driving test required for renewal of Licence or not. You can check out to get the answer.
Offline procedure for the renewal of driving licence?
You must submit the completely completed DL renewal application form together with the required papers to your local RTO. On the other hand, you can also submit your application online and will be told whether is driving test required for renewal of Licence or not. Non-transport vehicle driving licenses are renewed for five years, while transport vehicle driving licenses are renewed for three years. The renewal of a driving licence normally takes 20 days after the application is submitted.
What is driving licence renewal form?
Form 9 is a driving licence renewal form that a vehicle owner must fill out and submit to the RTO in order to update or renew his driving licence. This KYC document assists regional transportation office personnel in understanding the specifics of the car owner’s current driving licence.
- A driving licence renewal form can be obtained online or via your local RTO office.
- A driving licence form is a document in which you must fill out basic information about yourself and your driving licence.
- To renew your driving licence, you must submit the driving licence form together with some documents.
What are the documents required for the renewal of driving licence?
Documents required for driving licence renewal:
- Form for renewing a driving licence, duly completed. You can obtain a copy of the form online or via your local RTO.
- Form 1-A medical certificate form that you must complete, as well as Form 1 (the application cum declaration of your physical fitness).
- Permanent driving licence.
- Documents proving age and address, such as a passport, a pan card, an electricity bill, a phone bill, a leasing agreement, and so on.
- Photographs of the applicant in passport size are required.
If you alter the address on your driving licence, you must do it within one month. This can be done at the RTO office where your original driver’s licence was issued.
What is the validity of driving licence after renewal?
A permanent driving licence is valid for 20 years, or until the possessor reaches the age of 50. Those whose licence has already expired have a grace period of 30 days to renew without penalty. If you renew your licence after 30 days, you will be charged the appropriate penalty. Those who do not renew their licence within 5 years of its expiration date will be required to apply for a new one.
So, that’s all regarding Is driving test required for renewal of Licence?
I hope your all the queries regarding Is driving test required for renewal of Licence? has been cleared. If you still have some queries in your mind then you can definitely mention that in the comment box.