Are you looking for information on what are the documents required for Learning Driving License? In this article we are going to discuss documents required for learning license and process to apply for learning driving license.
As per motor vehicle act of 1988, its compulsory to obtain a learning driving license before applying for a permanent driving license.
You can apply for learning driving license online and offline as per your convenience.
What is a learner’s driving license?
A driving license is a permanent license required to drive a vehicle. But before getting a permanent driving license a learner’s license is issued to the candidate which is valid for six month .
Application process for driving licence is of 2 stage :
- Learning driving licence
- Permanent driving licence
A learner’s license specifies that you have applied for driving license and don’t have knowledge of driving.
Documents required for learning driving license
When you are applying for learning licence, having all the documents in one place during the application process, makes it easier. A person who is applying for a learner’s driving license needs to submit all the documents with the application form when applying offline. But if are applying online then need to keep a scanned copy of the documents to upload at the time of application.
Below are the documents required for learning driving license you need to carry with you when applying.
1. Address proof (anyone from the following)
- Recent telephone bill
- Recent electricity bill
- Aadhar card
- LIC bond
- House agreement
- Ration card
2. Age proof ( any one of the following)
- Pan card
- Birth certificate
- Transfer certificate from any school or college with a date of birth mentioned on it.
- 10th mark sheet
3. Application fees for the learner’s license
4. At least 6 copies of the passport-sized photograph
5. Completely filled application form- If applying from the RTO
6. Medical certificate ( If required)
Above all are the documents required for learning driving license.
How to apply for the learning driving license
The state RTO website in India allows you the fill out an online application for a learning driving license. Following are the steps for applying for the learning driving license online.
- Google to find your state RTO website and see the website has the facility of the learning license facility application.
- If the state transport department offers the facility of online application for the learning license online. Then read all the instructions carefully on how to do it.
- Generally, you need to fill out an application form in that you need to fill in information about the district, postal code, aadhar number, etc.
- After that pay the fees for the application.
- Also, some states offer the facility of choosing the slot for the learning license test.
- Then you need to go to RTO for the test and after passing the test you will get your learning driving licnese.
How to apply for the learning driving license through parivahan website
- Go to the parivahan.gov
- And click on the online service tab present at the top of the screen.
- Then select the driving license-related services.
- Choose your state from your application.
- Enter all the required details asked in the application form and upload the Documents Required for Learning Driving License.
- Click on the calculate fees.
- Choose the payment gateway.
- Complete the process of payment.
How to apply for the learning driving license offline
If you don’t want to apply online or you are not familiar with the process online or your state portal doesn’t offer this service then you can apply offline by going to your nearest RTO.
Read all the steps carefully for understanding the process of applying for the learning driving license offline:
- First, you need to go to your nearest RTO and collect the form for the learning driving license.
- After that fill out the form carefully.
- Attach photograph and documents required for learning driving license
- Submit the form with application fees to the RTO and schedule the test for the learning license.
- Go to the on the scheduled date and give it.
- After passing the test you will get your learning driving license.
Frequently asked questions
Q 1: Can I renew my old learning license after its expiry?
A: Expired learning license is not getting renewed but you can apply for the new one.
Q 2: Is my learning driving license valid throughout India?
A: Your learning driving license is valid throughout India?
Q 3: What is the Validity of the learning driving license?
A: Validity of the learning driving license is 6 months from the date of issue.
Q 4: Do I need to go through the vehicle driving test for getting a learning driving license?
A: No. There is no need to give a driving test. You need to give online or offline multiple-choice questions to test your skill on traffic rules and traffic signs.