Are you planning to visit Argentina? Then it needs to obtain Argentina visa for Indians to enter the country. Indians can apply for the respective visa types depending on the purpose of the visit like tourism, education, sports, business etc. Therefore this blog guides you with visa application process along with Argentina visa requirements and Argentina visa fees for Indians.
Argentina visa for Indians
|Type of Visa
|Visa Fee (INR)
|Maximum 90 days
|Free for Indian nationals
|Varies (apply well in advance)
|Maximum 60 days
|200 USD or NR 16600/-
|Approximately one week
Visitors with Argentina visa for Indians are allowed to stay in Argentina for a predetermined amount of time. The holder of the visa cannot work or engage in any business activities in the host country.
If your purpose of travel is tourism, it is important to use the travel visa application, which is applicable for a maximum travel duration of 60 days or less.
Argentinean business visa allows the bearer to enter Argentina and engage in business activities without joining the country’s labour force, temporarily or permanently. Furthermore, visitors must demonstrate that they do not have any sources of income within the country.
For the purpose of meeting with business corporations, attending scientific, educational, or professional meetings and conferences, engaging in estate-related activities, or negotiating agreements in Argentina, Indian citizens are eligible to apply for Argentinean business visas.
Business Argentina visa for Indians can be sent to the Argentine Republic’s consular office in Mumbai or New Delhi. This type of visa allows applicants to stay for a maximum of 60(sixty) days.
Argentina Tourist visa for Indian
Indian nationals planning to visit Argentina for tourism purposes need to apply for a tourist visa. Here are the key points:
- Application Process: Applicants must submit their visa application at the Argentine Embassy or Consulate in India. The process typically involves filling out the application form, providing necessary documents, and paying the visa fee.
- Required Documents:
- Valid Passport: The passport should have a minimum validity of six months from the intended date of travel.
- Flight Itinerary: Proof of round-trip flight bookings.
- Hotel Reservations: Confirmation of accommodation during the stay.
- Financial Proof: Bank statements or other evidence of sufficient funds.
- Travel Insurance: Coverage for the duration of the trip.
- Passport-Sized Photos: As per the specifications.
- Visa Fee: The visa fee varies based on the type of visa and duration of stay. It’s advisable to check the current fee with the Argentine Embassy.
- Processing Time: The processing time can vary, so applicants should apply well in advance of their travel dates.
- Visa Validity: Tourist visas are usually granted for a specific period (e.g., 90 days) and are valid for single or multiple entries.
Remember to verify the latest requirements and guidelines from the official Argentine government sources before applying. Safe travels!
For more detailed and up-to-date information, you can visit the official website of the Argentine Embassy in India.
Argentina Business visa for Indian
- Application Process: Indian passport holders can apply for an Argentina Business Visa at any Argentine Consular Office. The authorized stay period for this visa type is a maximum of 60 days.
- Required Documents:
- Valid Passport: Ensure your passport is valid for at least six months from your intended entry date into Argentina, with at least two blank pages.
- Passport-Sized Photos: Provide two recent 4×4 cm color photographs, facing the camera, printed on a white background.
- Visa Application Form: Fill out the form (preferably in electronic format) and sign it.
- Letter of Invitation: Obtain a letter from the inviting party in Argentina.
- Proof of Commercial/Work Activity: Include documentation (e.g., a letter from your employer) demonstrating your business-related activities.
- Round-Trip Reservation: While it’s recommended not to purchase tickets before obtaining the visa, provide proof of your round-trip flight bookings.
- Hotel Reservation or Accommodation Proof: Show confirmation of your stay in Argentina.
- Consular Fee: Pay the consular fee of 200 US dollars or euros, depending on the Consular Office where you apply.
- Consular Interview: Be prepared for an interview at the Consular Office.
Please note that fulfilling all these requirements does not guarantee the granting of a visa, as the decision remains at the exclusive discretion of the Argentine State. To initiate the visa application process, contact the relevant Consular Office to schedule an appointment and submit the necessary documents.
For more detailed information, you can visit the official Ministry of Foreiqn Affairs
International Trade and Worship website.
Argentina visa requirements for Indian citizens
Here is the list of Argentina visa for Indians requirements:
- Original passport with 6 months of validity with two black pages
- Duly filled visa application form
- Passport-sized photographs
- Personal cover letter- explain the purpose of the travel
- Bank statement
- Income tax return for last 3 years
- Air ticket- of a return flight back to your home county
- Hotel booking- proof of accommodation for your whole stay
Other documents required for the Argentina visa for Indians:
Along with the basic documents you might require some additional documents as per your occupation.
1. For employees:
- Leave sanction certificate
- Salary slip for last three months
2. For self-employed:
- Business proof ( ex. Registration license, MOA, partnership deed)
- Last 6 months company bank statement
- Company’s income tax return for the last 3 years
3. For retired:
- Retirement proof (ex. Pension book, statement, etc.)
4. For students:
- ID cards- from school, college, etc.
5. For minors:
- Birth certificate
- ID proof of parents
Argentina visa fees for Indian
- Tourist Visa:
- Fee: For Indian nationals, the tourist visa is free of cost. However, for citizens of other countries, the fee is $150 USD.
- Validity: The tourist visa allows a maximum stay of 90 days in Argentina.
- Requirements: Ensure your passport is valid for at least six months from the intended entry date and has at least two blank pages for the consular visa stamp and Argentina’s migration entry and exit stamps.
- Business Visa:
- Consular fee: 200 US dollars or euros, depending on the Consular Office where the application is filed.
- Processing Time: Expect the processing time to take approximately one week.
Remember that visa fees are subject to change, so it’s essential to verify the latest information from the official sources before applying. Safe travels!
How to apply for Argentina visa from India?
The application process for Argentina visa involves the following steps:
Step 1: Visit the URL Argentina visa application. You will be shown a PDF file of the application form. You must download this form and take a printout of it.
Step 2: To acquire an Argentina visa for Indians, it is imperative to complete the application form as an integral part of the application process.
Step 3: Go to the Visa Application Centre. Applicants are advised to contact the appropriate Consular Office to schedule an appointment. Applicants must keep in mind that they must bring the required supporting documents to the center.
Step 4: After the staff at the consulate checks the details of the application, they will record your application information in the system.
The consular officer will begin processing your visa after receiving this application form completed and signed, accompanied by the required supporting documents.
Invitation Letter Requirements
Invitation to foreign nationals for tourism
In the scenario where an Indian citizen travels to Argentina for tourism and intends to stay at the residence of an Argentine resident, the host must draft an invitation letter that will be submitted to the Argentine consular authority in India.
The purpose of submitting the invitation letter is only to begin the visa application procedure. Nevertheless, it is important to note that writing an invitation letter does not guarantee the approval or issuance of a visa.
While the invitation letter for an Argentina visa for Indians may have an informal tone, it still needs to fulfill certain requirements, which include:
- The invitees must write this letter in Spanish.
- The invitation letter should be specifically addressed to the Consul of the Argentine Republic in the Embassy of Mumbai or New Delhi, depending on the location.
- It must include all the personal and contact information of the resident of Argentina who is extending the invitation. Their full name, identity document number, address, landline or mobile phone number and e-mail address must be clearly stated.
- The letter must contain all the personal data of the foreign invitee (visa applicant). Their full name, nationality, date of birth, passport number and type, telephone number, e-mail and any other contact data in their place of residence must be stated.
- It must explain the relationship between the host and the invitee, the purpose of the trip, the stay period in Argentina, the place of stay and the estimated dates of arrival and departure from Argentina.
- The letter must confirm that the person signing it will be responsible for the departure of the foreign national from Argentina at the end of their authorized stay period.
- The inviter must include the following paragraph: “As the person inviting a foreign national, I confirm that I have carefully read and understood the provisions outlined in Chapter VI of Law No. 25871, in sections 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 and 121” in the letter.
- The inviting person must sign the letter, which must be certified by a Notary Public and the relevant association of Notaries Public.
- You have to mail or submit the original letter at the Argentine Embassy or Consulate to which the foreign national submits the visa application.
Invitation to foreign nationals for business activities
The Argentina visa for Indians applicants can only be invited by a legal entity based in Argentina who is registered with the National Registry of Petitioners on behalf of Foreign Applicants (RENURE) of the National Directorate of Migration.
Applicants may find more information on registration by contacting 4317-0289.
The host must write an invitation letter or note to be sent to the Argentine consular authority abroad only once they have registered with RENURE.
The purpose of submitting the invitation letter is only to begin the visa application procedure. However, writing an invitation letter does not guarantee the granting of a visa.
- If a group of foreign nationals hires the services of a travel agency and provided all applications that are submitted to the same Consular office, a sole invitation letter with the list of all travelers may be submitted.
- This list must contain the full name, date of birth, nationality, type, and number of travel documents, phone number and e-mail id of the foreign invitees.
- If you wish to invite a group of foreign nationals who intend to request a visa at the same Argentine Representation, you may prepare a list of the travellers and include it in the invitation letter.
- This list must contain the full name, date of birth, nationality, type and number of travel documents, phone number and e-mail id of the foreign invitees.
- In case of the list is attached to the letter, it must bear the signature of the host, which must be certified by a Notary Public and the relevant Association of Notaries Public as appropriate.
What do I do after submission?
- The chief of the consular section will review the complete application once it arrives at the Consulate.
- The Consulate will notify the applicant within 72 working hours if any additional documents are required, if any corrections are required, or if they must appear for the personal interview.
- Once all of the necessary requirements have been met, the Embassy will contact applicants to schedule an interview.
- A Consular Officer will call the applicant to come in for a personal interview. This interview is mandatory by law and there are no exceptions.
- The applicant must pay the visa fees only after the consular officer has informed them that their visa has been approved.
- They will also indicate the bank deposit method, as the Consulate office does not handle cash. You have to all deposits in rupees of India.
- After the personal interview, the approval of the Argentina visa for Indians and the payment of the corresponding fee at the Bank, the visa will be processed within the next 5 working days.
- The consulate will inform applicants when their visa is ready. They may collect their passport and visa from the respective VAC office after your visa application approval.
Traveling without a visa is illegal and can result in imprisonment. You will also need to deal with a tone of legal problems.
So the best option is to simply get one. It’s not that difficult for Indians to obtain an Argentina visa. You only need to adhere to the application process.
An Indian citizen can visit Argentina on a 90-day tourist visa. You must apply for it at a consulate general of Argentina. If everything goes according to plan, an interview request will be made for you.
Upon receiving visa approval, it is necessary to proceed with the payment of Argentina visa fees for Indian applicants. Once the fees are settled, you will be eligible to obtain the Argentina visa for Indians.
Is it possible to obtain an Argentina visa online?
No, you can not apply for an Argentina visa online. It is necessary to submit the application form at Embassy in India.
Does Argentina offer visa-free entry?
No, it requires to obtain Argentina visa for Indians to enter the nation.
What is the procedure for applying for a tourist visa to Argentina?
For obtaining Argentina tourist visa from India, it needs to apply with 3 page application for with cover letter mentioning all details (purpose, duration of stay) at the Embassy of Argentina in Delhi.
You can book order online for Argentina visa. For any query or concern please speak to one of our relationship manager over phone or chat. You can also write to us. We will get back to you.