NOC for vehicle in Chennai is provided by respective Regional Transport Authority/office ( RTA/RTO) where it is registered .
Normally, the NOC process takes about two weeks. However, actual time may differ slightly.
For NOC, a crime report from the Chennai police commissioner's office is required. The registered owner must physically attend to this. Its mandatory.
Documents required for NOC of vehicle(car / bike) transfer
1. When one is moving out of Chennai & vehicle is on loan and it will continue
2. When one is moving out of Chennai & vehicle loan has been paid off
3. When one is selling his/her vehicle to a person who lives outside Chennai
4. When one is selling his/her vehicle to a person who lives outside Chennai and loan has been paid off
NOC for vehicle(car / bike) transfer - FAQ
1. WHY N.O.C IS REQUIRED ?
Who ever wants to shift his vehicle from one state to other state needs a ? No Objection Certificate ? for getting his Vehicle and Registration Certificate transferred to other states. As per the rules, R.T.Authority insists on N.O.C before issuing clearance to the candidate.
2. Can a vehicle registered in one state can be used in another state?
A vehicle registered in one state can be used in other state with the same registration number for temporary purpose. The registration number is valid throughout the India, but if vehicle is migrated to some other state for long use then the fresh registration number from the state the vehicle is migrated to needs to taken and taxes to be paid. Taxes paid at time of registration are motor vehicle taxes for that particular state not for India.
3. How to obtain Clearance Certificate(cc) in the event of Sale/Removal of vehicle within the state ?
If the owner desires to remove or sell his vehicle outside the jurisdiction of registering authority within the State. Owner shall file the application on plain paper for issue of clearance certificate with the registering authority where the vehicle is registered along with the following documents: viz. Registration Certificate, Insurance Certificate, PUC.
4. Is there any validity period of NOC issued by RTO ?
NOC should be submitted to the new RTO within 45 days of its issuance , otherwise there is fine on it.