NOC for vehicle in Chennai is provided by respective Regional Transport Office (RTO) where it is registered .
Normally, the NOC process takes about 2-3 weeks. However, actual time may differ slightly.
For NOC, a crime report from the Chennai police commissioner's office is required. The registered owner must physically attend to this. Its mandatory.
Documents required for NOC of vehicle(car / bike) transfer
1. When one is moving out of Chennai & vehicle is on loan and it will continue
2. When one is moving out of Chennai & vehicle loan has been paid off
3. When one is selling his/her vehicle to a person who lives outside Chennai
4. When one is selling his/her vehicle to a person who lives outside Chennai and loan has been paid off
NOC for vehicle in Chennai- FAQ
1. Why NOC is required ?
Who ever wants to shift his vehicle from one state to other state needs a No Objection Certificate for getting his Vehicle and Registration Certificate transferred to other states.
As per motor vehicle act, for vehicle re-registration R.T.O. asks for N.O.C from the parent RTO.
2. Can a vehicle registered in one state can be used in another state?
A vehicle registered in one state can be used in other state with the same registration number for temporary purpose. The registration number is valid throughout the India.
But if vehicle is migrated to some other state for long duration then the re-registration of the vehicle has to be done and road tax has to paid. Road Tax paid at time of registration are motor vehicle tax for that particular state not for India.
3. How to apply for NOC in the event of Sale/Removal of vehicle within the state ?
Vehicle NOC should be applied to the RTO if the owner desires to remove or sell his vehicle outside the jurisdiction of registering authority within the State.
Registered owner should apply for vehicle NOC at the RTO where vehicle is registered. Application should be submitted on form 28 along with the following documents: viz. Registration Certificate, Insurance Certificate, PUC.
4. Is there any validity period of NOC issued by RTO ?
NOC should be submitted to the new RTO within 45 days of its issuance , otherwise there is fine on it.