Documents Required for Driving Licence Renewal Faridabad
Driving Licence Renewal Faridabad - FAQ
1. How can I renew my driving licence online in Faridabad ?
2. Do I require a medical certificate at the time of renewal?
Medical certificate is required in case the applicant is more than 50 years of age.
3. What happens if I forget to renew my licence?
There is grace period of 1 month after the expiry of driving licence. During grace period there is no late fine.
A driving licence can be renewed within 5 years from the date of its expiry. However there is late fine after grace period expires. But remember that driving with an expired licence is an offence.
4. What happens If an accident occurs after the expiry of your Driving Licence?
The Insurance Company will not provide the compensation if your driving licence is expired. So, its important to renew your driving licence once it expires. Also driving with expired driving licence is an offence as per motor vehicle act.
5. Can I change the address in my Driving Licence while applying for renewal?
Yes, you can apply for change of address when you submit the application for renewal of driving licence renewal. Note that you must choose the RTO accordingly if you wish to change the address. You also need to pay additional fees for the change of address in driving licence.
6. My DL has already expired; can I still renew it
Yes, you can. There is a grace period of 30 days after the expiration date of a Driving Licence. If you apply for DL renewal within these 30 days, there will not be any late fine.
DL renewal after the grace period is also possible, but it increases the fees of the procedure. For each year's delay, you have to pay a fine of Rs. 1,000, along with the cost of renewal and smart card.