Marriage registration - Documents Required
Marriage registration - FAQ
1. What is the legal age for getting married under Special Marriage Act?
As per Special Marriage Act, the minimum age of groom should be 21 years and the minimum age of bride should be 18 years at the time of marriage.
2. Is it mandatory to have address proof to register marriage?
Yes. Either husband or wife should have address proof.
3. My fiancee is living abroad . Can I register marriage?
No. For marriage registration purpose physical presence of both husband and wife is mandatory .
4. Who can be witness ?
Friend or family member anyone can be witness who has ID proof .
5. Is physical presence of witness is mandatory at the time of marriage registration ?
yes, physical presence is mandatory.
6. We could not get married within 90 days of serving notice for marriage . What can be done?
Notice has to be served again .