Driving License - Documents Required
Driving License - FAQ
1. How long is a Learner's licence valid?
The Learner's licence is valid up to six months. The permanent licence should be applied for, after 30 days and before 6 Months from the date of issue of the learner's licence.
2. Is a Learner's Licence valid outside Gurgaon?
Yes, it is valid throughout India.
3. Is the Learner's Licence renewable?
Yes, as long as you get it renewed after the date of its expiry.
4. Is it compulsory to obtain driving training from a Motor Driving School?
No, in case of private or non-commercial vehicles, it is not compulsory.
5. What happens if I fail the driving test?
You may apply for a re-test after 7 days. However this period of 7 days should be utilized to upgrade your skills and to rectify your mistakes.
6. How long is the driving licence valid?
Your licence is valid for 20 years from the date of issue or till you turn 50 years of age, whichever happens earlier.