Documents Required for Driving Licence Renewal Gurgaon
Driving Licence renewal Gurgaon - FAQ
1. What is period of validity of Driving Licence ?
2. How can I renew my driving licence online in Gurgaon ?
3. What happens if I forget to renew my licence?
There is grace period of 1 month after the expiry of driving licence. During grace period there is no late fine.
A driving licence can be renewed within 5 years from the date of its expiry. However there is late fine after grace period expires. But remember that driving with an expired licence is an offence.
4. What happens If an accident occurs after the expiry of your Driving Licence?
The Insurance Company will not provide the compensation if your driving licence is expired. So, its important to renew your driving licence once it expires. Also driving with expired driving licence is an offence as per motor vehicle act.
5. When one can apply for renewal of Driving License ?
Renewal of Driving License can not be applied before one month of the expiry period.
6. My DL has already expired; can I still renew it
Yes, you can. There is a grace period of 30 days after the expiration date of a Driving Licence. If you apply for DL renewal within these 30 days, there will not be any late fine.
DL renewal after the grace period is also possible, but it increases the fees of the procedure. For each year's delay, you have to pay a fine of Rs. 1,000, along with the cost of renewal and smart card.