NOC for vehicle in Mumbai is provided by respective Regional Transport Authority/office ( RTA/RTO) where it is registered .
Normally NOC process takes approx. 3-4 weeks time. However actual time may vary from RTO to RTO.
Physical presence of either vehicle or registered owner is not required .
Documents required for NOC of vehicle in Mumbai
1. When one is moving out of Mumbai & vehicle is on loan and it will continue
2. When one is moving out of Mumbai & vehicle loan has been paid off
3. When one is selling his/her vehicle to a person who lives outside Mumbai
4. When one is selling his/her vehicle to a person who lives outside Mumbai and loan has been paid off
NOC for vehicle(car / bike) transfer in Mumbai - FAQ
1. WHY N.O.C IS REQUIRED ?
2. Can a vehicle registered in one state can be used in another state?
3. How to obtain Clearance Certificate(cc) in the event of Sale/Removal of vehicle within the state ?
4. Is there any validity period of NOC issued by RTO ?
NOC should be submitted to the new RTO withi 45 days of its issuance , otherwise there is fine on it.
5. I am transferring my vehicle from Bangalore to Mumbai which is on loan from bank. Is it necessary to repay full loan amount to get NOC from RTO
Either you can repay complete loan and remove hypothecation or loan continuation letter can be taken from the bank .