Documents Required for Driving Licence Renewal Pune
Driving Licence renewal in Pune - FAQ
1. What is period of validity of Driving Licence ?
2. Do I require a medical certificate at the time of renewal?
Medical certificate is required in case the applicant's age is more than 40 years.
3. What happens if I forget to renew my licence?
There is grace period of 1 month after the expiry of driving licence. During grace period there is no late fine.
A driving licence can be renewed within 5 years from the date of its expiry. However there is late fine after grace period expires. But remember that driving with an expired licence is an offence.
4. What happens If an accident occurs after the expiry of your Driving Licence?
The Insurance Company will not provide the compensation if your driving licence is expired. So, its important to renew your driving licence once it expires. Also driving with expired driving licence is an offence as per motor vehicle act.
5. When one can apply for renewal of Driving License ?
Renewal of Driving License can be applied before one month of the expiry period.
Also you get grace period of one month after the date of expiry of driving licence.
6. Can I change the address in my Driving Licence while applying for renewal?
Yes, you can apply for change of address when you submit the application for renewal of driving licence renewal. Note that you must choose the RTO accordingly if you wish to change the address. You also need to pay additional fees for the change of address in driving licence.